TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Derek goes back to Great Adventure

DerekRx

The lift hill is more advanced then it seems and Derek pointed it out to me. The cable lifts that are out there start from the station and the train is not moving. El Toro is moving and must stop at a certain point and lock into position. But I will say I'm not defending the park for these late openings. I think it sucks and something needs to be done. I also think the fast pass thing is way out of hand!

Nicole next season make sure you come visit with Derek!

^LOL.... I would rather ride Hydra and Talon than wait three hours for Kingda Krap and El Taco. Plus I don't have a SF pass. So I think we made the right decision.

Hydra.

R.I.P. Hercules

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This issue kind of ties in with the one train debate that has been going on in another thread. Why would you purposly open up a major ride after opening? Like I said in the other thread, the purpose of the park is to entertain and satisfy the customers. I know that on my visits I have not been very happy with the ride opening so late after the gates opened. I can't imagine what people are thinking that are only making that one trip for the year or have not been to the park in ages and are finally making a return trip.

Yeah, it really makes no sense having that ride and that ride only NOT open with the park. If its because it needs more maintenance or staffing or time to open up, why doesn't the park have those particular employees come in earlier? But its the ONLY ride that doesn't open until 12, instead why not have one of the less popular rides open up later, like GASM or Runaway Train? "El Toro isn't opened yet, but feel free to have your picture taken by 1 of our 19 photo guys at the entrance plaza."

If they need more time for that ride, then why don't they have a staggered opening schedule much like IOA does, open up Plaza de Carnival and Frontier Adventures an hour or 2 later every day, instead of having everyone run right to the new ride only to find some clueless security guard saying "it ain't opened, they don't know when it will open, come back this afternoon" or a sign only in the Fastpass office stating that the ride won't open until 12. (and at 12:30 it still wasn't opened). Oh well, at least now I know for next year that I won't have to get to the park at opening to ride El Toro because it won't do me any good. Instead I'll only leave my house at 12 after I eat lunch.

And like someone said, yeah I bet if the ride was at any other park, it wouldn't have these same problems every single day.

I will say though, its very amusing how the new "running of the bulls" isn't to Kingda Ka or El Toro, even the GP is aware that they never open with the park. The new immediate destination for everyone this past weekend was the Flashpass office!

I will say though, its very amusing how the new "running of the bulls" isn't to Kingda Ka or El Toro, even the GP is aware that they never open with the park. The new immediate destination for everyone this past weekend was the Flashpass office!

That's just wrong in so many ways... 3 places to wait in line just to give the park money before you even *do* anything. Then the rides open late (or not at all), and they can't promise you anything for the money you've given them. I've been suckered in myself, but it's mind boggling how many end up in this place.

^ I'd say 38 would be fine.

I guess this will be a good motivator for me as I'm planning a trip to CP next year. I still need to lose another 30 lbs or so. (I am an ACER after all).

I hope to get to Jackson some time too, but that's probably not going to be next year.

It just blows my mind that Six Flags keeps doing this crap with buying "OMGosh the biggest baddest ride evar!!!" and then it won't work.

I'm sure Shapiro is shaking his head wondering what is wrong with these guys.

Now I could see if it was just one ride like Kingda Ka, but it seems like it's a repeat thing for this park.

Next time they need to get a reliable ride that can handle a ton of capacity. New Jersey gets a ton of people. Anything else in unacceptable.