TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movie Park Germany Discussion Thread

• 10 months later...

http://www.awn.com/news/business/nickelodeon-and-movie-park-germany-renew-licensing-deal

Nickelodeon and film and entertainment theme park Movie Park Germany announced the renewal of their strategic partnership around NICKLAND, the popular NICK-themed 50,000 square-foot interactive adventure area at Movie Park Germany in Bottrop-Kirchhellen. Under the new, six-year licensing agreement (effective April 2012), Movie Park Germany will retain theme park rights to incorporate Nickelodeon’s beloved characters into attractions and features at its theme park.

Since it opened in April 2007, NICKLAND (the first NICK-themed adventure site to launch in Europe) has offered kids and families several immersive attractions based on Nickelodeon’s wildly popular children’s TV programs, including SpongeBob SquarePants, Dora The Explorer and Jimmy Neutron. The renewed partnership between Nickelodeon and Movie Park Germany will include the development of re-themed attractions, co-branded merchandise and expanded marketing campaigns in Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands.

“We’re thrilled to continue our strategic partnership with Movie Park Germany," said Patrick Alders, Managing Director, Nickelodeon Germany. “NICKLAND has been such a thriving and exciting destination for kids and families to interact with Nickelodeon’s brand and characters, and we’re really looking forward to expanding the Nickelodeon experience there over the next six years.”

“We are more than happy with the extension of the partnership with Nickelodeon. During the last year, NICKLAND has played an important role in our success story and it is an everyday pleasure to see kids hugging SpongeBob or Patrick. We are looking forward to welcoming new Nickelodeon family members during the next years,” said Wouter Dekkers, General Manager of Movie Park Germany.

“We’re always excited to offer kids and families around the world unique and innovative Nickelodeon entertainment experiences through world class partners such as Movie Park Germany. NICKLAND will continue to offer the ultimate interactive Nick experience and remain one of Movie Park's most popular attractions,” added Gerald Raines, Vice President, Nickelodeon Recreation Business Development.

• 1 month later...

from a German Local Website http://www.ruhrnachrichten.de

Eine neue Achterbahn für eine zweistellige Millionensumme plant der Movie Park in Feldhausen. Am Donnerstag, 31. Mai, werden die Pläne dem Bottroper Stadtplanungsausschuss vorgestellt. Dieser muss über das Vorhaben entscheiden, weil dafür eine Änderung des geltenden Bebauungsplans nötig ist.

Alle Bauten über 18 Metern Höhe erfordern im Park eine zusätzliche Genehmigung – für die neue Achterbahn direkt hinter dem Eingangsbereich des Parks möchte man eine Erlaubnis für 60 Meter Höhe. Das entspricht der Höhe des Free-Fall-Towers. Ganz so hoch werde die neue Achterbahn allerdings nicht, verspricht Park-Chef Wouter Dekkers. Er geht von rund 45 Metern aus: „Wir wollten aber nicht eine neue Genehmigung einholen müssen, wenn es dann am Ende 46 oder 48 Meter sind.“

Benötigt werde die neue Attraktion, um sich gegenüber der Konkurrenz besser aufzustellen, so Dekkers. 2001 wurde die letzte große Achterbahn im Movie Park eröffnet, seitdem haben etwa der Freizeitpark Efteling, und vor allem auch der Heidepark kräftig aufgerüstet. Bei einer Umfrage unter den eigenen Besuchern gaben im Movie Park nur 65 Prozent an, dass der Movie Park eine einzigartige Attraktion zu bieten habe. 40 Prozent wünschten sich ein Fahrgeschäft mit „Thrill“-Faktor, also etwas Aufregendes.

Google Translate

A new roller coaster for a two-digit million sum of Movie Park is planning Feldhausen. On Thursday, 31 May be, presented the plans to the city of Bottrop Planning Committee. This has to decide on the project, because this an amendment to existing development plan is necessary. want for the new roller coaster directly behind the entrance of the park is a permit for 60 meters - require all buildings over 18 meters in the park, an additional permit. This corresponds to the height of the free-fall tower. Quite as high as the new roller coaster will not, however, promises park chief Wouter Dekkers. It starts from about 45 meters, "We did not have to obtain a new permit if it then at the end of 46 or 48 feet are." If a new attraction going to get better against the competition draw, said Dekkers. In 2001, the last big roller coaster at Movie Park opened, since then about the Efteling, and upgraded especially the Heidepark strong. In a survey of our own visitors at Movie Park reported only 65 percent said the movie had to offer a unique park attraction. 40 percent wanted a ride with "thrill" factor, something exciting.

Link to original article - http://www.ruhrnachrichten.de/lokales/kirchhellen/Movie-Park-will-eine-neue-Achterbahn;art4249,1656950#.T8UDU5omfgs

It mentions at the bottom of the page they will be looking to get this open by 2014

Movie Park Germany also posted this photo on the web .....

Fotomontage-neue-Achterbahn.jpg.1de4edff68550f471b69b65968c4a8c5.jpg

Foto Montage Neuer Achterbahn Movie Park Germany .....Movie Park Germany is planning a 45 meter tall roller coaster near the park’s entrance to open in 2014 and has submitted plans to the city to obtain the zoning permission. The news article also talks about possibly using a catapult / launch system coaster design, but this has not been finalized. The cost of the proposed coaster will be over 10 million Euros.

• 2 weeks later...

Will it be themed to Ice Age?

Because along with Nick Land, that's the only movie theme in this "MoviePark".

A new coaster is always nice, but I hope the park can secure some new movie licenses soon. It's not Heide-Park, it's not Hansa-Park, it's MoviePark.

