TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official NoLimits/NL2 Help Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I've never really tried No Limits before, but I'd really like to learn. I got the free download, but have no idea how do figure anything out. I'm completely lost. And when I try to see the premade tracks, it says something like "No graphics card found". What exactly is a graphics card and how do I go about getting one? Should I buy No Limits? Again I'd really love to figure it all out and become good at it, but I just don't know where to start. Any help would be appreciated.

-Nick

I've just got a quick question. Is it easier to build a coaster with lots of small segments, creating the basic layout one segment at a time? Or should you build a really long segment and split it up forming your coaster out of a basic shape?

Also if you would like to create a wooden coaster wtih lots of camelbacks, back to back to back, how do you make the whole series in a straight line. When you use the straight tool "I" it makes the track a straight line. But when you create smaller segments I can never get the track to line up perfectly, while going over hills.

Just some tips from experienced users would be AWESOME

• 2 weeks later...

HI!

I have No Limits 1.6. and with it comes the "Improved Friction".

When I enable the "Improved Friction" function in track type menu, I can't recognize any diffrens in the running of the coaster.

So what is the "Improved Friction function", and does it make the coaster act more realistic then without it.

please answer!

Schotj wrote!:

I've just got a quick question. Is it easier to build a coaster with lots of small segments, creating the basic layout one segment at a time? Or should you build a really long segment and split it up forming your coaster out of a basic shape?

Also if you would like to create a wooden coaster wtih lots of camelbacks, back to back to back, how do you make the whole series in a straight line. When you use the straight tool "I" it makes the track a straight line. But when you create smaller segments I can never get the track to line up perfectly, while going over hills.

I have worked with No limits for two years time...

When i do a coaster I start putting out the layout flat on the surface. I usualy make it as a complete circuit. I use a lot of segments, so that it's easy to start rising it in to a coaster.

Your second Qestions: When i want to have a part of the coaster in a strait line, I put out red nodes (for custom suport) close to the ground and combined them with lines. If you have put the nodes in a strait line, then you would now have a strait line. Then i put on the heartline feature, so that i with ease can place the middle of the track on the line.

DO ALL I TOLD YOU IN "TOP VIEW"!!!

I find it wery annoying when I use (I) to make my track go strait forward; then my nice hill, I just created, becomes a strait line.

I hope No limits will get a tool to make a coaster go strait becoms much easier!

Do you think like I do?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think there is a way to do this, but i figure I'll ask. Is there a way to enter the coordinates for support nodes rather than moving them manually? I set pieces of my track and control points this way and it seems silly that I cannot do the same for support nodes but i cannot find away to do it.

^you can't input coordinates for supports. However, you can use the coordinates just above the screen for the position your mouse is.

HI!

I have No Limits 1.6. and with it comes the "Improved Friction".

When I enable the "Improved Friction" function in track type menu, I can't recognize any diffrens in the running of the coaster.

So what is the "Improved Friction function", and does it make the coaster act more realistic then without it.

please answer!

You might not recognize it, but there is difference. G's get higher, or lower. Speeds change. Most of the time you won't notice it, but i some cases improving the friction can make a train complete or not complete a circuit

Ummm i just got the game, and this gonna sound pretty retarded but how do you do inversions, it keep's bending my track at impossible angles and screwing my coasters. PLEASE HELP!

also how do i make my own supports?

on the inversion part....what inversion are you trying at? loops, corks, barrel rolls?

as for supports. The easiest way is to use prefabs, simply click on a prefab support in the menu and click on the track to place it. You can also place track, free and footer nodes freely, and connect them with tubes

EDIT: if any of you is have difficulty with NL, don't hesitate to add me on msn: bas-houben {@} hetnet.nl and i'll try to help you out

well never mind i figured out inversions, but prefab supports are bothering me, how do you make them custom

you use support nodes:

track-support-nodes - they go onto the track

footer-support-nodes - they go on the terrain/ground/floor

free-support-nodes - they float in the air

and you use tubes or beams to connect the nodes and create support structures

Thanks! for the answer Hyyyper:

You might not recognize it, but there is difference. G's get higher, or lower. Speeds change. Most of the time you won't notice it, but i some cases improving the friction can make a train complete or not complete a circuit

About "Improved Friction"

I guess it does; but does it mean that the coaster becomes

more realistic or not?

Thanks! for the answer Hyyyper:

About "Improved Friction"

I guess it does; but does it mean that the coaster becomes

more realistic or not?

It does. After the woodies were added in NoLimits many people commented on the fact that the woodies, in paticular the GCI's were losing speed to fast. To make an accurate recreation, some people covered the entire track in LIM's to make the speed accurate.

With the "improved friction"-box checked, the coasters slow down with more realism.

Or the short version to your answer: "yes"

Well, I need help to get the exact hight of the top of the ledgers in my NL coaster track. I need it so that i can translate it into my model I build.

I work in "Generate Final" mode. There you can highlight one red ball, go to the top mode and when moving the mouse around, you can see that the "cursor number" (displaying were in the space you are) for Y: are stuck. The number it shows is also the hight of the ball.

You can get the hight of the handrails, no problems...

But when you want the hight of the ledgers, the problems comes.

This is a wire game, wich means that when you go from wires to a piece of wood (in the simulator) it has to "grow" in a sertain way.

There is one ball for the catwalk and one for the ledger, but the later one

But I can't really find out how the ledgers grows and if i can get the exact hight at all?

I hope somebody understands my problem, ask if it's any doubts

Please help!

1569505883_Nodechart.thumb.jpg.12fe4e056b128686511c5ba920e8e40e.jpg

• 4 weeks later...