TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Derek goes to Germany

DerekRx

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belson, we're not Derek-bashing. We're just... Derek-laughing.

What are you talking about woman????

The beer boy can't handle his beer?? Goes all the way to Germany to experience Oktoberfest, and passes out???? The beer boy???

This is, and will most definitely be, bashing!!!

JJ

How strong is was the beer.? in the UK it is 5% Volume.

Well, they call stuff like that "Starkbier" (strong beer ) for a reason in Germany. A tv-report I saw yesterday stated that the alcohol volume is about 13%. Now consider that one pint is one liter. That means you're pissed in no time .

Hi Guys,

first of all I`ve to say that we really, really like Derek, Greg, Tim, Dave & Janna and we didn`t want to make fun about the beer drinking abilities.

Maybe it was my fault because I ordered a last round for them.

So please Derek don`t be mad about our photos!

To some questions:

Normal german beer is about 4,5 % to 5 %.

Oktoberfest beer is about 6 % to 6,5% plus you`ll drink it even faster than you normally drink beer because it`s really hot in the tents and I think a lot of foreigners forget that it is a 2,1 pint glass (in Europe 1 litre or 34 us ounce) and not a normal glass!

So Derek had nearly 4 glasses. So you can recalculate it in Budweiser!

4 glasses is good for a lot of foreigners, but for germans, especially bavarians, it`s really not that big issue. But don`t understand me wrong: we`re no alcoholics!

By the way if you wanna try real strong beer you`ve to come to munich end of march. There`s a 4 weeks festival where you`ll get "Starkbier", it has about 10% - 12 % alcohol!

And Derek, if we`re coming to the states next september we`ll bring you a bottle of this "Starkbier"

Wow.. so if I do my math right, that's about 1.5 times as strong of beer as your 4% beer in the US, and there's about 3 bottles-worth of beer in a mug... so if he drank 4 mugs, Derek consumed the equivalent of, like, 18 beers!!!

OMG hahaha

edit: corrected according to the post above

Wow.. so if I do my math right, that's about 1.5 times as strong of beer as your 4% beer in the US, and there's about 3 bottles-worth of beer in a mug... so if he drank 4 mugs, Derek consumed the equivalent of, like, 18 beers!!!

OMG hahaha

Ya, you`re absolutely right!

And he did this in nearly 4 hours!

I think not a lot of foreigners are used to this!

I was at the Hofbreahous(spelling) In vegas and had Four of those stiens in about three hours. It was awesome!!!! You start drinking that beer and you really don't feel it, but out of nowhere BAMMMM you get hit. That beer hits you from out of no where. Derek I am jelous, hey we all pass out sometimes. But I mean come on man, that many people and cameras you should know better. Hey we still love ya big guy, even if you can't hold your beer:)

Casey"yes sometimes I drink like a fish"Childers

whoops, sorry for misleading you.

So the report referred only to the Starkbier and not the normal fest beer. I should have been more suspicious. 4 liters of Starkbier would even harm the toughest Bavarian. But it's still a lot stronger than most foreigners assume.

At this time of the year, German television is full of reports about the Wiesn (as the Oktoberfest is often called here in Germany, in English: the meadows, pronunciation: Veesn) and its victims (i.e. a lot of wasted people). Funnily, whatever report you see, it seems that most of them are English speeking tourists, preferably Australians and New Zeelanders.

I don't want to make false assumptions, but that's just my observation.

@CaseyFish: It's Hofbräuhaus, pronunciation: Hohf-broy-house

That's 18 beers and he only weighs about 150 pounds give or take.

Derek drinks 6% beers all the time. It's ok to pass out, it's not ok to throw up on yourself Did they serve food in that tent? Where are the pics?

OWE OWE OWE!

OMG hahaha

^^ I knew how to pronounce just not spell:) Thank you for the proper spelling that place was a lot of fun, they do keg tappings there all the time too. Yeah Derek drank alot for a little guy, but I mean come on dude, sleeping on a table.....wow those tents can't be that quiet. I think one day I will have to go......just for the beer and the women, WOW some great pics...hahaha.....