TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that the size of the park, or the land that each park owns?

I know shortly after buying Paramount CF mentioned free land at each Paramount park. PCW had a fairly large amount of unused land.

I'm just wondering if those numbers include the undeveloped land, as I highly doubt Kings Island is 453 acres??

I think hat land is undeveloped land at Kings Island. They have about 800 acres totally. I also found Dreamworld it is 74 acres at the current time, I doubt that includes the new for this year Whitewater World water park. They have 210 acres totally, that is assuming the online converter I used converted it right from hectares to acres. I found the hectares on an aussie website dreamnova.

-Jake

The hills at Holiday World got to me by the end of a hot day, but I didn't really mind Mt Olympus (except the entrance).

Walking up the hill to S:UE at SFMM is the single most exhausting hill at any park.

I don't like the current long walk from Thunderhead to Tennessee Tornado.

I think the worst dead end at a park is the hill down to B:TR at SFoG.

^Also agreed.

I think the bigger park the better. It is so much better to have a big park, like Cedar Point and Walt Disney World Parks, because there is so much to explore. Once you think you hva covered everything, there is still alot more stuff to do in the park.

The hills at Holiday World got to me by the end of a hot day, but I didn't really mind Mt Olympus (except the entrance).

Walking up the hill to S:UE at SFMM is the single most exhausting hill at any park.

I don't like the current long walk from Thunderhead to Tennessee Tornado.

I think the worst dead end at a park is the hill down to B:TR at SFoG.

SFOG in general has a funky layout; you have the Batman/Mindbender deadend AND the Superman/Ninja/GASM dead end.

SFOG in general has a funky layout; you have the Batman/Mindbender deadend AND the Superman/Ninja/GASM dead end.

And what's so sad is that there's only, like, a go cart track seperating the two dead ends.

First thing I'd do if I magically owned SFOG: rip out the go carts and make the park a circle.

• 2 weeks later...

Best park is Europa-Park. It's huge and véry complex, it has so many rides, it's impossible to ride them all in one day and for first-time visitors the park is like a maze.

Perfect park. Gives you something to explore.

^ For some reason walking up and down hills though tires me out much faster.

Like I have no problem walking around Cedar Point all day. But a tiny park like Mt. Olympus really killed my feet and legs.

Do you mean the park is small, or the amount of rides is small? To me, it seemed like one of the biggest and most spread out parks I had been to. The hills also are pretty bad.

Holiday world has a weird layout, especially Thanksgiving. You should be able to go from Thangsgiving to the water park without going all the way back around thorugh Halloween. It got me confused a few times when I was there.

A lot of people complain about SFOGs hills to Gotham City. They really are not that bad, especially when you are rewarded with Schwartzkopf goodness on the other side.

^ For some reason walking up and down hills though tires me out much faster.

Like I have no problem walking around Cedar Point all day. But a tiny park like Mt. Olympus really killed my feet and legs.

Do you mean the park is small, or the amount of rides is small? To me, it seemed like one of the biggest and most spread out parks I had been to. The hills also are pretty bad.

Are you asking about my Mt. Olympus comment?

If so then both. Mt Olympus ride wise and park size is pretty small. But the elevation changes is pretty drastic. Not too mention the ride stations being built like 30 feet off the ground.

What's Mt. Olympus' acreage?

It seemed to me to be one of the smallest parks I'd been to. Funny that somebody would have the opposite opinion.

I did not thoroughly explore the water park area though. Which seemed to be a lot bigger than I expected.

it fun to hear all you americans complain about having to walk some hills in the parks, try Tusenfryd(norway) the whole park is built in a hillside and this park has no transport system except from some escalators that take you from the entrance to the park.

ask anyone whos been there how the walk from supersplash to the spaceshot is;)

I think it really depends on the park. Cedar Pint is huge, but it uses its land well, but SFSTL on the other hand, while a nice park, is layed out in such a horendus way, that it will drive anyone insane. I'll have to agree though, Mt. Olympus is layed out poorly, but it doesn't come close to SFKK.

it fun to hear all you americans complain about having to walk some hills in the parks, try Tusenfryd(norway) the whole park is built in a hillside and this park has no transport system except from some escalators that take you from the entrance to the park.

ask anyone whos been there how the walk from supersplash to the spaceshot is;)

That walk at Tusenfryd is similar in elevation change, steepness and distance to some of the US park scenarios that some have mentioned:

Holiday World - waterpark to Voyage

Mt Olympus - front gate to Hades

SFoG - Gotham City to Superman: Ultimate Flight

SFMM - anywhere up to Superman: Ultimate Escape