TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Series of Unfortunate Events

thefitness

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're okay, I guess. They were really funny at first, but the style of writing is almost annoying anymore.

I'm going to get The End in about an hour.

You're right, the movie was the biggest piece of crap they could have possibly put out.

well I just baught mine super happy. I hated the movie too because it was totally retarded changed the story and even mixed the order of what happened around. What cracked me up is when they said "if you want to see the movie about the happy elves this is the wrong screen. Instead you should head to screen #3" and I ask my freing "isnt grudge playing in screen #3?" we checked after and it was. I can not wait to read the book all though I am in trouble cause I didnt do some of my math homework

I've been somewhat emotionally invested in these books for a while now, and like hell I'm not going to read the last book. I'm dying to find out what the heck is going on with the sugar bowl and the schism and VFD and where the triplets went and whatnot.

Primarily a vehicle for Jim Carrey? Completely would be a better word.

None of the movie made any sense. Its plot didn't line up at all with the books'.

I have Book the 13th now, and I'm going to start reading it in bed tonight.

Primarily a vehicle for Jim Carrey? Completely would be a better word.

None of the movie made any sense. Its plot didn't line up at all with the books'.

I have Book the 13th now, and I'm going to start reading it in bed tonight.

Um... It doesn't have to line up with the book to be an okay movie... Lots of movies based on books change things around to work better as a movie, or just because the director or producer wants to. I can't stand the so-called "book purists" that knock movies only because they aren't scripted word for word from a book. That's just stupid. The visuals in the movie were quite good and fun, and I think some of the actors were very good. Granted, it isn't my type of movie (and definitely not my type of book), but enjoyable, none the less. Much better movie than "Are We There Yet?" with Anthony Anderson.

-James Dillaman

I quite like the series as I was a Roald Dahl fan as a kid and this kind of reminds me of those

I saw the movie, quite enjoyed it. I've bought the first 7 books, downloaded the 8th to preview it, see if it was any good and then kinda lost interest... will probably buy the rest of the series at some stage. Does it consistently improve or does the quality drop off from a certain point?

Um... It doesn't have to line up with the book to be an okay movie... Lots of movies based on books change things around to work better as a movie, or just because the director or producer wants to. I can't stand the so-called "book purists" that knock movies only because they aren't scripted word for word from a book. That's just stupid. The visuals in the movie were quite good and fun, and I think some of the actors were very good. Granted, it isn't my type of movie (and definitely not my type of book), but enjoyable, none the less. Much better movie than "Are We There Yet?" with Anthony Anderson.

-James Dillaman

A movie based off of a book should probally follow the same storyline.Plus the book flowed much smoother than the movie.

I just got mine a little while ago, and I'm on Chapter 4 (not sure what page that is...) I think there's something in the coconut juice that makes everyone super-happy! And I thought it was HILARIOUS the way Friday totally turned down Olaf!

I've always liked the books since the librarian read the first one aloud to us back in Elementary School LOL

--Tyler "No more spoilers from me!" H.

*Almost* done. I'm reading Chapter 13 as I type.

EDIT: I just finished it.

The author does a great job of tying up loose ends.

The ending is just what I hoped it would be. I'm glad it's over, though. I was so sick of wondering whether or not the end would be happy.