Edited by BDG

• 3 months later...

A local newspaper is reporting that the 2014 roller coaster has been cancelled due to Parques Reunidos struggling in Spain and Italy.

Parques Reunidos, Besitzer des Movie Parks in Bottrop-Feldhausen, verzeichnet durch die Eurokrise einen dramatischen Besucherrückgang in Parks in Spanien und Italien. Das wirkt sich auch vor Ort aus. Erst Anfang September waren die Achterbahn-Pläne im Movie Park auf Bürgerversammlungen vorgestellt worden. Jetzt ist das 10-Mio-Projekt Geschichte.

http://www.derwesten.de/staedte/bottrop/ueberraschendes-aus-fuer-die-achterbahn-im-movie-park-in-bottrop-id7133568.html

Edited by BDG

Hopefully Moviepark will not close in some years.

But that is the problem if you are connected to an international group and not independent.

The saddest thing is, that it would be very important for the park to build a new coaster. The coaster should have been build near to the entrance. That is a place, which is lied waste and and that looks a little bit strange, when you enter the park.

The park doesn't lost his soul!

They still have some really good rides. And with Halloween Horror Fest they have one of the best events I've ever seen.

I think they did good with the Van Helsing part. The coaster is great and the stuntshow is as well. If the park could make more of the Van Helsing area, it would be great...

Would anyone be sad if it closed?

The park already lost its heart and soul at the end of the 2004 season, when they got rid of the Warner Bros. themes.

I disagree with this statement completely. I really enjoyed Movie Park back in 2008, and it looks like they have a solid new ride in Van Helsing.

As Elissa said, there are parks that are far worse than Movie Park.

Do you know what's crazy the park Slagharen (Netherlands) still get four new attractions next year. This park is also of Parques Reunidos and if they have a shortage on money why not cut it away from Slagharen, give them 3 or 2 new attractions and use that money for Movie park the park deserve to keep growing in my opinion.

Do you know what's crazy the park Slagharen (Netherlands) still get four new attractions next year. This park is also of Parques Reunidos and if they have a shortage on money why not cut it away from Slagharen, give them 3 or 2 new attractions and use that money for Movie park the park deserve to keep growing in my opinion.

Because in Slagharen, they will remove attractions for this four new attractions So they can´t make a retreat from this decision. I hope for Movie Park Germany, they´ll still have a good future, because i like the park very much. So maybe they´ll find a new investor. Maybe a Investor, which has something to do with films( UNIVERSAL )

Oh well, enough dreaming for this day!

• 8 months later...

Germany´s first Wooden Coaster "Bandit" is now closed for an uncertain time:

Here the official statement: (translated with google)

Hi friends,

as you have probably noticed, "The Bandit" is currently out of service. For this purpose we would like to explain briefly why.

Before the season starts in 2013 there is every attraction controls, all were normal - even with our wooden roller coaster. In the course of the season but we have to find that the driving experience is no longer in line with our desired requirements. Thus we have decided to close the attraction to make some improvements. Only when these tasks are completed, "The Bandit" may go into operation.

Regards

Your MPG Team

source: https://www.facebook.com/MovieParkGermany?fref=ts

How I get there statement I think it undergoes re-track.

Personal advice for it are perhaps new trains. If they take away the 2X3 and replace it with the much more flexible 2X1 (gravity group or GCI) you can improve the ride already (off coarse new trains and re-track). That's what I would recommend for the bandit. But I guess they keep it with a re-track.

^ That improves every wooden coaster.

My knowledge of Bandit is reserved only to what I've read and seen here on TPR so this may be a silly question, but wasn't the ride always rough? And the park is just now recognizing it?

Honestly looked like a decent layout that could probably use a Rocky Mountain Construction overhaul...

• 1 month later...
My knowledge of Bandit is reserved only to what I've read and seen here on TPR so this may be a silly question, but wasn't the ride always rough? And the park is just now recognizing it?

A little bit of both. The current owners knew it was too rough, but the Spanish owners simply didn't have the budget. The park has an SBNO river rapids ride as well. :/

Six Flags however, who owned the park when the ride opened, replaced the original Intamin-trains after just one season to make it smoother.

But they replaced them with trains by Premier Rides, the same ones that destroyed Son of Beast. So who knows, maybe in the long run they've made things worse.

Anyway, as you can see, the first drop is finally getting its much needed retrack. The entire first drop, including the uphill section that follows, is being replaced.

They're even replacing some of the wood in the support structure with steel beams.

Oh... and the park also posted this on their blog:

"Behind this door you'll find in 2014..."

I know this sounds a bit like a broken record, "But if any ride needs the RMC treatment, it's Bandit." I'm not sure that any "standard" retracking is more than a temporary solution to a long-term problem.

Movie Park Germany is also getting a new Maze for Halloween with "The Walking Dead" licence. (Beside the US-Universal Studios)

1002501_631470866877063_1879386882_n.jpg.8ccd03798fb2066991c82dea397766a2.jpg

But I don't think that the Movie Park Maze Version of The Walking Dead can be compared with the Universal Version, though I suppose for an european maze it is going to be good enough.

link:

Finally, Bandit is now back in operation!

Dear Movie Park fans,

it is: The Bandit is now back in operation. The repairs are finally completed and we are pleased that our guests can take advantage of one of the main attractions of the park again, and above all, enjoy.

Thank you all for your patience in recent weeks, in which we replace a part of the track and they were able to optimize it.

And now go on to the Movie Park and Bandit!

Your MPG Team

link:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=609474255764499&set=a.123053857739877.10087.123039377741325&type=1&theater