TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Elissa & Jahan at SFMM

SharkTums

I was totally there.

They rode it a grand total of 110 times.

But its lame they took 15min breaks every hour so they didnt do it straight.I wanted to jump in and ride it for the last 4 hours but i had to operate it.

GOSH

~CHRIS"lost my virginty to colossus backwards"-O

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You had to be an Xtreme Play Pass Holder for this year, and then call in to register.

As for the 110 times, yup, that pretty much equals out to what I was predicting in my TR. NOT a real coaster marathon at all, but then again, I don't think they wanted to kill people!

As posted on another website:

Coolest / Stupidest thing I've done in a while...

Yesterday, was they day for me to go to magic mountain to attend a special event. Not just the normal ride a couple coasters blah blah blah...no, this was a competition. The competition was to ride Colossus for 13 hours for Friday the 13th. Not only was it Colossus, it was Colossus BACKWARDS!!! I wasn't on the competition train til about 10:15am, but the competition started at 8am. Due to several people puking and leaving, I finally got on. And I stayed on all the way to the end til 9pm. Every hour, we had a 15 min break to get off and stretch, bathroom, ect...and boy did I need every one of them. I got really really messed up by the ride. I have bruises on my hands from holding the bar, bruises on my thighs, my neck hurts, back hurts, and not to mention my arms from slamming into the side of the train. Aside from it the pain, the event was a blast. Met a alot of nice people and I think the highlight for me was eating snack wraps on the ride and having people look at me like "wtf, what is this kid doing? He's going to get sick!"

So like I said, I ended up staying til the end and the final ride everyone was screaming thier heads off. The ones that stayed on from 8am to 9pm got a total of 110 rides. I ended up with 88. Not bad in my opinion. And you must be like, ok, what was the prize, was it worth it the pain. Before I get to the prize, part of the prize for me is knowing that I was able to do something like this and last all the way through, not every day you can say you did an event like this. However, I did win free tickets, a cool shirt, and 2007 season passes to the park.

Thanks for reading. And thanks to magic mountain for throwing an event like this.

As for the comment from:

Dan was wearing his peach-tinted sunglasses on the ride after sundown. A lot of jokes were made in the queue line about that.

Where else was I going to put my glasses? Not going to have them smashed or fly off... Lol, jokes about that? Weird... As for peach-tinted, no, they're yellow thank you . Were you the one sitting behind me near the end?

So, not that anybody really cares, but who won?

I saw a TV commercial for another "marathon" they're planning to do on halloween. Something about 3 teams of 4 riders, 5 rides on the most popular coasters and theres a CASH PRIZE!!! A big one too for 1st place. Anybody want to conjure a team with me? I'd be totally fine with ditching work for a day if I can earn a couple weeks pay in one fell swoop!

I guess PM if anybody is interested.

You had to be an Xtreme Play Pass Holder for this year, and then call in to register.

As for the 110 times, yup, that pretty much equals out to what I was predicting in my TR. NOT a real coaster marathon at all, but then again, I don't think they wanted to kill people!

I was 23C. you didn't have to be a Xtreme Play Pass Holder, or regular pass holder, you just had to be signed up for Six Flags news from their website.

Still feeling the pain. Going backwards 110 times is NOT easy. Even with 15 minute breaks.

Wow, I cant imagine trying to ride backwards for that long on ANY coaster. I have never gotten sick after riding a coaster but I dont do backwards well on coasters. One time I looked bckwards at my friend behind me on Mamba the whole ride and got off feeling nautious, and thats a smooth ride! Those poor people are probably brain dead now.

So, not that anybody really cares, but who won?

I saw a TV commercial for another "marathon" they're planning to do on halloween. Something about 3 teams of 4 riders, 5 rides on the most popular coasters and theres a CASH PRIZE!!! A big one too for 1st place. Anybody want to conjure a team with me? I'd be totally fine with ditching work for a day if I can earn a couple weeks pay in one fell swoop!

I guess PM if anybody is interested.

Does anyone have info on this?

^ I have the hotline number, but today at 11:59 pm the entry to the sweepstakes/chance to enter the contest ends. You HAVE to be 18 or older, no exceptions.

The teams will marathon Viper, Scream!, Tatsu, and Goliath. First place team will see that each member is awarded $1,000 --- for a total of $4,000 for the first place team.

ALL team contestants whether first or last place, will be given a complimentary 2007 annual pass.

^ I have the hotline number, but today at 11:59 pm the entry to the sweepstakes/chance to enter the contest ends. You HAVE to be 18 or older, no exceptions.

The teams will marathon Viper, Scream!, Tatsu, and Goliath. First place team will see that each member is awarded $1,000 --- for a total of $4,000 for the first place team.

ALL team contestants whether first or last place, will be given a complimentary 2007 annual pass.

Ends today Oct. 15? Got the Number?