142 members have voted

1. 1. Naming Contest Finals Voting Poll

• AXIS by ECZenith
    • KamiKaze by wrebbit
    • Adrenaline by Airtime&Gravity
    • Night Owl by Erik Johnson
    • Hawk by nitrorider
    • Eclipse by Colincoon

Damn, how good you are in AutoCAD, I wish I knew how to use it for my modell. The static wooden one that are built in another thread.

But it's not enough time to learn - deadline in end of FEbruari. And I have a whole model to build also.

Hope every thing works out fine!

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ Wanted the prototype to be small and not take up a lot room.

Right after my dad and I took off the clamp system shown in the pictures above, the spine came apart. The epoxy wasn't enough, so what we're going to do is take some small nails and attach it that way.

Yeah, but that was with the prototype. It will be harder this time around for the actual model with all the twists and turns.

We've started work on building the seats and they're going to be done one-by-one. So far 1 of them is half finished.

Interesting question. I was thinking of a few places. Maybe have a revealing event at the neighborhood library.

After that, maybe have it displayed at my school, if I do I'd need to create a plexyglasswindow surrounding the ride to prevent anyone from damaging it.

Plus, there's a neighborhood fair that comes to my area, I could set it up there and sell T-Shirts to go along with it. I actually did create a t-shirt for this project back in January, but some of the color on the transfer is coming off.

Lastly, I was thinking if it was possible, to see if some local amusement park would allow me to display it.

As far as the project's duedate is, the school has no idea. I've heard like 3 different dates:

-Sept. 2008

-December 2008

- February 2009

I hope it's latter and so far that seems like the likely date.

Those are the places I'd like to display it. When the time comes I'll post the dates up on the calender. You guys are all welcome to come to the events.

• 1 month later...

I had a meeting in school for the project and the the official due date is Feburary 2009. This gives me 1 year and 2 months to complete the prototype, design the final layout, build it and document it.

As far as progress, tonight we got the seats done. They look really cool and I think I have almost all the pieces for the train made execpt for the restraints and side wheel mounting brackets. I still need to get the wheels too.

Post any ideas for the final layout as far as inversions and elements etc.

1568955934_DSCF0213(800x600).jpg.9f7055e08ad924c88c49effc06507613.jpg

How they'd be sitting on the cars.

• 1 month later...

It's been over a month since the last update. Sorry about that. Here's what's been going on...

The seats are all finished and are ready for paint along with the other car parts. The seat arm has been painted a bright red and the seats, a banana yellow. The frame has been painted black and the seat booster, a gray. Shouldn't be long until the assembly starts.

Stay tuned for track work to start.

Here's one seat.

Not all of them are done. Before.....After.

Here are all of the car parts. The restraints still need to be made; this should happen soon.[/img]

• 2 weeks later...

On Ferbrury 14th, I will have a big annoucement regarding the coaster. This will come along with an update.

Since that is the date that TPR was founded, I think it would be a great idea to mark it by.

Stay tuned to find out.

1272054902_willtellall(538x293).jpg.6fafb0fd44b88cdd9779d9c9b26800fb.jpg

*coughcornycough*

Seriously work on the coaster and make it quality instead of doing all this over hyped PR stuff. You arn't really putting all you can in the coaster, when you could make it great you over hype it before anything happens. Put your coaster where you mouth is man... Seriously.

^You obviously have no sense of reality. Think about it he has a release date and all this fake PR stuff for an over hyped model. He needs to put more work into it. Do you honestly think this deserves such attention. I still say he won't finish it. And I am saying this as constructive criticism You really need to put more thought into this model.

^Why the hell do you think I'll just work on it for over a year and give up? I WILL get it to work one way or another. By the way, you're not the one making the model. I am.

Don't become another Jack Rimer. I'm not saying anymore.

^Why the hell do you think I'll just work on it for over a year and give up? I WILL get it to work one way or another.

Because I have seen it happen before. Don't be a smart ass your no where near being done yet. So just skip the adverts for now your digging yourself a deeper grave from when something bad happens.

^Why the hell do you think I'll just work on it for over a year and give up? I WILL get it to work one way or another. By the way, you're not the one making the model. I am.

Don't become another Jack Rimer. I'm not saying anymore.

Another Jack Rimer? What is that supposed to mean? At least if you were me you would have a model that operates by now.

Dude, you still have absolutely NOTHING to show us as far as a working model. I'm sorry the truth stings so bad, but lay off the drama and show us something that actually WORKS!

Painted seats? Yes

Wooden supports? Yes

Lots of drawings? Yes

A name for the ride? Yes

A model that works? No