• Hawk by nitrorider
    • Eclipse by Colincoon

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Basically it's a due date. I could have it done in mid to late 2008, but with this being a very detailed project it's going to take me a very long time so I don't know for sure. On top of that I must write a 5 page essay about the project and the history of roller coasters. The 5 pages is nothing compared to some of the other options. One of them was a 12 page essay where you must type about 2 classes that you took in a 2 year time period.

The reason why I chose to this was my interest and I also wanted to make something that nobody else did.

Governor Mifflin. The school with the 2nd best football team in PA! I don't know how they did that.

I SO have friends that go to Gov Miff!!! and uh...no you guys are NOT 2nd in the state...you're not even in state playoffs!! But I can't say anything, cause we only won one game and they make us play Wilson!!! Oh and we play you in winter sports! sorry off topic. So yea by seeing that you're 14 I'm assuming you're a freshman. And you're already working hard on your graduation project!? thats insane!! I definately am still turning in the approval forms for mine and I'm a junior! But does yours have to relate to a career!? cause ours does.

Well actually it's the AAAA competition or something or other. And this Friday were playing against Penn Manor. I got the 2 from a print out that my drafting teacher had that showed a list of which teams are playing which in this division. It said Harrisburg 1st and then us 2nd, I don't know if these numbers mean anything but I think they were for the best in the state.

Yes I know starting this early sounds wierd but I must start planning now if I want to get the whole thing completed.

This does reflect what I want to do for a career but it's also something that intrests me. Also just now realizing this, it could be good experience for my resume.

Also, somehow we won against wilson after like 10 years this season, but it didn't really count so good luck .

We got shutout by them like 39-0, but it wasn't as bad as Southwestern which was 69-0!! but yea I guess you should start this early...so is it approved already!? Cause if not that would suck, cause you'd have to change projects and just finish this for youself, along with ANOTHER project

It's approved. I told my grad. project teacher what I wanted to do and he said that it fits into the guidelines and that I can build the model BUT it has to be very detailed.

Also going off topic a little, the 2 is for where we rank in the AAAA division but from what I heard we are 6th in the state.

That would work! Thanks. I could also make a control board that includes that and switches for the braking systems. I could use just simple light switches for that. Also, since the platform will be hollowed out in the middle, I could hide the the wiring inside. I'll look into it when I get a chance to go to the hobby store.

I have been somehow slacking on the site plans since I am working on my RCT2 Pennsylvania Park.

Just recently I PM'ed Elissa to see if I could use the TPR logo as sort of a name to put on the ride as sort of like a sponsor name.

Right now I am just typing up a poll paper to give to my classmates to choose for the semi-finals.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a little bit since I last updated on my progress.

I have started with AutoCAD! I somehow have been advoiding it, but after starting to fool around with it in drafting class, it seems really cool.

I have the second floor of the station done and I hope to get a pic up of it ASAP.

The poll has been moved to this topic and the deadline is the same. Have fun voting.

(EDIT Dec. 1, 2006)- I changed the signature link just now. Thanks for telling me because I thought I did it last night.

I am currently working on the model and I found that I will need to change the ride length slightly.

The 2nd 90 degree banked helix ( right before the brake run) will be removed and replaced with a 90 degree banked turn.

The turn right after the last dive loop that goes under the jojo roll and the tunnel will be removed. It will be replaced with the track soaring over the jojo roll and over the station.

I also will make the lift 48 in. long and it go up at a 45 degree angle.

But, besides that the project is going good so far.

-Chris-