TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official NoLimits/NL2 Help Thread

The only way I can color handrails is to do it individually.

I can generate handrails before 'supports' and color them, but then when I generate supports, there are no supports from the track level to the handrail (basically, I get my colored handrails, but they are all floating in mid air!)

I did figure out how to color catwalks successfully, but need help with all these handrails. Coloring them individually is very painstaking... thanks guys.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the AHG -

Could someone explain EXACTLY how the colour-coding works? Here is what I know:

Black = Specified banking/airtime hills. You need a red segment to lead into a black segment, and a green one to lead out from it.

I am building this new coaster and while I have finally corrected the awful transitions it was generating, it won't bank anything correctly, as in there is almost no banking on a section which should produce around 3 vertical Gs.

Any help?

Thanks!

Well, the color codes can be found in the helpfile too, but here they are:

Pure white: Track will be banked by AHG

Pure black: Track will keep banking set by user

Pure red: Track will go from white (ahg) to black (user)

Pure green: Track will go from black (user) to white (ahg)

There is always one thing about color coding with the AHG that most people overlook. You can change the colors of the main track as everyone knows, but you can also use the rail color. You can make the rail color of a segment red, it will reset the filter value of that segment. The number for red is what dictates the filter value for the segment. For instance, if you want to make the segment with a filter value of 200, the rail color will be red: 200, green: 0, blue: 0.

It helps a lot more with transitions and smoothing things out that don't tend to be as smooth as the rest of the ahg'd track. It's definitely something to play around with.

I kinda figured it out, but can't get the rest of the train the right color. I cut and paste the logo in paint, but then the rest of the train comes up mostly white (including lapbars).

Does it make sense to have only one forum topic for all help questions?

Thanks guys

Its because paint cant do clear layers in an paint. NL car textures are colorless for the most part, and the color you pick in the editor gets put in where there is no color assigned. A good (free!) program that I use for creating car textures is Serif PhotoPlus. Its easy to work with, and won't turn the clear layers white. (Watch, open up your modified texture and an unmodified NL texture, yours will have a white background and the default will have a checkered white and grey background)

When I use wide auto supports (I refuse to hand-build every support) on a track with terrain, the nodes do not follow the terrain. Instead, the nodes are placed as if the ride has no terrain at all. That makes footers appear on the terrain with nothing visible attached to them.

Anyone know what I'm talking about and can help?

^That happens. With terraformed wooden coasters you are just about forced to build the lateral supports. But then again, the modelers adage says that something you do yourself almost always is better than something out of a box. (Or in this case, an OLD piece of software!)

EDIT: And if you really are that opposed to it, I wouldn't mind giving it a crack for you. I've wanted to for a long time, I just haven't been able to finish a track to actually support.

^That happens. With terraformed wooden coasters you are just about forced to build the lateral supports. But then again, the modelers adage says that something you do yourself almost always is better than something out of a box. (Or in this case, an OLD piece of software!)

EDIT: And if you really are that opposed to it, I wouldn't mind giving it a crack for you. I've wanted to for a long time, I just haven't been able to finish a track to actually support.

The "steeple" autosupporting is the worst - I switched to the "chapel" structure and it made the ride easier to clean up and it actually made the ride look better.

I was just making sure that the support problem was something unavoidable.

Its up to you, but if you ask me, the chapel setting is the worst looking of them all. None of them are really THAT accurate, but at least the steeple setting is a good representation of most wooden roller coaster supports. Plus I think it would be a good exercise for you to do some custom supporting on a wooden roller coaster. Even if it is just the wide supports.

I just upgraded to Windows 7 yesterday. The one problem I've found is that the graphics on NL got messed up. I opened up the simulator and at the bottom was the following error message: "No 3D Hardware Acceleration Found!"

Has anyone else had this problem with upgrading to Windows 7? If you have, how did you fix it? I'm not super computer savvy, so I'm not exactly what to do.

MOD EDIT: Merged with NL Help Thread

Quick question -- can you use NoLimits to log g-forces over an entire ride?

I know that the Stats bar at the top displays the CURRENT positive, lateral and linear Gs, but that's just instantaneous -- is their a way to log the G-forces over an entire circuit to produce a graph showing the general g-force 'trace' of the ride?

Quick question -- can you use NoLimits to log g-forces over an entire ride?

I know that the Stats bar at the top displays the CURRENT positive, lateral and linear Gs, but that's just instantaneous -- is their a way to log the G-forces over an entire circuit to produce a graph showing the general g-force 'trace' of the ride?

Unfortunately not.