TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official NoLimits/NL2 Help Thread

There is no way to dispatch trains like they do with TTD.

But you should be able to change which station you are controlling by changing 'first vertex'-node. You can't switch stations in the simulator.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^They use something called "cartextures". They're in the NoLimits Coaster Cartextures folder, labeled appropriately (I.E. for the intamin hyper, it's labeld as inthypcartexture.png). You open this in whatever photo editing program (for me I use artweaver, which is almost as powerful as photoshop) you like, erase the "NoLimits Coaster" logo, and then make your own in it's place. Some guys use a graphic tablet to draw their own designs onto the cartexture, even drawing in the letters, adding fading effects, or glowing effects on their own. It can get pretty meticulous, but for the most part, it's not all that diffcult to do for a simple effect. Just get a font from say 1001fonts.com, put the file on your pc, open up the program and remove the logo, and put in your font there. You can normally add a few simple effects to make it a bit more eye catching, or softer on the eyes.

I have a really stupid question to ask, but I can't figure out how to import a custom terrain into the No Limits editor. I just bought this program last night so maybe I'm doing things backwards, but I generated a terrain with the No Limits Terraformer, exported it as an .nlterra file, but now I have no clue what to do with it. I can't figure out where to import this in the No Limits editor.

I was able to import a stupid track design I started into the Terraformer, but because I created it on a flat plain it didn't import well on the hilly terrain I generated. I have a feeling I'll figure it out right after I post this, but currently I'm a little stuck and don't want to start creating a cool coaster design on a boring flat plain.

^Most desing the ride then add the terrain in.

You can't export a terrain, as it just doesn't work well at all. You need to import the track file, then create the terrain, then save the track file with the terrain. No other way to do it.

There is no rule that says "the more vertices, the better".

Maybee not a "written" rule, but a rule of thumb is to use more veticies. Not excessively like AHG does, but enough to get good control over the element. You should know this hyyyper

Your partially right. If you make a camel with 3 vertices, yes, it will be hard to make it parabolic in order to have kickass airtime.

But if AHG poops out a hills with 50 vertices, you won't be able edit that element without screwing it up.

^Generally when you AHG a track, you are running the final product through AHG, not a product you're wanting to edit. And yes while it's possible to make an airtime hill with 3 verticies, you can't use Ctrl + G otherwise you may mess up the shapping.

I have a really stupid question to ask, but I can't figure out how to import a custom terrain into the No Limits editor. I just bought this program last night so maybe I'm doing things backwards, but I generated a terrain with the No Limits Terraformer, exported it as an .nlterra file, but now I have no clue what to do with it. I can't figure out where to import this in the No Limits editor.

I was able to import a stupid track design I started into the Terraformer, but because I created it on a flat plain it didn't import well on the hilly terrain I generated. I have a feeling I'll figure it out right after I post this, but currently I'm a little stuck and don't want to start creating a cool coaster design on a boring flat plain.

Open the terrain with the NL terraformer. Than open the trackfile you want to have the terrain in. (You don't need an actual track for this, just open the NL editor, and save the file empty.) Now you just save the track, and voila, the terrain is in the trackfile!

• 3 weeks later...

These problems might be due to the fact I'm running the Mac version, or don't have a mouse. Just a trackpad.

This is really odd, but I've tried everything. I just can't get the camera to rotate in the terraformer.

Also, is there an in-game recorder? I can't seem to find it. Was it left out in the Mac version?

~Michael

^The recorder can be set to whatever you want when you're in the simulator. Just go into the menu and settings, then set it to something in there. The recorder is only with the 1.7 update though

As for the terraformer, you right click (or whatever it is with a mac) then rotate. You might want to get yourself a wired/wireless mouse.

I got the game just about 1 month ago so I wouldn't think I would need any updates... I will go check it out though.

Also, about the camera. Ctrl-click doesn't work in the terraformer, but it's how I rotate/move in the editor. If I try the same exact thing in the terraformer, nothing!

EDIT: I downloaded the update and can record now, thanks!

EDIT2: Well now the video came out upside-down and mirrored.

-Michael