TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

drop rides!

Mmhmm. Since I haven't ever been on any drop rides other than S&S Space Shot and Turbo Drops, I want to ask u guys what kinds u like best. Intamin Tilting Floorless Gyro-drops? Intamin Standing Gyro-Drops? Itamin 'racing' drops? S&S Towers? HUSS drops?

For anyone who's been on Apocalypse, what's the best ride style there? And who has ridden an S&S Combo tower like Scream! at SF New England that can tell me what it does? JW.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And who has ridden an S&S Combo tower like Scream! at SF New England that can tell me what it does? JW.

I believe it launches you like a Space Shot and then holds you at the top like a Turbo Drop and then drops you like a Turbo Drop.

I never really use to like drop rides that much, but in 04' I went on a crzy trip and rode very dropride at every park I went to (except Hellevator at Kentucky Kingdom which was closed)

The old Intamin ones are even enjoyable for me, not only the 1st gen. but the ones like Drop Zone but have multiple sides, I really liked Dungeon Drop at Astroworld.

I also really enjoy Tower of Terror, Scream! at Fiesta Texas, Superman Tower of Power, Drop Zone at King's Island, Power Tower, and even some of the smaller Space Shots. Dr. Doom is also fun, but its very short... I think it use to be a double shot? Not really sure though.

-Justin

And who has ridden an S&S Combo tower like Scream! at SF New England that can tell me what it does? JW.

I believe it launches you like a Space Shot and then holds you at the top like a Turbo Drop and then drops you like a Turbo Drop.

Not all the time. It has Combo, Space Shot, and Turbo Drop modes. If you are lucky, both towers (it has three but one of them never operates) will be running Combo. If they arn't you're screwed. I haven't rode the Turbo Drop mode, but the Space Shot mode is like 200 foot tall kiddie ride

For me it would be Mystery Castle in Phantasialand and Scream in Heidepark.

(i live in Europe so )

I've done several intamin launch and shot down towers but thats just not it for me.

Scream is a Intamin Gyrotower with a very exiting music and theming.

It gets better and better when youre going up with some thrill building audio behind your seat.

Mystery Castle is a one of a kind Intamin tower witch is enclosed in a castle tower.

There is a creepy waiting qeue and some live actors thats scares the hell out of you when walking trough it.

Once you get to the tower there are six benches that are mounted to the outside of the tower.

This gives you a view to other riders when going up.

The tower has several programs so make sure that you go there when its less crowds.

The tower has audio as wel behind the seats and up in the tower.

It can shoot you up but also can shoot you down so it depends on the program that you get.

^ Yeah Mystery Castle at Phantasialand for me to! Great ride! I only rode it once becouse of the crowds, but it was one hell of a ride! (my program: got shot up, stopped at the top, got some music & light effects, and then fell down again). I dindn't know there was more then one program thow.

The problem that day was that only 2 of 6 cars were working, the other 4 where being fixed, so that way the line was really long. What was also fun was that we flew by a bunch of people a couple of times who where working on the ride in the middle of the tower.

^ Yeah Mystery Castle at Phantasialand for me to! Great ride! I only rode it once becouse of the crowds, but it was one hell of a ride! (my program: got shot up, stopped at the top, got some music & light effects, and then fell down again). I dindn't know there was more then one program thow.

The problem that day was that only 2 of 6 cars were working, the other 4 where being fixed, so that way the line was really long. What was also fun was that we flew by a bunch of people a couple of times who where working on the ride in the middle of the tower.

The controll tower is in the middle but that isn't high.

Don;t know how you can fly by people in the middle then ???

My favorite program is the one i got yesterday again:

Shot to the half of the tower, then slowly go down with the loud voice of the professor that tells you to look up.

The when your down a loud noice is provided up in the tower and then your shot up in the tower to stick there a few seconds.

And then the shot down with a small bungee after it to end the ride.

The controll tower is in the middle but that isn't high.

Don;t know how you can fly by people in the middle then ???

My favorite program is the one i got yesterday again:

Shot to the half of the tower, then slowly go down with the loud voice of the professor that tells you to look up.

The when your down a loud noice is provided up in the tower and then your shot up in the tower to stick there a few seconds.

And then the shot down with a small bungee after it to end the ride.

I ment in the middle as in half up the tower, they were standing in some sort of maintenance car hanging by cables, they where there looking at the track and doing maintenance stuff i guess.

My favorite drop ride ever is WDW's Tower Of Terror because of its stunning detail and story, but the most thrilling as far as ride experience IMO is PKD and PKI's drop zone gyro drops. If you're even slightly scared of heights, like myself, the anxiety is a whole new experience.

My favorite tower ride is also Tower Of Terror because of the detail and the story. But it's the one at DCA.

But the most thrilling ride is Hurakan Condor @ PortAventura. I've done the floorless, stand-up, tilting version which was really great.

Other tower rides i have done are:

Intamin:

* Scream - Heidepark (Gyrodrop)

* Wild Bunch/High Fall - MBMWG / MPG (Gyrodrop)

* Mystery Castle - Phantasialand (Bungee Drop indoor)

* Drop Zone Stunt Tower - PGA (Giant Drop)

S&S:

* Space Shot - Walibi World (Space Shot)

* Big Shot - Stratosphere Tower Las Vegas (Space Shot)

* Maliboomer - DCA (Space Shot)

* Supreme Scream - KBF (Turbo Drop)

Maurer Soehne:

* Power Tower 2 (Xtended Power Tower)

Chance-Morgan:

* SlingShot - Adventuredome Las Vegas (Chance Slingshot)

Mine will have to be Fabbari drop towers like the one at Thorpepark Detonator, They have pistons at the top that launches you down to 5.5 gs i love it !

Ow yeah i forgot about that one, that was one hell of a drop! Its a small tower so i didn't expect it to be so intens! The capacity is low but the ride ops where running around like crazy to load and unload as fas as humanly possible, talk about efficiency!

Thow i still think Mystery Castle is better (theming and all), i must say this one comes close.

^Let me quote 2 posts in this thread:

For me it would be Mystery Castle in Phantasialand and Scream in Heidepark.

(i live in Europe so )

I've done several intamin launch and shot down towers but thats just not it for me.

Scream is a Intamin Gyrotower with a very exiting music and theming.

It gets better and better when youre going up with some thrill building audio behind your seat.

Mystery Castle is a one of a kind Intamin tower witch is enclosed in a castle tower.

There is a creepy waiting qeue and some live actors thats scares the hell out of you when walking trough it.

Once you get to the tower there are six benches that are mounted to the outside of the tower.

This gives you a view to other riders when going up.

The tower has several programs so make sure that you go there when its less crowds.

The tower has audio as wel behind the seats and up in the tower.

It can shoot you up but also can shoot you down so it depends on the program that you get.

Lol