TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lethal Weapon Pursuit closed for good

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^Maybe it will become Vekomaland!

Honestly, I can't see any reason as to why they are removing this ride... It looked like fun, and with it being the best coaster at the park, they are definitely going to have less of a draw in the future. I mean, any other park would never take out their best coaster.

PGA took out their best coaster for a waterpark.

Ah, that's nice to see, especially the blueprints. And I didn't know Intamin used Son of Beast style track for their loops back then. Ah, only 11 years, what a waste

I think the loop structure might have been a Pinfari thing, I think this coaster was an Intamin built ride with input from Pinfari on the design, if I remember correctly.

Ah, that's nice to see, especially the blueprints. And I didn't know Intamin used Son of Beast style track for their loops back then. Ah, only 11 years, what a waste

I think the loop structure might have been a Pinfari thing, I think this coaster was an Intamin built ride with input from Pinfari on the design, if I remember correctly.

I'm not sure but don't think Pinfari did anything on Cop Car Chase/Leathal Weapon, maybe Intamin just build the same kind of loop as Indiana Jones becouse they hadn't invented the current kind of non-SoB-ish loop yet.

Indeed, Pinfari has nothing to do with either Indiana Jones or Lethal Weapon.

Disney wanted the Pinfari layout for Indiana Jones, Intamin took the contract, Stengel designed it (and patented the layout, haha) and Giovanola built it.

Lethal Weapon is Stengel-designed, Giovanola-built as well.

As for the looping, that is Stengel's box track, first used in Schwarzkopfs loopers.

• 2 weeks later...