TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Breaking news! Vekoma discovers.....

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About time... even though the only SLC I've been on (Hangman at Wild Adventures) was fairly smooth, I'd like to ride it without the OTSR's. Hopefully they'll go and do this with their Boomerang coasters as well as all their other Sit Down coasters.

Doubt they'd put these on the Giant Inverted Boomerang coasters due to the Vertical lifts.

About time... even though the only SLC I've been on (Hangman at Wild Adventures) was fairly smooth, I'd like to ride it without the OTSR's. Hopefully they'll go and do this with their Boomerang coasters as well as all their other Sit Down coasters.

Doubt they'd put these on the Giant Inverted Boomerang coasters due to the Vertical lifts.

I doubt that they're going to put the lapbar trains on SLCs, but they are developing vest-like OSTRs that aren't so intrusive. So you won't get total freedom, but you will get somewhat stealthier restraints.

^

Wow i must have missed that picture, the OTSR looks cool! They could really make the ride feel a bit smoother. It looks like it'll be like the restraints on the Vekoma Flying Coasters, can anybody here tell me how the Flying Vekoma's restraints feel?

It seems like B&M and Intamin are going to have some serious competition.

NEVER WILL VEKOMA come close to intamin or B&M NEVER say this again (especially in front of elissa)

Maybe you are right although I have been on a few Vekoma's that beat a couple B&M coasters. Ninja(SFOG) alot better than Kumba in my opinion.

Maybe you are right although I have been on a few Vekoma's that beat a couple B&M coasters. Ninja(SFOG) alot better than Kumba in my opinion.

In this case your opinion is wrong. No vekoma in existance is better then Kumba. Especially that one.

Why is the wheel design in the pictures an outside-the-track wheel design? Is Vekoma completely revamping?

Almost all of their smooth coasters have an outside-the-track wheel design, they must have realized that so now they will probarly build most of their new coasters in this way.