TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official LOST Discussion Thread

obeygiant

Naomi did tell Miles, there are dead people "living" on the island.

Daniel's back which didn't surprise me.

The thing that still pisses me off is that the trailers are so misleading. Last week's trailer implied that Marvin Candle told Miles never to return to the island.

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurley has always been a character that's easy to like. Daniel coming back seemed inevitable, and it's probably a good thing that we have an expert on time travel back to hopefully offer some explanations. We get a nice back story on Miles and that's great, but what I don't care for is how long it's taken to get so many of these character back stories, and how unclear it is as to what they actually have to do with each other.

Some of the characters whose back stories were told long ago have now essentially disappeared from the overall story. Among the more notable (at least to me) would be Locke's dad. Yeah, I know Sawyer killed him, but death doesn't seem to preclude anyone from popping back into the story at any time. We also still have Walt and Michael floating around who-knows-where. Claire has been largely ignored for a while now, as have Bernard and Rose, Anna Lucia, Charlie, and many other characters that just aren't popping into my mind at the moment. All those characters had their back stories told in such a way that we could make an emotional investment in the character, only to have them put up on a shelf.

The problem that I see them running into to is: There will be far too many intertwined stories to wrap up before this show ends its run. That being the likely case, why did they waste our time by elaborating on people that, in the end, won't be able to be included in any finality of the show simply due to the excessive number of characters involved? Unless, maybe, they have some great unifying storyline, I can't help but think that the ultimate ending is going to be a let down.

^

Hey, ya can't please everybody, hmm?

Garlic mayo - mmmmm.

And I wonder if the writers are going to give Hurley more iconic not-yet-made (in their timeline) movie references in any future eps?

The Matrix, or Lord of the Rings, perhaps?

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt that Daniel is dead. If Richard could magically heal young Ben, then what's to stop him from healing Daniel? But yes, I agree the poor dude is under some serious stress from mother issues.

Does the character Eloise remind anyone else of the portrayal of Roger Waters' mother from the Pink Floyd movie, "The Wall"?

^

I agree, that could happen with Daniel.

Good old Richard, lol.

Edit to add, that the smoke monster could be part of it/the healing process, too.

Daniel is not dead. I think Kate and Jack are reading his journal (which was on his person) when he got shot.

I don't see how they would get the journal off of Daniel's dead body, I'm sure the others would keep it.

I really enjoyed Daniels character on LOST. But, I do believe he is gone for good. After he was shot in the chest he certainly looked dead. (not justed wounded like young Ben)

Also, when Daniels mom slapped Widmore, and talks about the sacrifice she made.

I wish he wasn't dead, but I'll be very surprised if he's still alive. The show has never flinched at killing off the cast.

^

You're forgetting something, Locke should have died many times but is still living, Ben probably should have died by now and Richard lives forever. And Mikhael came back from several deaths. If the island doesn't want him dead, he is still alive. Remember, Michael wasn't allowed to die until the boat exploded.

^ It's really not even clear that Michael, as a character, is "dead"--since Christian speaks to him just before the explosion and tells him, "You can go now." (Which can be interpreted at least two different ways.)

However, considering the bad mouthing the actor who plays that character has engaged in against the producers, I doubt he'll be back.

^^

That actor's already in a new tv series, The Unusuals.

So good luck to him with that.

As for the character of Daniel... who knows? Anything is possible (now) with this island, yes? No?

Last nights episode was awesome, I can't wait to see what happens in the season finale.

I kept wondering when last night's episode was over - how the heck were they going to do next week's Finale? It looked like it was becoming so much to cover, now. Amazing...

Obviously, they got off the sub, judging by the preview, but....? And it looks like for now, it's between 2007 and 1977, lol.

I'm also wondering if they'll ever go back to some of the original minor characters that got split up from the leads, etc. when the time-flashes, happened "three years ago"?

But for now... Can - not - wait - till - next - week.

A co-worker is hosting a party tomorrow that I will be attending.

Everyone needs to bring a LOST snack/entree/drink tied in to a character. I'm bringing dessert, "Ices" in recognition of the polar bears.

We are also contemplating have each person pick a name and the whole evening they have to act and speak in the persona of the character they pick.

The LOST fans among my circle of friends have started to figure out which characters we'd all be, and oddly enough each one of us matches up to one of the (relatively) major characters. Apparently I'm a healthy mix between Faraday and Ben.

// Is one part time-travelling physicist, one part conniving bastard

So I just got caught up in anticipation for the finale tonight! I had missed all episodes since April 15th.

Some interesting stuff for sure!

- I feel that Daniel is dead.

- Daniel's mom is bad.

- I'm starting to not like Locke again since he's getting all crazy.

- Sayid is still hot.

- So over the Sawyer and Juliet thing...loved the reactions when Kate got on the sub!

- Miles and Chang stuff was pretty awesome.

- Love this show!!!!