TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official NoLimits/NL2 Help Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

NoLimits tracks have the file extension of .nltrack. The file you're looking for is in drive C > Program Files > NoLimits Coaster 1.6 > Tracks.

We have a game exchange that you can upload your tracks to - http://themeparkreview.com/game_exchange/

There is also a dedicated NoLimits track exchange on the web - http://nolimits-exchange.com

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone here even knows, but worth a shot.

I model in Maya, in order to get things to go into NL, I have to save them as .OBJ and open them up in lightwave. When I opened up latest object in lightwave, the textures came out in grayscale. Wasn't sure if this was jsut a lightwave bug or an actual problem with the object, so I tried to save it and open it in Nolimits as a cenery object, since that's where it was going anyway.

When I did - There were no textures at all. everything was black. Help!

Ok, So I actually restored my computer to factory this morning in hopes of getting this Demo to work before buying the full version, and it still isn't working. I checked my specs and I have a computer that CAN run this game, so aside from that, when I try to go into the simulator, it gives me this failure that it is not able to create textures(Failed to create texture: Invalid Call), hundreds of those messages come up. I am not sure what is happening. Any help would be appreciated. It's almost like the textures are not downloading with the demo or something.

Not sure if anyone here even knows, but worth a shot.

I model in Maya, in order to get things to go into NL, I have to save them as .OBJ and open them up in lightwave. When I opened up latest object in lightwave, the textures came out in grayscale. Wasn't sure if this was jsut a lightwave bug or an actual problem with the object, so I tried to save it and open it in Nolimits as a cenery object, since that's where it was going anyway.

When I did - There were no textures at all. everything was black. Help!

Are the textures in the same folder as the 3ds object?

Ok, So I actually restored my computer to factory this morning in hopes of getting this Demo to work before buying the full version, and it still isn't working. I checked my specs and I have a computer that CAN run this game, so aside from that, when I try to go into the simulator, it gives me this failure that it is not able to create textures(Failed to create texture: Invalid Call), hundreds of those messages come up. I am not sure what is happening. Any help would be appreciated. It's almost like the textures are not downloading with the demo or something.

If you have an Nvidia graphics card then open up the Nvidia control panel and make sure that your computer is using the dedicated graphics card, the system will default to the integrated graphics in your CPU which seems to have an issue with that (this seems to be limited to older Intel integrated chipsets).

I cant seem to get the in demo tutorials working, there seems to be missing words and letters in the descriptions making it hard to read

can anyone recommend a video tutorial or alternative to getting the basics? so far the only coasters I've designed have been in RCT3

can anyone recommend a video tutorial or alternative to getting the basics? so far the only coasters I've designed have been in RCT3

Play around with it. Seriously. You'd be amazed with how much you discover yourself.

Edited by A.J.

Anyone have any help to offer on No Limits 2 yet? I can't make a proper mid-course break run. I know how to make it straight, but I can't figure out how to make it level (not banked and twisted). I have Roll Vertices at each end that are both at 0 and the center is twisty... I know there must be an easy way to do this, but I cant figure it out. Instead of listing all the different things I've tried, does anyone have an answer?

151075201_TwistyTrack.thumb.png.943adb33a2b3ca3b145e0659a1cc232d.png

Play around with it. Seriously. You'd be amazed with how much you discover yourself.

I second this. Tutorials never help me at all, the only thing I do that helps me learn is just go into every tab, use every option and see what it does...you can't jump into a new program and expect to make a finished product your first try.

If you absolutely NEED something to reference...just search around youtube:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I personally think this tutorial is terrible, but it does display the very basic elements you are asking for medoman.

So, I got this weird problem/bug/whatever you wan to call it.

I made a tunnel object (I solved the problem I was having with importing objects) and the inside of i is dark. I tried using a spotlight from NL's demo items. in the editor it looks fine, but when I leave the editor and urn the coaster, the spotlight is off! Wha...?!

I also tried importing my own objects that emit light, but they didn't even seem to emit light in editor... Help?

I made a park with some custom scenery objects. i saved a park package file of it all, models and textures included. i sent it to someone to test out, he replied saying he got a bunch of errors reading "failed file:" and then the location of the file as it is on my computer. The models showed up but the textures were white.

I'm guessing that its because they'r all .lwo files and in lightwave itself there's the exact address of the texture file as it appears on my computer.

Is there something ICan do to make it so the files show up alright on other people's comps too? Help!

If anyone can help, I have no experience with fixing null pointer exceptions and I have no idea what is causing this:

Exception: NullPointerException

at private void BlockScript.processLift() in line 1614

at public void BlockScript.onNextFrame(float)

at public final void com.nolimitscoaster.Script.run()

I've written two codes for the same coaster that are practically identical, yet one works while the other doesn't. I have the setup to the script ( public bool onInit() ) basically exactly the same between the two. Is there something that causes this to happen? The error says it's occuring during .onNextFrame and mine looks something like this:

public void onNextFrame(float tick)

{

if (mode != FULL_MANUAL_MODE)

{

processLift();

processCoasting1();

processCoasting2();

processWaiting();

processPre2();

processPre1();

processStation2();

processStation1();

processTransfer();

}

etc......

}

All of the variables used in the processes are defined, I've triple checked that. What's odd is when I change the order in .onNextFrame, the error changes to this:

Exception: NullPointerException

at private void BlockScript.processCoasting1()in line 1678

at public void BlockScript.onNextFrame(float)

at public final void com.nolimitscoaster.Script.run()

...which leads me to believe it is a problem with the initialization rather than with the processes...but I've triple checked the entire beginning of the code and everything matches with several codes I've written that work perfectly fine. Am I missing something? Is this a problem with the processes? I can't find any reason anything would end up null. All of the block names return true, the special track returns true, the coaster returns true, "private static bool checkAndSetInitialBlockState" returns true...

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it greatly!

Try moving your objects and textures to the same folder as the NoLimits 2 park. Open your lightwave objects from there and make sure that the textures are mapped to their locations in the folder. See if that helps you.

-Ride_Op

That's jut the thing, though, even the ones that ARE already like that show the error:

Failed file: "C:\Users\Tomi\Documents\com.nolimitscoaster.nolimits2\Sunny Skies Park\atomica.jpg"

and such, wen opened on another computer. As you can see, it's the park's folder, but the address remains the one on my comp.

thanks for the tutorial, just took a bit to get the basics like how to make a lift hill, station etc, thats what I was missing as its not the most intuitive.

being limited to saving 10 vertexes in the demo kinda sucks tho

Here is another tutorial. It is in German, but you can just watch the video to get a good understanding of what is going on. I used this video on a couple of occasions to get through a tough spot.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPf4DeLcAts

Try moving your objects and textures to the same folder as the NoLimits 2 park. Open your lightwave objects from there and make sure that the textures are mapped to their locations in the folder. See if that helps you.

-Ride_Op

That's jut the thing, though, even the ones that ARE already like that show the error:

Failed file: "C:\Users\Tomi\Documents\com.nolimitscoaster.nolimits2\Sunny Skies Park\atomica.jpg"

and such, wen opened on another computer. As you can see, it's the park's folder, but the address remains the one on my comp.

Solution is here.