TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official LOST Discussion Thread

obeygiant

I'll admit that last nights episode was just okay for me. (Of course I kinda felt that way last season too) But I think it's more my frustration at not knowing where things are going and the questions I want answered not being even touched upon. Watching last seasons opener again on DVD, I enjoyed it much more. I have a feeling I'll look back on this episode the same way.

I was a little disappointed on the whole "Island of Dr. Moreu" feel that the Others camp seems to have. Although I'm hoping this is a distraction to make us forget their actual "home" we saw at the very begining.

We'll see what happens next week. It looks like we go back to see what's become of everyone else. Can't wait.

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the whole zoo thing freaked me out a bit... is that where the polar bear came from?

Never even thought about that.

Best part of last night's episode, of course, was the first few minutes or so. I think I went slack-jawed for the whole commercial break.

I thought it was amazing!!! My life is back now!!

The opening sequence by far was better than I expected (Ethan and Goodwin, lists ) We finally have a new station, the Hydra! And an underwater hatch...But, why are the others going to force Kate and Sawyer to work..and what will they be doing??

But, we still have to wait 2 weeks before we find out what happened in the hatch...

For me the show isn't as much about the characters. I know that they spend all this time developing intricate characters, but I am more concerned with what happens on the island. If the flashbacks don't have any direct relation (and I am sure that they will eventually) to the island then I just kind of coast through them.

I like the Jin/Sun relationship. It is probably one of the more complex on the island if you think about it. Of course .... except for the fact that she is a whore.

My favourite part of last night's episode:

"You really expect me to work in this dress?"

"Well, unless you want to take it off."

*Sawyer looks, grins, loses grin and turns back*

"...How dare you?"

Admittedly this is kind of a slow start to the season. I just hope we can get some good info/cliffhangers before the 6-episode cutoff.

LOST was amazing last night (minus the flashbacks)...The ending was the best. I was literally on the floor when Benjamin Linus ( ) started saying how Bush was elected and Red Sox won (like LOST is actually real and all of this is actually happening)... And "I will take you home"...I think Jack is going to have to operate on Colleen to save her life.

But, next week..LOCKE IS BACK!

It is going to be such an amazing episode (locke blowing fire, eko being dragged my something). And did I hear a polar bear in the preview?!

IMO the best flasback was the episode last season where Claire was in the hatch with Ethan. It yet again created more mysteries and questions which is what I love about Lost. I haven't watched episode 2 yet, but I thought the first was a bit slow, although the first scene was like the best thing ever.

For non USA residents, you can download episodes in 6 bite-size chunks at http://www.watchlost.com although you have to register, but it's worth it even if the quality isn't good, which is to be expected really. Enjoy!

Ahhh, every time i watch the show i decide im going to stop watching, then at the end theres a twist and i think somthing might happen the next show. BUT NO, all we get is more freeking flashbacks! darn writers, just let me know what the heck they are doing on the island!!!!

^But, the whole point of Lost is that you don't know whats going on. That's why it's fun to watch.. to theorize about what's going on and what will happen (eventhough you're usually wrong because the writers are smarter than that and the answer is always something unpredictable)...Like, next weeks episode could feature polar bears..or it could feature the monster, who knows (until Wednesday ) Or what does Ben want Jack to do that'll give him a ticket off the island?? Again who knows...

Okay, after last night's episode I just have to say something. What the hell is going on with the writing this year?!

Last night's episode was terrible. Absolutely nothing in the episode developed any of the existing storylines. It felt like filler. I was bored.

That's the first time in the series that an episode really disappointed me. I get the feeling that they're trying to streach out the main story line as much as possible so the show can be on the air and be a money maker for as long as possible.

It's almost too bad that Lost is a big a hit as it is, I'm sure ABC is forcing the producers to keep this going as long as possible even if it means throwing some episodes in like last nights. I would much rather have an excellent series that lasts only 4 or 5 seasons, than one that starts off as promising as this one and devolves into crap so that they can be around for 7 or 8 seasons. (See X-files as a prime example.)

Tell the story.

When it's done it's done.

End Rant.