TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Jahan's Super Sweet October Trip-Trip Report!

Good evening folks, and welcome to Jahan’s Super Sweet October Trip-Trip Report!

That’s right—this October, I have decided to visit a coincidental 13 parks, during this every-exciting Halloween season! But no need for me to keep blabbering on…let us start with the first of 13 parks!

Table of Contents

Park 1: Six Flags Magic Mountain (Fright Fest)

Park 2: Universal Studios Hollywood (Halloween Horror Nights)

Park 3: Disney's Animal Kingdom

Park 4: Disney-MGM Studios and Illuminations

Park 5: Islands of Adventure

Park 6: Universal Studios Orlando (Halloween Horror Nights)

Park 7: Epcot

Park 8: The Magic Kingdom (MNSSHP)

Park 8 1/2: Cypress Gardens

Park 10: Busch Gardens Africa (Howl O Scream)

Bonus Photos!: Florida, Day 5, Park Hopping at WDW!

Park 11: Knott's Berry Farm (Halloween Haunt)

Park 12: Disney's California Adventure (Disney's HalloweenTime)

Park 13: Disneyland (Disney's HalloweenTime)

Park 1: Six Flags Magic Mountain

Fright Fest

Well, I got a call from TJ, saying he was driving home to the SCV for the weekend, and so we then decided to hit up Magic Mountain. We got there around 4:30, argued with security about me bringing in a tripod, and then went straight for our free FlashPasses. I had totally not realized this, but we get both the FlashPasses AND the FrightPasses (for the mazes) for free with the Xtreme Playpass. What a pleasant surprise!

Isn’t it beautiful. This meant no waits all night long.

After I took me some update shots of the Orient Express (which is still closed, but is looking beautiful), we cut through Revy’s exit, and hit up Tatsu, of course.

Why did this ride have to be so damn photogenic!

Of course, it wouldn’t be Tatsu without a 30 minute FlashPass wait!

Yea…Tatsu operations still suck major dragon balls. But on the bright side, they were actually running 3-train, 2-station operation, and have made some necessary lead-changes at the ride. I hope we have seen the ride hit rock-bottom, as it can only get better. Can it? Please tell me it can! Anyway, Tatsu was uber-fun, as always (I even saw a Razr phone fall out of someone’s pocket, on the pretzel!).

After Tatsu, we headed up towards Ninja. At this time, it was about 5:25. There was a sign outside of the maze “Willoughby’s Mansion”, saying it would open at 5:30. “Sweet!” we thought, so we hopped in the FrightPass line and waited…..

…..and waited some more…..

……and then waited some more…..

…..yea, we’re still waiting…..

TJ’s getting impatient. Truth be told, I was a bit more impatient.

FINALLY at 6:05, they decided to actually open the damn maze! Lucky for us, they didn’t yet have a “splitter”, so we effectively cut infront of everybody in line, without having to give up any FrightPass tickets. Score!

This “Willoughby” character is one messed up dude!

The maze was all and all “ok”. I have only been it once before and yet I totally remembered where everything was. I think its time SFMM had an update! Well…other than my updates. Heh.

Not funny?

Ok, lets continue then.

We both left the maze feeling rather confused.

Huh?

I don’t know if it was that we were baffled by what we just saw, or if we were amused by how long we waited for that random house of bore, but either way, we put it behind us.

After the maze, we headed down the hill. I wanted to check out Freefall, while there was still sunlight. After all, it was rumored to be open and all.

…much to one Jew’s disappointment, it wasn’t.

Don’t worry Joey…I know a hotline you can call.

While we were over there, we heard somebody at Riddler’s hit a “ride stop”, effectively shutting down the ride. Somebody’s got some esplaining to do!

Well, it was still light out, so we thought we’d kill time by grabbing some grub at Eduardo’s Grill. Sure, my Chicken Ranchero Burrito tasted more like chicken noodle soup, but at least I got it right away!

Eating it, I kept being reminded of those lame-ass chickens, in the Foster Farms commercials.

Anyway, after I had scarfed down my chicken-noodle-soup-burrito, we decided to hit up Colossus backwards. By this point, it was starting to get dark, so we stopped yet again to catch the end of the “Road Kill Kitchen” show.

Yea…it really gets lamer with each year.

Some of these are actually pretty funny! Although, I wouldn’t be surprised if Six Flags is being serious on this one.

OMGF!!!.... *drools*

Both sides were open! There is a God! That’s right folks, the left side was cycling 2 trains backwards as the right side cycled one forwards. And if the dispatches ever neared one another, they would actually race them! I was so giddy I had a joygasm! Unfortunately with my luck, as soon as we got in line, the ride broke down. *sigh*

Why exactly is it broken down right now?

