TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TR: Elitch Gardens

Okay, so last week I was in Colorado for a long weekend. It turned out to be quite a great short getaway. Anyway, I will get to the point right away, Elith Gardens was a nice park overall.

Overall Impressions: Small park with a lot of charm, fun employees, nice landscaping and some neat rides.

Roller Coasters:

Sidewinder: 2/10 Ouch! Talk about no sort of thrill, it took like 3 minutes for the second backwards launch to initiate.

Boomerang: 8/10 Ran great! Got on it twice (could have done more), once in the light and once at night. I prefer in the dark, but the ride overall was very smooth and enjoyable!

Half-Pipe: 9/10 What a Blast! The acceleration was unbelievable! The only down fall is that is was slightly uncomfortable for males....

Twister II: 9/10 Another awesome woodie! This ride was so much fun, especially in the dark and in the last row. It kept throwing you all over the place and seemed to never end. However, it was only running one train.

Mind-Eraser: 5/10 In my eyes, a poor attempt for Vekoma to be like Batman the Ride at SFGAm. Similar ideas, poorly executed in design, also painful to males.

The Flying Coaster: 3/10 LOL! Is this thing really a coaster? I call it "Carnival Ride meets a Wild Mouse Laying Down." That sums it up pretty well. No adjustable restraints, hurt during inversions like no other!

My visit was very enjoyable, especially for such a small park. It was during fright fest, so we did the free haunted house. That was really fun, and seemed to take a while to get through, which is great! I would give this park an 8/10, if they had more room to expand a few more coasters would be nice, but there are some great flats!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhhh! Boomerang smooth?

--Jay

I would have to say no... I rode it last Saturday... Man that thing was evil as usual. Super pain wherever it hits the chain lift plus the uncomfortable feelings throughout the ride of random bumps... I dunno how people can say it is smooth.

Beyond that I also don't see how people get so uncomfortable on things like HalfPipe and Mind Eraser... Maybe it is just my height but I don't really have any problems with those rides.

When I rode Boomerang, I got one bump the first time I rode, and none the second time. I actually liked it a lot.

I don't really understand how you didn't like Sidewinder. It pulls some great g's and has nice pops of airtime.

I REALLY don't see how Twister II gets an eight. I could understand it IF that evil trim wasn't there, but it is, and there is no airtime. It is just a beat you around ride that is mildly fun.

Yeah, in my mind Sidewinder is the best coaster in the park.

Half Pipe is fun, but has been uncomfortable for me lately. Not only do they smash the restraint into your groin, but I have grasp the restraint tight to keep it from boxing my ears. It's tough to enjoy the ride when your 'struggling' to be comfortable.

Boomerang is very smooth compared to other boomerangs. The only bad part is that second lift, which does give a good rattle.

I will agree with that.

As for sidewinder, I was expecting a lot more out of it than it delivered, the launch wasn't even fast.