TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best B&M collection?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see, here are the ones that came to mind, allow me to think out loud - here is how I would rank them in respect to each park

BGT - Kumba | Montu | Sheikra

IOA - Fire | Ice | Hulk

SFG-adv - Nitro | Medusa | Batman | Superman

SFOG - Goliath | Scorcher | Batman | Superman

SFMM - Riddler's | Batman | Tatsu | Scream

BGT beats IOA becase I dont think any of IOA's rides touch Kumba and Montu. Of the Six Flags parks, the Batman clones cancel each other out because I don't find any of them superior to the others. Great Adventure and Georgia also have Superman, but Georgia's is better by a good bit. Goliath also beats Nitro be the slightest of margins, and even though Medusa beats the Scorcher I have to give the slight edge to Georgia. While Riddler's may not tough Goliath, it does beat its direct competition (Scorcher), Tatsu beats Superman by far, and Scream is a solid ride that makes SFMM my pick there. Now, against BGT... again, none of their rides can match up to Kumba and Montu.

So yea... Kumba and Montu carry BGT for me, and Sheikra provides a little help with the quantity.

I'll go with BGT/BGA: Kumba | Montu | Sheikra

IMO, even the SF parks with multiple B&Ms just don't stack up.

Neither a Batman clone or S:UF come close to Kumba & Montu for me so that counts out SFOG, SFGam, or SFGAdv.

I'm not really into stand ups that much, so that counts out SFMM, SFOG, SFGam.

And none of the floorless coasters are as good as Kumba, IMO, so that counts out SFMM and SFGadv.

So yeah, BGT/BGA is the clear winner for me, with honestly Alton Towers probably being a close second.

If I had to chose a SF park with a bunch of B&M's I'd probably pick SFOG. S:UF and Batman kind of cancel each other our since they're in many parks, but I like Goliath better than Nitro or Bull and I like Scorcher better than Iron Wolf and Riddler's.

--Robb

You guys pick one whats your favorite dont name them.

IMO

sfmm has the best collection

scream-may be a clone but very fun

batman-may be a clone but really intense,better then some other inverts.

Riddler-everything i like in a coaster tall,fast and long

tatsu-just only the best flyer ever

Good question.

I would really like to say BGA due to Kumba being so Awesome, Montu CAN be good but much like Alpengeist but you have to rate it on the normal operation.

If Alp was running like it did in 1997 with Apollo they would be up there too (plus Griffon )

But I would have to give it to SFGAd personally

I loved Nitro when I rode it, Batman is always awesome, Medusa is great and Superman is decent.

I will see how they are running next week and see if my opinion still holds.

JEFF

Another vote for BGT here. Kumba kicks ass, Montu would kick more ass if Busch would ever tone down on the trims, and SheiKra has the great amount of air.

Then, for second and third places;

IOA: Again, they have a decent collection and some of the best theming.

SFOG: (I last visited Pre-Goliath, can't say anything about it yet), Scorcher is a stand-up that reminds me of an Anton, Batman: The Clone is eh, Superman is great at SFOG since it was custom made for this park (before SF wanted to clone it).

BGT going away. The Montu-Kumba-Sheikra trifecta is hard to beat by any three coasters in one park, with the possible exception of the Wisconsin Dells Woodies (Hades, Cyclops, Avalanche).

SFGAm isn't all that great (Iron Wolf, S:UF, Batman, and Raging Bull, with the Bull being the best of the bunch), SFMM's are about on par with SFGAm (I thought Riddler was hard on the quads and knees, Scream wasn't anything to write home about) and I haven't been to anywhere else with multiple Beemers on site.

Paul

BGA for me. Kumba is one of the most intense looper I have been on, period. Montu is seriously sweet with the Batwing. It's right under Raptor when it comes to my rankings.

Then there is SheiKra. The original dive machine in the US with s crap load of airtime off the backseat. Hell even the front seat. With that said, BGA is tops when it comes to beemers.

Hell FL is top notch when it comes to Beemers period!

1. BGT- Sheikra, Montu, and Kumba... seriously are all top ten rides. Freakin' amazing

2. IOA- Fire, Ice, Hulk. Again, stellar rides, but not quite as good as BGT

3. SFOG- SUF and Scorcher are decent rides, but it's Batman and especially Goliath that really make it stand out. If it weren't for Goliath, SFOG would plummet.

When I saw the thread I immediately thought of Great Adventure. That might just be because I frequent the place often though. After really thinking about it though, I think I'm going to have to say SFOG. With the addition of Griffon next year, BGW/BGE will be close, but I think I have to go with the quantity for the slight advantage. Besides, a Batman clone beats Alpengeist any day.