TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

A Wicked Little Coaster on Long Island

imbordisux

I know you guys (Elissa especially) love those kiddie credits, so I thought I'd let you know of a sick little coaster we have out here in the middle of Long Island, New York.

Thriller Coaster at "Sports Plus Entertainment Center" is an intense little bugger with a sick little pop of airtime and a layout consisting of tight helices.

Here are some photos of the out-of-your-seat drop:

Close-up of the drop:

On the left, the steepness of that drop:

Just thought I'd share.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now thats a good kiddie ride.

heres another: its called Clone Zone, and its a rather lonely kiddie ride. nothing else except a miniature park, farm and a bumper cars thing that we stayed on for 30mins straight.

its more of a walk through thing with a story line. deffinately worth a ride if the queue is free

question: why dont my img tags work

• 2 weeks later...

My favourite kiddie coaster is The Cliffhanger at Blackgang Chine. It's very small but when you go up the 30-foot chainlift you can see down over the hills, past the cliffs and out to sea, besides, if you sit in the back there's some good airtime on the first drop.

• 2 weeks later...

I've wanted to go check this out for a while.

When is the park closing? I'd like to go but I don't know when I'll be back in the area, and lord knows I don't want another excuse to try and ride Kingda Ka again (I'm currently 0-3 on that )

Good to hear that the ride is fun at least. And see, James DOES go to parks that are open occasionally!

-Don

When is the park closing?

Not sure of any exact date, but it wouldn't surprise me if it closed shortly after the holidays.

Here's an article (dated August 4, 2006) on the matter.

And here's a page on the redevelopment project, stating that it is scheduled to be completed in 2007. If that timeline is still correct, Sports Plus has gotta be closing up shop soon.

I too live on Long Island and the latest buzz I am hearing is that it won't be closing anymore. Apparently the town wouldn't rezone the property for the proposed condos. I now here that they're looking to put some money back into the place and upgrade the arcade. Personally, I don't like the place too much but the coaster had my girlfriend and I laughing.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
I too live on Long Island and the latest buzz I am hearing is that it won't be closing anymore. Apparently the town wouldn't rezone the property for the proposed condos. I now here that they're looking to put some money back into the place and upgrade the arcade. Personally, I don't like the place too much but the coaster had my girlfriend and I laughing.

Pete

That was pretty much my reaction to the coaster. I laughed the whole time through. I love cheesy stuff, and this coaster definitely delivered. Was it a good ride coaster-wise? Not really, but it is fairly entertaining.

Ooh, I hope Sports Plus doesn't close down. The summer camp I work at (go up to LI every summer) goes bowling there a bit. And I'd rather take kids bowling than to the beach.

• 1 month later...
^what is the price of their haunted house and is their a special price for the haunted house and the coaster combo?

The Haunted house was like $20? Um you have to pay a fee to get into the place so I think that's the coaster fee, but the haunted house is only there in October.