Coaster credits in NYC?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No car...for now.

(I actually just bought a car a week and a half ago, but I can only drive it to work--don't drink and drive, kids!)

I was thinking about doing a SF GAdv trip this fall. Depending on modes of available transportation, we might do that on Sunday if it's kosher to all parties (the friend I'm going up there with doesn't like roller coasters, but his sister does).

I've never ridden the Cyclone so I definitely want to hit that up.

Pay no attention to the former blue haired oddling, he doesn't like many rides. Cyclone is good for a ride or two, but can get expensive, and its kinda rought and the trains are clunky. Not as good as its clones in Chicago and Atlanta. Its good for its historical value though.

Getting to Rye isn't that difficult, and its worth the trip. Still kinda scary, but not as much as Coney. I think the buses that go there are the Beeline. Just check their website, they should have directions via bus as well as hours and prices.

Ha--well, I've always wanted to ride it. If it's awful I can always go to Nathan's and get some comfort food. I will say that I hated the Georgia Cyclone so if it's anything like that...

I did a rcdb search and saw Playland Park's in Rye. Anything else nearby I should try to catch?

Edit to add: The main reason I didn't like the GA Cyclone was because of the seat dividers. I'm slightly largesse and was one cheeking it throughout the duration of the ride.

Adventureland in Farmingdale on Long Island S.D.C Hurricane thats smooth and pretty intense

We used to have a Mondial Topscan but becuase of an accident last year we had to let it go

But we did get a Huss Frisbee this year, and it runs pretty intense

Thanks for the info. Since I'm going up with non-coaster enthusiasts, I'll probably have to settle for the Cyclone on this trip (and possibly a jaunt to Great Adventure which would be awesome because I really want to compare Nitro to Goliath and Apollo's). When I'm driving again I want to come back up and hit most of the Northeastern parks/coasters. It's funny how someone on one of these boards included the Virginia parks when describing a possible trip. Looking forward to Boulder Dash and the SFNE S:ROS in 2007 or 2008.

Adventureland in Farmingdale on Long Island S.D.C Hurricane thats smooth and pretty intense

We used to have a Mondial Topscan

Hurricane was my 200th coaster

And AdvLands Ex-TopScan was AMAZING! BEST Topscan EVER!

Thats because we ran it manually not preset so the rides were wicked,

whats sad is that it really made our park unique because Topscans are scarce and the only other one that ran manually was the one in the fair circuit