TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Can you ride Colossus 'backwards' for 13 straight hours?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I bet you if they did this on Psyclone, someone would either have to go to the hospital, or die from the pain and disorientining ride. There would be no way to get me on Psyclone backwards unless you paid me.

---Brent

Despite the fact that I was a kid at the time, and was not much into riding rollercoasters yet, I can tell you that the park has run Psyclone backwards before. I want to say that they did this in 93 or 94, not sure exactly the year. I'd be curious to know if Ninja would work backwards. I know Astroworld ran XLR-8 backwards, but I don't recall how popular it was. Most other rides, while I bet possible, would just not be much fun/safe, backwards.

Despite the fact that I was a kid at the time, and was not much into riding rollercoasters yet, I can tell you that the park has run Psyclone backwards before. I want to say that they did this in 93 or 94, not sure exactly the year

Yeah, but at that time (until January 17, 2004) Psyclone was a kick-ass ride, honestly, it was my favorite coaster in the park at the time.

Sad what it's become really.

i want to, but my mom wont let me. plus i have school that day.

i guess if i could get a ride out there, she would let me.

Colossus has gotten really rough going forwards. i have never been on it backwards though so i dont really know.

i'll probably go around the second or third sunday of october.

i have compititions in band every saturday next month!

I can't imagine riding Mindbender [Galaxyland] backwards for 13 hours... in fact.. I chickened out on riding it backwards in the first place... if you want to ride it though, there is always a backwards care, 3 loops, and 5.2 G... BACKWARDS.. ah...

Anyways, Collossus looked like an awesome airtime layout, I would do it if I didn't life halfway accross the earth. The closest wooden coaster to me is Tremmors at Silverwood and it has bad reviews...

I can't imagine riding Mindbender [Galaxyland] backwards for 13 hours... in fact.. I chickened out on riding it backwards in the first place... if you want to ride it though, there is always a backwards care, 3 loops, and 5.2 G... BACKWARDS.. ah...

Anyways, Collossus looked like an awesome airtime layout, I would do it if I didn't life halfway accross the earth. The closest wooden coaster to me is Tremmors at Silverwood and it has bad reviews...

colossus' airtime = 0 seconds.