TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Any one seen the new Blue Man Group Rock Tour?

Hey, I was just wondering what to expect from this show. It's in Cincinnati this Sunday and I'm taking my fiancé. I've seen the Complex Rock Tour show and the Vegas venetian stage show. Has anybody by chance seen this tour and is it really taht different from the stage show and the Complex tour?

-James Dillaman

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen the Blue Man Group or the Blue Man Group Rock Tour in person. I have been wanting to see them in person for about 5 years! I was thinking about going to their show at the Gwinnett Arena in November but I decided not to spend the money for tickets. However, I will probably be at the arena the night of the show but I won't be watching the concert.

Have fun at the show and please post a Photo TR!

I haven't seen the Blue Man Group or the Blue Man Group Rock Tour in person. I have been wanting to see them in person for about 5 years! I was thinking about going to their show at the Gwinnett Arena in November but I decided not to spend the money for tickets. However, I will probably be at the arena the night of the show but I won't be watching the concert.

Have fun at the show and please post a Photo TR!

Would love to, but I am not a rulebreaker. This is true at theme parks, and at concerts. The tickets clearly say no photography of any kind, so no photo TR. Sorry.

-James "Will post a review, however " Dillaman

^ You saw the rock megstar tour?!? Dude, what's it like, I've only seen the Complex tour available on DVD, not even the stage shows were out on DVD when i last looked.

-James Dillaman

My bad. I saw the "The Complex Rock Tour" on DVD. I thought it was the new one. Sorry.

Or it might even be the same thing? I saw a promo for it at the anahiem pond and they used footage from that DVD. Now it could be because the show is similar, or its the same show with some tweaking at least.

I've seen them at the Brair Street theatre in Chicago 3 times and loved it. I also have tickets to see the How To Be A Megastar Tour for Oct. 19th at the U of I Assembly Hall. It's one of my birthday presents and I can't wait!

I'm totally gonna wear my Blue Man Group shirt!

Laura "Yeah, I'm that person" Huls

I'm in love with Blue Man Group. As a drummer, how can I NOT be? I own both CDs (and listen to them frequently) have seen the show in Chicago several times, and performed last year at our annual "extravaganza" band concert with two friends the "Drumbone" song complete with blue outfits and the drumbone itself.

Gotta see this tour, gotta see it.

^ You saw the rock megstar tour?!? Dude, what's it like, I've only seen the Complex tour available on DVD, not even the stage shows were out on DVD when i last looked.

-James Dillaman

My bad. I saw the "The Complex Rock Tour" on DVD. I thought it was the new one. Sorry.

Or it might even be the same thing? I saw a promo for it at the anahiem pond and they used footage from that DVD. Now it could be because the show is similar, or its the same show with some tweaking at least.

Well Julia and I are leaving in about an hour to go downtown. I'll report here how similar this tour is to the complex tour, for anyone intrerested. Hopefully we can find a place to park, what with Tall Stacks going on and everything...

-James Dillaman

This tour was amazing! All the classics from the Complex Tour with some added stuff. A funny piece on global warming ("In the event of the icecaps metling during the show, your seat cushion may be used as a floatation device."), and the highlight of the evening for Julia and I was probably the surprising talent of Tracy Bonham. Her opening act was amazing. The Blue Man Band, as always, were impeccable both rhythmically and musically. They know how to rock! Jumping everywhere, and a great lead guitar solo, while decked out in spandex and sequins! This tour is a must-see for anyone who's ever seen the stage show or the complex tour, as it combines the elements from both. The painting and the TV-head thing is brought in from the stage show, and all the great songs from the complex tour are there as well. GO SEE THIS TOUR if it comes anywhere remotely near you. I gurantee it is well worth it.

-James Dillaman

Would love to, but I am not a rulebreaker. This is true at theme parks, and at concerts. The tickets clearly say no photography of any kind, so no photo TR. Sorry.

That sucks!

If you sign up for Mobkaster you can take pictures with your phone, along with they send you txt messages that go along with the show:

http://www.howtobeamegastar.com/mobkastr.php

I saw Blue Man Group in Chicago and i LOVED it, probably the best concert i have been too. The ending was the best part of any show anywhere, if you have seen it you know what im talking about but i dont want to give it away for thoes who havent.

• 2 weeks later...
I saw Blue Man Group in Chicago and i LOVED it, probably the best concert i have been too. The ending was the best part of any show anywhere, if you have seen it you know what im talking about but i dont want to give it away for thoes who havent.

OMFG! THE ENDING IS AMAZING! I've seen them in Chicago 3 different times and that finale is so much fun everytime! The first time I saw them there I was on a high school class trip and all of us went nuts!

I'm can't wait to see them at the University of Illinois Assembly Hall tomorrow night!