TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's 2nd Annual Video Contest UPDATE!

Suh-weet, I've been chosen! And yes that is Mr. Slim-Jim himself "Macho Man" Randy Savage calling out Hulk Hogan on my video. Oh-YEAH!!!

I'm feeling you on the jet lag Robb, we took a late flight in Friday and I had to work a double-double sat and sun. 16 hour shifts kill with no sleep. Thank god there is a couch in the breakroom! ShieKra was sooo worth it though.

I'm going to check out the rest of the videos tomorrow. I'm still beat from last weekend.

-Don

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which one has the 12 year old guy done?

I like the Knotts video.

ERMMM - On the video's page

Click this link to download Connor Thompson's "Knott's Khristmas" Video Contest Entry

This cool little video set at Knott's Berry Farm during "Khristmas" comes to us from Connor, a 12-year old, up and coming

video editor! Keep that in mind when watching this video as it's quite a testament of what a young guy can do!

As always Bernhard Wimmer's clip does not disappoint.

The 'UK Parks Tour' clip is a medley of all the clips from each park, Bernard placed on his website last year.

There's some new footage too!

It's always nice to see clips of our UK parks

Which one has the 12 year old guy done?

I like the Knotts video.

ERMMM - On the video's page

Click this link to download Connor Thompson's "Knott's Khristmas" Video Contest Entry

This cool little video set at Knott's Berry Farm during "Khristmas" comes to us from Connor, a 12-year old, up and coming

video editor! Keep that in mind when watching this video as it's quite a testament of what a young guy can do!

I wanted to know what do you call the video. I know were the page is.

Yeah Bernhard Wimmer is very talented, the editing is excellent, as it is with all his videos.

I liked the Holiday Park video, but I hate that track, and it just seems way overused in coaster videos.

I LOVE the Holiday Park video. That sequence with the candy bar is just too funny! But, does anyone speak the language???? I want to know what the closing comment is all about.

BTW - I love that track! Even in spite of the fact its been done.

hell, i speak the language, and i still can't understand what he's on about. something about some woman in an elevator and some kind of american technology... maybe the guys who made the video can explain it to us.

i really liked that video, too. had the right mix of ride footage and personal fun, if you ask me.

the "fun" video had a great opening sequence with the map and everything, but i thought that one, as well as the "UK tour" video, was a little bit scattered in the sense that it had lots of clips from different parks all mixed together. it's like "wait, which coaster is at which park and in which country is that, anyways?" know what i mean? no throughline.

the universal studios video was well done. what a great song. where the heck did you find a track like that??? it's too bad that the universal parks in fl. are so popular. it's almost like "oh great, some more universal footage..."

the knott's video also gets special mention for the age of the editor. good job. i wish i was into making coaster videos when i was your age!

Yeah, I have to say that we have had an overwhelming amount of Florida entries this year!

We joked about it that last year we had *one* Florida video in the contest and this year there is like one every week!

I guess that just goes to show you how awesome Florida really is!

--Robb

Yeah, maybe next year Florida parks should get their own contest...

Of course if you do that, no one will enter one.

One of the biggest problems with the Universal parks is that there's only so many spots where you can (legally) get good shots of an attraction like, say, Dueling Dragons. You start to notice that the same angles pop up in almost every video (certainly not the fault of the videomaker - a good shot IS a good shot) because...well, that's really the only good angle available.

I'm surprised by the parks that I haven't seen as well. No one's done a strong WDW video yet (or it hasn't posted yet - if I'm forgetting one, it's purely that I forgot, not that I'm trying to talk smack about it!!!!!!).

I'd just like to sat that I did submit a SFOG video as well as mt USF one. I agree about the same angles available at IOA. The same ones showed up in my IOA vid as well. It was pretty much, "Heres that shot of Dragons everyone has-chack, oh heres that shot of hulk from across the lake-check."

Pretty much anybody can walk around the park and produce the same video that everybody else has. I try to up the insanity in these cases to make my stuff stand out.

-Don "I liked the SFOG video better, but I'm not a judge! " Garrison

^^ Yeah, but Don, your SFOG video didn't have your awesome Ron Howard ending! Had to made a video showing 3 minutes of grass growing, then that Ron Howard ending, we would have still chosen that one!!!

It's hard to pick which videos go up on the site. There are so many good ones, and this year, I think only a couple of people ended up getting more than one video entry through. Most of those were also people who submitted last year.

Anyway, the Ron Howard bit was a great capper for that video, which is why we chose it!

--Robb "And don't worry...there are MORE Florida videos still coming!" Alvey

Bernhard Wimmer's video wins it from this batch, in my opinion. It was a good blend of all the elements necessary for a good vid, as all his video seem to. Honorable mention go to "FUN!!!" and "Knott's Khristmas". The former lived up to it's name, it was a very entertaining video. The latter I probably would have given a thumbs up without knowing his age, so Kudos to you, Connor. A lot of good vids in the contest so far. Who will win? NO ONE KNOWS!

New videos have been added!!!!

Personally, you should check out "Best Movie Ever" for the 'shameless attempt at winning the contest.' And if you want to see a good coaster footage video, check out "Vertigo!"

All of this week's entries rock, download them, and post your thoughts!

http://www.themeparkreview.com/contest2005/contest2005.htm

--Robb

Hey Robb

I have a whole bunch of footage from Sea World if you ever want me to send it your way...

It may interest you to know that both of the parks 2 water rides were fully built in house by the park. The dark ride is actualy the 2nd incarnation using the same ride system. It was originaly themed as a flooded mine.

Cheers for putting my vid up.

Hey Robb

It may interest you to know that both of the parks 2 water rides were fully built in house by the park. The dark ride is actualy the 2nd incarnation using the same ride system. It was originaly themed as a flooded mine.

Cheers for putting my vid up.

I loved the Sea World video !

But how about that waterride completely made by the park...

I mean, here in Europe (in Movie Park Germany) we have the exact same waterride (even the same indoor theming as I saw on the video)!

Click

By the way, how is song called that is used in the Sea World vid?

I'm having trouble downloading some of the videos. I got the Sea World and the PKD one to work but the other ones start downloading and then a few seconds later it says download complete. When I open the file it says "file corrupted". Is anyone else having this problem?

Edit: Ok nevermind, I got it to work.

Yep the one at the park that was formaly Movie World Germany is a direct copy of the one at Sea World.

The park is pretty nifty when it comes to their water rides. There is a member at roller-coaster.com.au (not trying to plug the site, don't fret robb) that works at the park which has a great history on these rides.

They actualy knocked off the viking flume from an arrow design which they saw in the states donkeys years ago which had the price tag of about 1mil. Pretty sure they knocked ours up for about 200 grand!

Something I should have added is the Arrow Loop and Corckscrew the park has is probably the smoothest coaster I have ever ridden. That is not to say I've only ridden rough coasters elewhere this thing is surprisingly silky smooth. A big hats off to the parks maintenance dept. given the coaster is as old as me.

Still my favourite park, it's nothing AMAZING but as a package it's pretty much the perfect park.

I was way behind on these things, so I spent the bulk of yesterday downloading ALL the videos in this contest and watching them.

Out of all of them, the Sea World Australia video is the one that interested me the most, and it's mainly because of that Bermuda Triangle Alien Encounter ride. To me, a ride like that would do very well inside of a Disney Park. Great effects, interesting premise, and lots of water being splashed on you as a way to beat the heat.