TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the craziest thing you've done on a bike?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^Wow. That's cool!

The most exciting thing I've done on a bike, is to crash with an old lady when bikeing uphill, lol when she just appeared all of a sudden from a yard right in front of me.

Yes, my bikeing history is quite boring, not many accidents or cool stuff, there are of course some times I've slid or fallen of the bike, but nothing worth mentioning really.

Behind my house we have a creek. On some sections, the ground slopes to a steep drop and then its flat. Since we are idiots, we decided that we should race our bikes down the hill and see if we can jump across the creek. Well, we should have known that you have to go "up" to get across something. We jumped across, hit the front tire on the other side of the creek, did a front flip and landed on the other side.

Not that I necessarily tried but...

I was 13 and rode my bike up to a park about a couple miles from my house. The back of this park has a nice big hill. Part of the hill has various roadways, but part of it has this dirt area. I thought it would be cool for some reason to ride down the dirt portion. From the top it looked like a nice clear cut down to the road/parking lot below (its about a 2o - 3o foot drop).

Well, so there I go flying down the hill. What I didn't realize is that the hill ends about 3 feet above the pavement. Needless to say I went airborne and landed face first. I was tangled in the bike and sore, but not cut and not seriously hurt.

• 1 month later...

I was going down a hill....

then the brakes literally fell off my bike.

Well, i managed to jump off my bike, but it went smashing to sombody's garage door.

Heh, thank god this is back when everybody still had thei wooden garage doors, or that would have left a nasty liuttle dent.

When I was in my old house. We had the center of this neighborhood, with what we all called "devil's hill" or "double dip of death" (we were young okay) it was a tall, steep hill. On top of another tall, steep hill. You'd go down the first about 67 degree hill. It would instantly hit flat ground to start the next hill. The next hill about 12 feet tall did the same thing. Instantly hitting flat ground a 26 foot 30 degree hill down into my backyard. While avoiding trees, and the ocassional rabbit or squirrel.

--Next

Near the double hill was this gigantic 20 foot drop about 50 degrees covered in weeds. You couldnt see the ground for bumps or anything. Below it was a ramp off a fence into a garden. On the top of the hill was flat ground and you couldn't see the drop off. I was riding my bike all of a sudden I found myself flying down that hill jumped the garden (very small) almost killed the owners watermelon. Down the 26 foot 30 degree hill into my backyard.

--Next

In the same neighborhood. About 8:00 in the morning when no one was out on my bike. I was about 8. We had a ramp in the sidewalk. Cuz for some odd reason the sidewalk went UP then immediatly cracked and back down. Bout a 1 foot high ramp. I went down this hill picked up speed hit the ramp. Jumped then woke up in the hospital with a concussion. And halk my cheeks(yes i mean my face) skin were ripped off. Apparently I did a face plant into the ground and ended up laying there for about an hour till anyone saw me.

--Next

We had this hill that had a fence and a 5 - 6 foot fall. Straight down. About 12 years old one day before I moved into my new house which i am currently moving out of. I decided to go down that hill into the drop off and land. Boy was I stupid I hit the tree after the fall. Woke up in the hospital stayed the night there. Left and moved into my new house. My friend who still lives there says there is blood all over that tree.

I haven't done many amazing things on a bike. But Clermont being a hilly city is very fun. I enjoyed it. And all the bad exciting stuff happened when I crashed.

--Next

Long Story short we had this play thing in our back yard it was old rusted and run down belonged to no one about a 5 foot slide on it I got up on the slide my friend handed me my bike. I went to get on and my bike slipped down the slide I fell of landed on my leg. My leg was broken and behind my back. I was in pain.

Again all the excitment came from crashing. But it was good times. Good times.

^You made the ramp? Oh dear god. The craziest thing I've done on a bike is when IO just got my training wheels off and I went down a huge hill (well huge to me back then lol) and ran right into a sign and a newspaper box. That sign and newspaper box are no longer standing lol. Good times, good times.

Probably one of these two...

Standing up on the seat.....that was unsafe....regret that, although I didn't ever fall.

Or...

I was riding a bike on a trail in New York. The trail wrapped around a lake, or something like that. They were covered by bushes. To make a long story short, I was riding, slipped, flew through the bushes, and ended up hanging from a branch until our family came around the corner, and saw me......

-Mike

• 1 month later...

recently went up to the Lake District and done a mountain bike track. we had to take the 'Green Route' as they called it, which was ok as it had banked turns, steepish hills and double hills, so airtime was fun, but it was tarmac, so it was safe.

Anywho, half way along the course, we found that our tracks (excuse the pun) crossed with the 'Black route' which was much harder and a lot scarier. Being tough and brave, we decided to do it. Little did we know the 32ft hill was actually made of a brakes worst nightmare: slate.

yeah, we felt big doing it. but about 1/2 of the way down we saw it was slate and found it very hard to control the bike as we had to make a rather sharp left turn at the bottom of the hill.

About 8 ft to go, i said 'screw the brakes' and let go of them. i sped up, turned left and sklooshed through a very deep, well hidden puddle.

No wonder why they had 'brake' signs everywhere!