TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official NoLimits/NL2 Help Thread

One thing you should know is that the AHG does not smooth your track.

If you're track's bumpy when you put it in, you get a bumpy track with perfect heartline and banking.

Two of thing that are mostly forgotton in the AHG is to colorcode and set the speed to meters per second.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^The track IS pretty smooth, I just really want the heartline/banking.

And I think I did both of those correctly... but for the color code I just changed the track spine green and left everything else white... isn't that what I'm supposed to do? (In this case...)

Haha, no, that's not how you should colorcode.

If you color your spine black, the banking will be unchanged. You'll want this for airtime hills and inversions with hangtime.

To make the transistion from AHG-banking to Black-Spine-Banking smooth, the segments before the black segments should be red, and the one that comes after the black segments should green.

Oh, by the way, my tutorial isn't good until you know the AHG program reeealy well. Don't try it, you won't know what you're doing. Sorry, should've mentioned that :/

With a loop or Immelman, do NOT color the track, the G forces will work it out for you

Coloring everything black is not a good idea. If you have a basic turn, leave it colorless. The AHG is for banking things like that.

For a corkscrew, color the track leading into it red, and out of it, green. This will restrict the 180 degree bank at the top and smooth out the rest of it. Or you can split up the track into more segments using the I key and you will have more control over the banking as you please.

Utilize the green and red much more. It helps smooth out your track, especially before and after a segment you've colored black.

Using these, you can come out with a much better raw track directly from the AHG. Here's an example:

1111.nltrack

• 2 weeks later...

I am really sorry if this has already been posted, since I did not see it anywhere, but in the latest news update Ole was talkign abotu technicalities and nothing praticularly interesting but then he blurted out that he will make sure that there are good "demo parks and tracks" in NL2. Implying that you can now build a park, as opposed to just a single track. I doubt this measn you can build flats and whatever that are anything besides scenery(man, can you imagine a nolimits style and quality rollercoaster tycoon?) but it probably means something along the lines of scream machines - more than one coaster track per file.

I wonder if anyone else has this problem

When I install a track with track packager, it says it successfully installs, then it asks if I want to ride the track, so I click yes. When the sim opens it doesn't recognize that there's even a track there. I look through the NL files and can't find any of the files that were in the package. I have the packager set to open it into the No Limits file, but nothing ever shows up...

^Do you get different results if you change the settings so that after installing the track, it sends you directly into the simulator?

(That's what I have mine set to do, and have yet to encounter problems...)

No. My problem is that the packager just flat out won't unpack the file. It goes through the prompt "do you want to ride the track" and I click yes and it sends me to the sim's main menu without a track picked. I go through all of the track files and can't find the track. The 3ds files don't unpack either. I don't have any idea what's going on.

I tried updating the "zlib.dll" and that didn't work. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it many times with the same exact result every time.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm also still learning how to use AHG. i know the basics and i can heartline a track but not perfect... i'm always having problems with loopings.

track right now is: launch-dive loop-airtime hill-looping

the dive loop is ok after using AHG, the airtime section also (painted it black and the piece before and after red and green) but i keep getting problems with the looping. the top piece always turns around after using AHG (if you know what i mean?)

someone has en explenation for this? even when i paint it black it keeps turning around that piece of track

i'm also still learning how to use AHG. i know the basics and i can heartline a track but not perfect... i'm always having problems with loopings.

track right now is: launch-dive loop-airtime hill-looping

the dive loop is ok after using AHG, the airtime section also (painted it black and the piece before and after red and green) but i keep getting problems with the looping. the top piece always turns around after using AHG (if you know what i mean?)

someone has en explenation for this? even when i paint it black it keeps turning around that piece of track

You are getting negative vertical Gs at the top of the loop. AHG is programed to bank track by going for only positive Gs. Do the same with the track at the top of the loop as you did with the track at the top of the airtime hill.

I am currently working on an intamin coater (gigga track) with a more than vertical drop. There is a standard chain lift and I fixed it so that there are only 4 cars per train. Anyway in the front car I get no red G's on the drop but in the back car there are Red G's.

How do I fix it so I get no red Gs?