TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Master Blaster

Howdy all

I just want to know who actually manufactures the Master Blaster slide? Not the models from proslide which use the conveyer technology but the slides that actually use the high pressure water jets to propel rides in the uphill sections.

Thanks guys

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Crush n Gusher was much better than any of the Master Blasters at Schlitterbahn, although I think my new favorite is the one at Splash Landings at Alton Towers! That one was insane! And when you went single on it you would end up backwards on this double down section that's crazy!

Who here knew there is a Master Blaster in Saipan? It was my first of the type, and although not huge, it was a lot of fun! Now I have to go find more of them!

yea, actually I did. Does that make me cool too?

Gregg - I agree, I liked the Proslides one at SFNE better than the NBGS one at Schlitterbahn GI.

although I think my new favorite is the one at Splash Landings at Alton Towers! That one was insane! And when you went single on it you would end up backwards on this double down section that's crazy!

That was my first master blaster. I thought it was alot of fun.

Too bad the lifeguard wouldn't let Ted and I go together. Though we probably would have gotten been knocked out by the top of the tube in the double down had he let us.

NBGS is essentially the industrial arm of Schlitterbahn by the way. Same parent company.

Thanks... but that's not entirely true. The company was founded out of the Schlitterbahn resort's developers, but Schlitterhbahn has no affiliation to it, and still does some of their stuff in-house.

The master blaster at the Kalahari (in Wis. Dells) is completely insane. The airtime on it is totally insane--ride with two people and you'll see this. Then, the 'crazy tunnel of doom' amazes me each time. It's taken very fast, and it's pitch black... you're sloshing around like crazy, and it's just an amazing slide.

Who here knew there is a Master Blaster in Saipan? It was my first of the type, and although not huge, it was a lot of fun! Now I have to go find more of them!

yea, actually I did. Does that make me cool too?

Huh?

I only asked because I was surprised to find on in such an isolated place. I'm not independently wealthy or anything, and I'm not trying to rub it in that the US Navy brings me to some out of the way places. So why the snub, ParkTrips?

I was under the impression that Master Blaster slides were still pretty rare. What other waterparks have them outside of the Dells, Schlitterbahn, Alton and Disney? (Those were the only places I knew of them.)

^Your response did come off kind of 'dickish' Chris.

Also, there are Blasters all over the place. Tons of small parks have them, indoor waterparks have them, they're really not rare at all. It's just stupid shows on the Discovery Channel and Travel Channel make it seem like Schlitterbahn is the only place in existence cool enough to have one.

Master Blaster is my tip for the next attraction to go into Wet N Wild Down here. I think a little battle is about to start with Dreamworld opening it's own waterpark which has all the latest proslide toys. DW are going for the rocket slide with the conveyors so I hope WnW combat that with a real master blaster. Water jets sooo much cooler

Best slide is still Disco H2O though for sure!

It's just stupid shows on the Discovery Channel and Travel Channel make it seem like Schlitterbahn is the only place in existence cool enough to have one.

Yea, just like the Boogie Bahn's even though there are more than 30 worldwide

I liked the conveyor belt version from ProSildes better, but I think it was more or less because it (SFNE's) was longer than the Galveston one. Anyways, for Australia to get TWO would be really cool.

what other waterparks have them outside of the Dells, Schlitterbahn, Alton and Disney?

Here is a dated list:

http://www.nbgsintl.com/masterblasterride.com/pgs/clients.html

Wow! Thanks, ParkTrips! I guess it shows that I haven't actually been in a waterpark in years. I didn't even realize they had been around that long. Shoot, that waterpark in Saipan had the first bowl slide I've ever tried, too!

As for Discovery Channel, I'm not sure if I even get that here, or if I do if it's an English channel through my cable company. My wife tends to monopolize the TV with Korean soap operas and Japanese variety shows.

I honestly don't think I've watched a dozen hours of broadcast TV this year.

NBGS is essentially the industrial arm of Schlitterbahn by the way. Same parent company.

Thanks... but that's not entirely true. The company was founded out of the Schlitterbahn resort's developers, but Schlitterhbahn has no affiliation to it, and still does some of their stuff in-house.

NBGS is the sister company to Waterpark Management Inc. which runs the various Schlitterbahns.

The Henry family owns both companies.

I'd call that affiliation.

Matt

I LOVE Master Blasters. I was fortunate enough to get 15 consecutive rides on Crush N Gusher at the end of the day, after a huge storm at about three. It's so odd, yet amazing to get brilliant airtime on a Water Slide. I can't remember which, I think it was Banana Blaster but I can't be sure, had a really good drop which went into a tiny trench, and I got insane airtime.

I really should head up to Alton's and try it out.