TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's 2nd Annual Video Contest UPDATE!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, things are really looking up for the competition this year! those latest 5 videos are all great. i couldn't pick a fav out of any of them because they're all cool in their own special way. the intro to the floruba clip was original, although a little too long. i was like, "where's the video?". laughed a lot at the marchenpark clip and the wisconsin dells clip, (can't wait to make it back there in august!). i also don't understand why those kids can say texas sucks??? looks great to me. must have meant it sarcastic.

morgan "being a good sport and complimenting the possible competitors" obrien

i also don't understand why those kids can say texas sucks??? looks great to me. must have meant it sarcastic

Yep, that's what it was. That was my friend from CA when he came down last summer. He hates Texas (was his idea to get a shot of him saying it in front of a Texan flag), but seeing as SFOT is my home park, I don't. I love it, we've got some pretty awesome rides here. heck, SFFT is the best six flags park I've been to.

Maybe I'm weird, I don't know (wouldn't be the first time). I checked out all the vids available for 2005 so far. I like probably 3-4 of them right now.

The videos I loved from last year, and am hoping on submissions from, were videos like "Hope McArthur's Epcot video", "Thomas Owing's 'We Like To Party' Video" and the videos from the guys over at Wootah.com. I'm all about fun antics, hijinks and guys basically being silly. Something that gives the impression of 'this group would be awesome to hang out with at a park some day'. Rob and Elissa's videos come to mind in that regard too, as do the videos from Onride.

But...only 10 have been put up so far so I am sure with 30 more to go I'm bound to find a few that I'll love. 8)

Bahahaha!!! Floruba was hilarious! Who did the opening narration, you guys, or did you hire someone, or was it actually a sound clip from somewhere that just happened to fit (despite the odds)?

Great stuff. The vids have been absolutely crazy-solid. Will comment on the rest later.

I was honestly trying to avoid commenting on any videos, since I'm still up in the air on whether or not mine's going to make the cut (etc, etc).

But I just watched the 4th Dimension.

Holy crap. I was wondering when someone was going to go for a true narrative video, as opposed to music videos.

That's friggin' great stuff. Weird, twisted, and funny.

My video bows down to the 4th Dimension overlords.

4th Dimension Video.

Wow! :shock: Now that was a great exercise in Bizzare coaster videos. I loved it. Very creative and well put together.

Getting those shots among a normal crowd must have presented some challenges. Nice to see someone going out of the norm a little.

OMG! The 4th Dimension video is one of the weirdest/coolest things I've ever seen done involving coasters. That Goliath ride was hilarious, and the whole video was put together very well. I've downloaded about half of the videos, and this one has stood out from the rest just due to the creativity involved. Great job!

"It Came from the 4th Dimension" was just like those old twilight zone episodes. A bit scary but yet not convincing enough so it almost comes off as funny.

As good as parts have been (Floruba's great beginning for example) I have yet to see one video that matches your Stark Raven Mad 2002 video or the EPCOT one from last year. Those two own.

ride6

Only got a chance to watch 3 out of 5 of the new batch today, so I will withold judgement on the best one of the new batch until then ... I will say that the 4th dimension one was ... well ... odd, but in a good way.

There was almost too much Knott's footage in the Solace one.

Should it still be considered "Solace" weekend when there was more footage of dolphins than Knott's?

Another great batch of vid's. 4th dimension is totally odd and the scary guy reminds me of the clown in I.T :shock:. Can't wait for the next batch.

What song is used in the "Greg Spalding's UK Parks Video"? Its a pretty cool song.

I believe its a tune by the Stereophonic called Dakota