TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official NoLimits/NL2 Help Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^You use the same upload box as you did for the pictures but instead of finding you pictures file you find your No Limits file. I found mine in My Computer>Local Disk (C: )>Program Files>No Limits Coasters v1.6>Tracks> then your coaster.

My question:

When I go to get the track packager at the gravimetricstudios place a Microsoft Office 2000 Premium thing comes up and says "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available" and then it says I have to insert that disk that i have no clue where it is. Why is it saying this and is there another way to get it without this disk? It also came up when I tried to get Elementary too (at the same place). There is a pop up blocker that comes down but I pressed "temporarily allow" and random pop ups came up and nothing happened. Please Help!

EDIT: I have just learned that the site is down right now so that is why it isn't working but I did get the download from CoasterSims.com.

1, with wooden coaster catwalks. (you need to run auto support, and turn "enable supports" along with "handrails" off, then you get only catwalks and you can drag/move the nodes to make walls/buildings)

2, with 3ds objects. anim8or is free and relatively easy. Sketchup is easy too, but you need the pro version to export

^Those programs aren't working out for me. lol. Is there a way I can save the "colored walls/roofs" from RCT3 and use them in NoLimits?

If not, what is the easiest possible way to add the buildings? Do I have to create the walls myself or can I find them somewhere else?

Ok, I have 'Anim8er', and I find that it is very easy to use. But I want to know, how would you go about making a station for your coaster. I mean, I don't know where the track is or how long the station needs to be and things. So how, if possible, would you go about importing your track so you can build your station around the track instead of guessing where things go? Thanks for your help whoever the helper is.

I allways use some supports to outline the station. I check in the sim and it's really trail and error to get those lines correct. If you have that done, you can use those coordinates in anim8or. Make sure that you start on 3ds only when your track and supports are COMPLETELY done.

I don't know, if this has been asked before, but I don't want to read trough 11 pages, so here I goes:

When I open a NL-pack, how can I see the track (building mode), or is it possible at all?

You have to go into the actual No Limits directory on your hard drive and the track should be found under the 'tracks' folder in the directory. Hope that helps!

Mid Course Brake Run, so basically a segment with brakes which splits up the "track"-block and thus enables you to run with 1 more train. The more MCBR's, the more trains can run safely and without stacking.

My nolimits has an insane amount of issues, first of all, i go into the side view and click to add a peice of track, i go into top view and that peice of track happens to be pointing completely sideways, does anybody know why this happens?

My nolimits runs for 5 minutes, the computer freezes, beeps and all the nodes become swirls.

And the same thing happens but the computer restarts.

Does anybody know who to fix these problems?

Alright. I just downloaded the latest version of Anim8or, and I'm not really prepared to read through the 114 pages of instructions. Is there anybody that could explain how to use this system, as I can't really use it until I know how. So, could someone please help?

-EDIT: After a little bit of searching, I found tutorials, and we'll see how they help me. I'll post after I watch them.

^^the first thing is common, just drag it to where you want it, the editor can't read your mind where exactly you want the node to be. As for the second, do you have a screenie or something cos i never heard of it before.

^modelling software is hard to learn, we all had to go trough those huge manuals, because of the enormous possibilities there simply is no 'easy way'

^All right, I gottcha. I've been playing around with it, and am getting better.

I have another question. How do I use theNolimits Terraformer?

Also, I just downloaded Track Packager, and whenever I open a package from someone else, it says something like "application not found". Can someone help?

i do not use terraformer for the pure terraforming, i use the ingame one to make a terrain and then i smooth it out with the filter in the terraformer.

As for the track packager, i believe it has to do with the changes 1.7 made in the track-file-coding-stuff, and now the TP doesn't recognize them any more, or something along those lines, as for now, there isn't a fix for it, Tia has given up gravimetricstudios and we'll have to wait untill somebody else picks it up. Altough it would be nice if NL2 would get such an export function