TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Elissa & Jahan at SFMM

SharkTums

After my victory preordering a Wii (make sure to check out my Photo TR in the random board!), a pizza lunch, and a quick check of email it was time to meet up with Jahan and point and laugh at the suffering of others marathoning Colossus Backwards...I'll let the pictures tell the story!

col16.jpg.c48e4699c25e4df3167fc1612b03c310.jpg

And finally...don't forget...CURE DIABETES!!!!

col15.jpg.c24498def9627ab1d6b146045862e230.jpg

Yay Characters! And look, Ryan, they're totally pounding it!

col14.jpg.302dd6ab426e84d0dca4ca7c4a8e8c82.jpg

Hmmm, now he doesn't look so confident in his decision!

col13.jpg.b1723485ba79b891209968a9ba15ab6d.jpg

Jahan can't resist any longer and must also join the cool kids and take a ride! (Note to readers, I was smart and did not ride!)

col12.jpg.efe53004ca53d56748a5655ec4044e63.jpg

The employees kept checking all of the empty trains, I'm guessing they were looking for vital organs, spines, tail bones, etc. that might have fallen out.

col11.jpg.7a8058ed6b045f3ec03f9d2a55fa3c23.jpg

Aww crap! Poor Dan...he doesn't get a break as his lapbar is stuck!

col10.jpg.3c2a34613bdf9b7ebc0f39dd0495fe41.jpg

OH! Cause it's break time! 45 minutes on, 15 minutes off. The way they were dispatching I'm guessing that's about 7 rides an hour.

col9.jpg.a24ada99a240aed9ecc35517784648e7.jpg

I wonder why these people all look so happy!?!?!?....

col8.jpg.db77316cebbfcba2d08c9e1e191a838d.jpg

"There there, it's okay, it's all over now, you're off the ride, just let it all out honey"

col7.jpg.c976f957721a7a15dbc0fbc5cf42aad7.jpg

Here are some 'losers' and 'swappers'. Basically they didn't want empty seats so as people dropped out, new people took their place. Not quite a marathon contest. =/ As of 1pm about 8 people had dropped out, 6 of them puking in the process.

col6.jpg.bf060a8bbcbf31e10d4ff12bd3da448e.jpg

Apparently instead of adding a soundtrack to the coaster, it was decided it was cheaper to just give everyone Ipods! =)

col5.jpg.0eae4e11bdee6fea1e5e3f69d012b123.jpg

Dan thinks to himself: "Only real colossus backwards riding men wear pink wristbands!"

col4.jpg.c12a20b57666e41cc773f88558242fde.jpg

They were running one backwards train for the marathon peeps and one backwards train for the GP.

col3.jpg.24381e35e67c5d845c81a3cc6eaf5026.jpg

Looks like Bugs and Foghorn checked out that Disneyland Paris video!!!!

col2.jpg.804e8f0dd385d3cee7e03acc27ad9922.jpg

The park was all decked out for Fright Fest, and quite crowded compared to what I thought would be the case. Perhaps it's the evil Friday the 13th lure!

col1.jpg.35d06e8e5af7f55cd53dbdd8d38cc0ec.jpg

Jahan sat as far away from me as possible on the tram, perhaps it was our snazzy matching TPR Hoodies!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riding any coaster more than once backwards seems like death to me. I would get really nauseous after like two rides.

Plus, factor in the roughness of the coaster, and it would be damn awful! American Eagle is a pretty smooth coaster, but the helices beat you to death going backwards. And haven't I heard that Colossus is horrendously rough?

Yeah I actually would have been better off riding Colossus backwards, instead I spent that time running away from the 'twins'!

Jahan wasn't part of the marathon...remember, he's almost smart. He just rode it once because he lusts for pain.

Riding any coaster more than once backwards seems like death to me. I would get really nauseous after like two rides.

Same Here. If the trains were facing forwards, i reckon i could do it.

Racer @ PKI: I can ride it once forwards, if i want to get my back broken, or I can ride it all day backwards: smoother and good airtime. Great ride backwards, crap forwards.

-James Dillaman

Just hopped out of the shower after having driven back from the park...what a long day...got there and checked in at around 7:15 am and left at around 10 pm. I spent a good 7 hours waiting to be called on, after my alternate number was SKIPPED! because I left to ride Tatsu with two friends at around 10 am. Didn't get on Colossus to compete until 7-ish and got the T-shirt and two complimentary 2006 park admission tickets.

Some interesting notes:

COLOSSUS RACED! WOW! In the past 8 or 10 years I've been there, I have never seen this phenomenon. I was upset for a little while for not having my camera on me. Then I got over it real quickly.

Riding Colossus backwards is really terrible the first two rides and you think to yourself..."DAMN, how are those weirdos clocking in 8 straight hours of riding this thing?" But the 4th or 5th time, you know how and when to brace yourself and it's really not that bad. Once you adjust, the ride is perfectly re-rideable and has some insane ejector air in some parts (for instance...me riding in the last car for the first time, the train climbing up into the first turnaround, I was thrown up so forcefully into the lapbar that my ballsack region felt like a salami after being struck with a steel mallet). No exaggerations there. It hurt.

Orient Express was testing today when I was waiting to get on Tatsu's first train.

This woman with a frazzled hairdo (HAD TO have been over 65 EASILY) was on Colossus for more than 10-12 hours. It completely blows my mind. I have a newfound respect for seniors. Seniors that know no physical restraints and will do anything for that free Xtreme Play Pass so they don't have to fork over that ridiculous $15 parking. Props to her. However, I would not be all too surprised if she woke up tomorrow morning, a vegetable.

Circus Wheel was testing. I almost wet my pants upon observation.

Dan was wearing his peach-tinted sunglasses on the ride after sundown. A lot of jokes were made in the queue line about that.

The 10 year old blonde girl and 16 year old guy both failed to complete the hissing cockroach event. Both vomited. The guy after having eaten 5 and the girl just one. I won a tacky Superman The Escape souvenir soda bottle for correctly answering the question "What was on the plot of land before Hurricane Harbor was built." I didn't realize I even knew the answer before I shouted it out all spastically into the microphone at the POWER106 setup in Gotham City.

The gorgoyle in Gotham City Backlot...is the man.

Artificial fog is eerily reminescent of marijuana smoke. It's so skunky.

X was closed. As was Viper (from what I was told). Scream! was in one train operation all day.

The end.

This woman with a frazzled hairdo (HAD TO have been over 65 EASILY) was on Colossus for more than 10-12 hours. It completely blows my mind. I have a newfound respect for seniors. Seniors that know no physical restraints and will do anything for that free Xtreme Play Pass so they don't have to fork over that ridiculous $15 parking. Props to her. However, I would not be all too surprised if she woke up tomorrow morning, a vegetable.

Is this her? That's my co-worker!

1356927414_col12_210copy.jpg.31865d9fa6ae102b11103c566a585327.jpg

She made it all 13 hours, and yeah we'll see how well she's doing Monday morning...

Is this her? That's my co-worker!

YES! That's her! She is ridiculous. I am seriously still in awe of her. There we had a countless number of healthy guys my age (early 20's), giving up their seats after 2-3 hours of riding due to vomiting while this withering (or looks to be withering) woman in her 60's clocks in the complete 13 hours. She's an [ALIEN] [sUPERHUMAN] [uBER-WEIRDO]. Take your pick. Just. Wow.