TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lethal Weapon Pursuit closed for good

Also worth noting: the free fall (Intamin stand-up floorless) has been closed for about 4 months now. Lightning struck it...still not fixed the damage.

I can see the park removing that ride was well. Evil bastards.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^^Maybe it will become Vekomaland!

Honestly, I can't see any reason as to why they are removing this ride... It looked like fun, and with it being the best coaster at the park, they are definitely going to have less of a draw in the future. I mean, any other park would never take out their best coaster.

I only rode it the once and wasn't impressed. In fact I wasn't over fussed by any of the coasters in the park. Admittedly it was back when it was a Six Flags park so the rides may have improved.

I wonder if something exciting is afoot as I think this is the only park that Star Parks have kept. I seem to recall reading they wanted to keep this park as it's the one they felt they could invest in heavily. So perhaps we'll see some major new rides appearing on it's site.

I thought this ride was mediocre at best!

The cars and restraints are horrible. I dread to think that Monte Makaya runs/used to run with those things.

The ride was pretty bumpy, the layout didn´t really do much for me.

It was, however a nice touch when they used the burning car flying over the track just before the inline-roll, but that was scrapped pretty soon .

This is one of those Intamin rides that was actually built before they really got their act together. It was - like the Disney Indiana Jones-coaster in Paris - most likely built in comission by Pinfari.

You can see a clone of the Disney coaster here: http://rcdb.com/ig1051.htm?picture=1

Anyway, one question still remains: How can it happen, that a coaster is in a state of disrepair after only 10 years? This is happening in a country that prides itself with one of the highest security standards in the world and has the TÜV inspecting the rides every year? If it was in such a bad shape it should not have been running at all!

I rode/saw the coaster for the last time in 2001 and it looked bad back then! The transport tires were totally worn and the whole station looked battered (it could have been part of the dilapidated building theme, though)

Now I've seen pics of an Intamin and a Vekoma being scrapped, so now I want to see a B&M get scrapped as well since I've always wanted to see how their track is constructed inside. I think they may be two halves welded together, so if a B&M were scrapped, it would pop in half.

So, this ride looked fun but also looked like it was pretty ugly. Maybe dueling steel coasters will be popular again someday.

Demolition continued yesterday...

lwp5.jpg.71b7aa5257430b940ff1033d09cb6076.jpg

Nostalgia.

lwp4.jpg.92250d153b92bf9e98834972e04cecb9.jpg

Never experienced more hangtime than in these rolls.

lwp3.jpg.f688b33f28885825f44844dce9f14473.jpg

The buildings / towers are now being dismantled as well.

lwp2.jpg.e44899d265e2acd00081c2237ab0f4d3.jpg

Let's blame the ED-209 !

lwp1.jpg.2a338ef04401591868b7e77d794062cb.jpg

The outdoor queue continues to shrink...now the roof is being removed.

Since this ride is being scrapped, would it be possible to run the trains on the track to see what happens...I've always wanted to know what would happen if the cars flew off like in RCT "They may as well" I think, there's no real value in keeping the trains I think, since Intamin uses newer models.

Also worth noting: the free fall (Intamin stand-up floorless) has been closed for about 4 months now. Lightning struck it...still not fixed the damage.

I can see the park removing that ride was well. Evil bastards.

They have not even ordered the new motors--and it was not a lightening strike