Hahaha! Some dude’s restraint wont open!

We decided to leave, and come back later. It was then that we ran into the “Procession of the Dead” parade. It was actually alright. Nothing special though.

Hearse #1…its not old yet.

This guy tried to scare me, so I flashed the camera, effectively blinding him for the next 30 seconds. Didn’t see THAT one coming, did you!

Hearse #2, driven by some Mark Twain impersonator or something.

This was similar to the “Chainsaw Drill Team” idea…just they couldn’t afford chainsaws, so they used shovels…lol.

Hearse #3…more overkill than the crappy Road Kill Kitchen show!

Next, we used the FrightPasses to skip to the front of the Brutal Planet line.

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

This maze always has the longest lines, and yet its always so disappointing to me! You just zig-zag back and forth, staring at the same aging scenery, watching effects reset themselves, and confusing the scare-actors with the “event staff” people, who look like they just got out of jail themselves!

Me, totally confused, after two employees walked up to ME, and asked ME where the nearest bathroom was! Employees!

After Lame-o Planet, we decided to see if they had gotten Colossus back up and running yet. Our quest had been fulfilled, as it was.

This is going to be painful!

Ouch! …and this is just the lift hill!

Oh CRAP!

Real men can cry…as their manhood is being pounded into jelly.

Actually, in all honesty, the ride wasn’t that bumpy! I personally preferred it to my forwards ride on it, a week earlier! I was pleasantly surprised! Although, I definitely couldn’t last 45 minutes to an hour on it, let alone 13 consecutive hours! My prayers go to the testicles of whoever is participating. May they not be squished into Knuts Berry Farm Jam.

I was also pleasantly surprised at the fairly efficient Colossus crew. They were loading and cycling a good 3-4 trains in the time it would take the Tatsu crew to do one!

LOL…they just taped off the row where the guy got stuck!

Dude! It’s the same guy that does the park opening show!

…actually, I’m pretty sure that it involved getting hit by a car.

Next up, it was time to use our FrightPasses on Carnage E. Hall!

Oooooh….spooky.

You know, of all of the mazes that SFMM offers, I personally most like this one…Carnage E. Hall. It’s the same exact thing they do every year, but the mere fact that it actually involves a plot line, characters, and rather in-depth (for SFMM) show effects, makes it a rather fresh and fun experience, every time I go in it.

Thumbs up for Carnage E. Hall, while we grab a quick ride on Goliath!

Lets just say my pants weren’t clean after letting that one rip!

After a rather quick ride on Goliath (it seems that they havn’t yet forgotten me at SFMM ), we headed out towards the Jokester’s Hideout 3D maze.

This maze needs some desparate TLC.

The timing was much better than last year, but I cant say that the maze impressed me, only by the fact that it is beginning to show its age. The SFX are pretty weak and that little pneumatic clown didn’t even pop out at the end! The box opened up and everything, but the little clown (which is supposed to slowly rise up) was nowhere to be found. The whole room was all “WTF?!…mate.”

Anyway, now that we had made it to the front of the park, we were unsure of what next to do, but we decided to make another round, and hit whatever we missed.

What the hell!...I thought they were supposed to shut off the lights! Maybe they realized that nobody gives a crap!

LOL…I’m totally digging the “thanks”.

Time to take a stroll through the new and improved Monster Alley

See! I love DaWomen, and the women love me. I feel we would make a real awesome couple. And I feel like Stephen Colbert in this pic! ….. “See, and here’s a picture of me with my dead friend.”

Finally, we had made it over to Tidal Wave, for our last maze, Deadman’s Bog.

Which was pretty dead tonight…less than a 5 minute wait.

For those of you who don’t know, this maze is simply Tidal Wave’s queue, with camo-mesh over it and random scare-actors. I will admit that it was better executed than last year, however…TJ and I had a full blown conversation as we walked through it. Just goes to show how scary a queue line can be. Yea, this one can get a big “LAME” stamp too.

Wow…“Thunderbumpers” a.k.a. Sandblasters hasn’t seen this many fans since…well, since I operated it!

This is the lead member for “Bang”, a self proclaimed “punk-Rock STOMP” band. Yea…he looks pretty weirded out in this pic. If I knew more about drugs, I’d totally crack a drugs joke here….but I wont.

Anyway, that was pretty much it. After a stroll through Gotham City, we were pretty much all “now what?”, and just decided to leave. We had our fix.

