TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, IMO, no park is ever too big, but they can definately be too crowded.

CP is great, I absolutely love it and I would go there all the time if I could, you just can't beat having 14 different rollercoasters to ride all in one park, not to mention everything else. But the crowds can be a problem.

And conversly, small isn't bad either, the small park charm is great, the original rides and attractions and the great atmospheres that they have can mean more than getting 6 rides on TTD.

I've never found Alton Towers too big...I can't really think of any park that's 'too big'. It's all about how they use the space. And if they offer transportation options.

Epcot is one of the bigger parks, but at least there are places to rest, stop, check stuff out, and even boats for transport!

I haven't met a park I couldn't tackle! (although I have had my share of blisters and advil!)

^I agree. Epcot is very large, yet I usually make at least 2 full laps per visit. Alton seemed to be perfect size and CP is a long walk, but again I went through Frontiertown 3 times on my last visit. I definately enjoy small parks, but I have to say I have never been to a park that is too big.

IMO, there is rarely a park that is too big for the public. However, there are parks that are too big for the staff and park managment. Instead of having all of the rides and shops opened, a park would have half of the rides opened and a handful of shops opened. If the park seems to have more oversized lawn ornaments than operating rides, then the park may be too big for park managment.

Maybe not big overall, though there are some areas of certain parks that might be too high or steep.

Like at SFMM with the walk up to Ninja.

Actually the only park I can think of so far is Marineland for being too big. Just because it's huge, but doesn't have anything.

Maybe not big overall, though there are some areas of certain parks that might be too high or steep.

Like at SFMM with the walk up to Ninja.

Actually the only park I can think of so far is Marineland for being too big. Just because it's huge, but doesn't have anything.

I was about to post Marineland too. I have never been there, but it looks too much spaced out with not many rides. That can make a difference wheter or not the park looks big.

I think IOA has a good layout...even better when they used to run the boats across the lagoon.

I would always laugh as I passed people who were lost...IT'S A BIG CIRCLE!!! How hard is that???

Also, parks that use the hub system (ala Magic Kingdom's) are always nice also.

Parks that seem to build onto themselves too much, or have to deal with terrain seem to have issues. I don't like deadends.

^Like Critter Country. It's such a tiny land, it seems like it should've been an extention of Frontierland or NO Square. It would've made more sense. Or, if it at least had more than 2 rides to draw visitors over there, and give Pooh some kind of line

Kennywood is a nice "small" park, not a lot of walking and there is a ride queue around every turn. Six Flags America is layed out petty stupid, long walk back to Superman/ Batwing and then oops, dead end!!!! BGE is a lot of walking with BIG hills and lotsa steps. Thank God for the sky ride and train system!!

The only park that I ever thought that was so spread out was Magic Kingdom. It is nice to have the park centered around a centeral hub but, Splash Mountain and Big Thunder are freakin far away. I really like Magic Kingdom, but sometimes it was a pain to walk all the way over there. That's why Disney has the trains.

---Brent

How many acres is Carowinds, Canadas Wonderland, and Dreamworld in Austrailia.

-Jake

I don't know if it is a reliable source, but I found those on wikipedia :

-Carowinds = 105 acre

-Canada's Wonderland = 370 acres

I couldn't find Dreamworld though ...

But, Cedar Point is 364 acres, so that makes it a little bit smaller than PCW.

On the other hand, WDW is about 30 000 acres ...