TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Transit stuff . . .

jumbach

Hi everyone,

I've posted this in my own journal, but thought I'd go here as well:

Anybody else collect transit timetables, maps, flyers, etc.? I've got box after box of stuff I've collected over the years; sadly, most of it will have to go bye-bye in preparation for my upcoming marriage.

Since I can't bear to just throw my beloved transit collection away, I'm offering portions of my collection free to good homes. Just let me know, and I'll whip up about 3-4 lbs worth of stuff for you. Requests for particular things will be accepted, but not guaranteed.

(Most of the systems are ones I've actually ridden; others are things I've bought/traded for.)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another transit fan, eh? I used to collect timetables from the old RTD system in L.A. where I grew up, but I no longer do. I'm still interested in transit issues, though.

Eric

It was a stretch, but I figured if someone can go all over the country riding coasters, maybe there's somebody else like me who does it with buses and trains.

I rode the LACMTA a few years ago; in fact, I got a special tour of the Red Line Hollywood extension before it opened. It was a lot of fun to go mucking around in the tunnel two years before opening. LACMTA, MetroLink, and Culver CityBus are the only L.A. Co. systems I've ridden.

BTW, my soon-to-be-Wifey likes my transit-geekiness and wants me to continue. I just have to offload the scheds because, well, there are two of us now, and some stuff has to go.

^ You're very lucky that your wife supports your interest. Mine thinks my interest in this is stupid.

It would have been cool to be able to check out a subway tunnel before it opened. Glad you had the chance.

There isn't much transit-wise up here in Ventura County, so I get down to L.A. to ride the Metro trains whenever I can.

Eric