All and all, I had a fairly good time at SFMM tonight. I was rather pleased. Perhaps just because its something “different”, compared to the other 11 months of the year. Nice to get “different” when I go so often. The mazes could use a lot of TLC and perhaps a whole re-do all together, but whenever I’m in doubt, I just remind myself that Fright Fest is a FREE event provided in your cost of admission, and I tend to go a bit easier on the park. I will say, however, that without “Bloodsaw Falls” or whatever the Log Jammer layover was, Fright Fest didn’t feel “complete”. Perhaps that’s why we left feeling so unsatisfied.

This cop car in the parking lot was playing the theme to “Halloween”. I’m glad even the authorities are joining in on the festivities!

Welp folks, that’s it!

Yes folks, the caption said it—that’s it! Thanks for reading my first installment of Jahan’s Super Sweet October Trip-Trip Report! Check in later for further additions.

Feel free to add your questions, comments, concerns, and as always, praise.

-Jahan

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't seem that bad...

Anyway, are they doing the blood river/flume/rapids ride at any Six Flags park this year? I don't believe SFGAm is doing it, but they've done it every year prior to this on Roaring Rapids. Anyone know more?

Nice TR! Your TR's are always a fun and enjoyable read.

This guy tried to scare me, so I flashed the camera, effectively blinding him for the next 30 seconds. Didn’t see THAT one coming, did you!

A scarecrow dude at BGE's Howl-o-Scream chewed me out for taking a flash picture of him outisde the queue for Sleepless Hollow Manor. Some of those ghouls can be a bit testy, but, hey, he wasn't inside a maze, so he was fair game, as far as I was concerned.

Thanks for the pics.

awsome TR.

I dont think they're doing "bloodsaw falls" this year at magic mountain. Last time i went, all the water was drained out of the flume part and sections of it were missing.

It has nothing to do with Log Jammer itself. The ride was open last Sunday when I was there.

MAn ijust missed you about 6 min. Im the other headless guy and my brake was at 6-6:30, so I basicly missed you. Wish they opened on time.

Hmmm Riddlers must of been e-stoped twice, While I was waiting for batman I saw Riddlers on the lift at the top

A scarecrow dude at BGE's Howl-o-Scream chewed me out for taking a flash picture of him outisde the queue for Sleepless Hollow Manor. Some of those ghouls can be a bit testy, but, hey, he wasn't inside a maze, so he was fair game, as far as I was concerned.

Thanks for the pics.

Dude this guy tried to steal my head and had a little tug of war with him and won. I basicly yelled LET GO at him. Wanted to punch him. People just keep touching me

How does it feel to be a stupid guest?

Nice TR. Everytime I go to Fright Fest I always think of it as so-so to good. Which when you think about it, is pretty damn good considering its done by Six Flags free of charge. What esle does Six Flags do that actually turns out so-so to good when its free. Yesterday I saw a few Fright Fest workers, and really there's nothing there that you can't get at your basic Halloween shop...but then again I have to remind myself that its a free service.

BTW- Awesome tombstone picture!

_six

Awesome trip report!

What other parks are you visiting this October? Are you going to make it to SFMW? I hope that I will be able to make it to SFMW on an upcoming Sunday, I really want to try out the new house that they have this year. I also really like the Brutal Planet at SFMW, even thoguh it is really random, it always provides me with some good scares.

Great Photo TR!

Thanks for the report, looks like fun. Need to get down there, haven't done SFMM's FF in years.

Anyway, are they doing the blood river/flume/rapids ride at any Six Flags park this year? I don't believe SFGAm is doing it, but they've done it every year prior to this on Roaring Rapids. Anyone know more?

This will be the first year for SFMW's Monsoon Falls Posessed! (maybe that's where Log Jammers efx went):

ROAR, MONSOON FALLS AND MORE – POSESSED!

A Fright Fest exclusive! Take a spin on some of your favorite Six Flags Marine World attractions as they’re transformed into a totally new riding experience with strobe lights, fog and other spooky effects.

^ Jesus Christ! I was trying to take a picture of the parade, and he jumped in my face, and I fabricated a cheesy caption in an attempt to yeild a tad of laughter from the situation.

No need to be such a serious turd about it!

Anyway, thanks to everyone who posted! Much appreciated! Well...everyone except for Elissa, who discriminates against Photobucket.

And CD, I'm afraid I wont make it to SFMW this year. Maybe next year, for sure.

-Jahan

^ Jesus Christ! I was trying to take a picture of the parade, and he jumped in my face, and I fabricated a cheesy caption in an attempt to yeild a tad of laughter from the situation.

No need to be such a serious turd about it!

DOn't worry about it. I doubt any of the guests around you cared. Sure the actor might have been a little upset, but who cares about them anyways? They're there for your amusement. And when all is said and done, they still go home with a pay check