TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Musician's Forum

Crazy4Coasters!

Well I wanted to start a new topic for musician's to talk about anything and everything about playing any instrument. It can be about what instrument you play, asking for advice from your fellow TPR members, or just posting some helpful tips that others can use.

By the way am a drummer... anyone here play drums or anything else?

Let's talk music!!!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, I play Drums, but am getting a bit rusty, as I havn't been diligent practicing

I also play Guitar a bit, and sing a small amount as well

I have been in multiple bands, and was a worship leader for a time

I really enjoy music, and plan to eventually have a recording studio, and possibly look into starting a label

I play the drums also! I was in a band called Holotype, but about 2 months ago the project fell apart for several reasons. We played alot of good shows, and were rather popular around the Orlando metal scene. One of our songs still holds a #1 spot on garageband.com for its category. Click here if you want to hear some songs from my group.

As far as personal accomplishments, I recently had a featured article on sickdrummer.com.

Im probably going to start another project just to keep myself playing, but I think the route I want to take with my drumming now is to try to become a studio musician. I dont even know how to break into that around Florida, I may have to move to another state to find steady work.

Nice guitar... I actually tried to learn guitar but i could never position my fingers to get the right chords. Oh well i guess i'll stick with drumming!!!!

Im interested in a rundown of your kit.. what do you use?

<-- Im using a Pearl Masters Birch Custom,

10x10 12x10 14x12 rack toms, 16x14 floor tom

pearl rack and hardware

Sabian Cymbals

Evans EC2 heads, powerkick 3 bassdrum head

Axis bassdrum pedals, Axis highhat stand (Im planning on switching to the Pearl Eliminators soon)

Im not much of a guitar player either man, I can get my limbs to do independent things, but not my fingers for some reason.

Nice guitar... I actually tried to learn guitar but i could never position my fingers to get the right chords. Oh well i guess i'll stick with drumming!!!!

Im interested in a rundown of your kit.. what do you use?

<-- Im using a Pearl Masters Birch Custom,

10x10 12x10 14x12 rack toms, 16x14 floor tom

pearl rack and hardware

Sabian Cymbals

Evans EC2 heads, powerkick 3 bassdrum head

Axis bassdrum pedals, Axis highhat stand (Im planning on switching to the Pearl Eliminators soon)

quote]

What, no Roto Toms? (jk)

I play with Keyboards.

Current arsenal: Korg Triton Pro

Korg MS2000r

Alesis QSR

Kurzwiel K2500X

Yamaha DX-27

Behringer FX processor and Compresor.

Behringer 16 channel mixer (non effects)

Korg D1600 Digital Recorder

Various mikes, stands and pedals.

What, no Roto Toms? (jk)

I play with Keyboards.

Current arsenal: Korg Triton Pro

Korg MS2000r

Alesis QSR

Kurzwiel K2500X

Yamaha DX-27

Behringer FX processor and Compresor.

Behringer 16 channel mixer (non effects)

Korg D1600 Digital Recorder

Various mikes, stands and pedals.

lol, thats funny, I actually did use rototoms when I first started playing years ago!! I found them at a pawn shop for 50 bucks. I gave them to a friend, although now I regret it.. I could make electronic pads out of them for cheap.

Nice.. Korg Triton.. Such a beastly machine

^ they are thin toms that you are able to change their pitch just by rotating them. Heres a pic :

Rotos scream 1980's. I had a set back when I played. I miss drumming, it was a great way to burn off some teen angst.

I had a 5 piece Pearl Maxwin

Set of rotos

Zildjian 14" Medium Crash

Zildjian 22" Dry Ride

Zildjian 14" Medium Hi Hats

Paiste 12" Fast Crash

I tried getting back into a couple years ago and was lost with all the changes. I was, however, delighted to see Vic Firth Dave Weckl sticks were still around. Those were my tools of the trade.