TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Thorpe Park Fright Night

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been the last couple of years and it's been pretty good IMO. The only thing I have to compare it with is HHN at Universal and obviously it's nowhere near up to the same standards in terms of scale or execution (so to speak), but it's still a lot of fun. They clearly take the majority of the ideas from the example from the US parks.

Last year if I remember rightly there were two very good mazes and the Carnival of the Bizzare was surprisingly good, like an old fashioned freak show, with some pretty impressive, funny and disgusting stuff...not for the squemish.

I'd recommend going along, although I would advise not to actually go on Halloween, as the park will be ridiculously busy, better to hit a random unattractive weekday if you can, that way you won't have to spend hours queueing (the mazes tend to have queues of at least an hour on the busy nights). If you can't avoid a busy day, I believe you can buy fast passes for the mazes.

As the other posters have said, probably best not to expect anything on the same scale as a US park but go with an open mind and you'll have a great time.

coming from a guy who hasnt been anywhere near the USA, i loved last years fright nights!!

Hellgate was very good, made me jump a few times and possibly caused paranoia (i kept feeling like i was constantly being watched). they had some great hiding places and sme red herrings, confusing you even more. the dud with the meat cleaver (spelling?) was really scary when he rushed us from in front.

the rides were knocked up a couple of notches, so they were going great!

only on downfall: The Asylum's queue was dictated at 99mins, but it was much longer than that.

overall, i give it an 8/10