TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official NoLimits/NL2 Help Thread

You can also save space by starting the 180-degree roll earlier in the element. You don't have to have the train completely inverted at the exact top. Anything beyond a roll of 135 degrees is still an inversion.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a lot. I tried the exactly same proportions as in your illustrations and it worked out perfectly.

Here is the last major problem of this flying/4d trackwork:

This zero-g roll suddenly began to fire off a bunch of lateral g's, apparently after I heartlined it by hand.

I cannot remember exactly what else I did beside pushing the tracks a little bit to the sides just like I do with any other zero g roll,

but maybe I accidentally did something wrong that I am not aware.

I do not really think the main issue is the speed as I do not remember any apparent problems before I tried to heartline it,

and I have tried to elevate this hill a bit but that did not help either

0gxxxx.jpg.0e53ef5daf6c567bc8839fcb42621db0.jpg

4d-130104210703000.thumb.jpg.c17518a5968b264140e3198005b451a9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I did a search and couldn't find anything related so I figure I'd post my issue here.

I am on an iMac, but run VMWare Fusion in order to run Windows as well. My issue is with the Object Creator program. I never had this issue up until now, but for some reason ever since I upgraded my Mac to the latest OSX (And was then forced to upgrade to the latest VMWare), I can no longer select an object (or "brush" if you want to talk in technical object creator terms) as well as any face of that said object in the 3D view. How it worked before was that I would hit the right Control key (or Command key. I really can't remember as it had just become habit of not looking at the keyboard) and click and that would select whatever object or face I so desired. Now it just assumes that I am right clicking and the pointer simply disappears when I click and it puts me in a fly-around view. I have an extra Windows based keyboard and mouse and tried using those to see if that would resolve the issue being that Mac and Windows keyboards are slightly different in in terms of the functions of certain keys, but I only experienced the same issues.

If anyone can fill me in on how to resolve this issue or how you yourself select individual brushes and faces on their computer would be of great help. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I need some newton help. I am working on a re-creation of Viper at Darien Lake and I am stuck on the corkscrews. I'm wondering if there is a good technique to make a double corkscrew where the rotation does not stop in between. Sorry if this is a n00b question.

For Arrow coasters, sometimes I like to use the "cookie cutter" corkscrews. If you don't want to use those, you can use the "continuous roll" setting on the vertices.

Oh, you're doing it in Newton? Right, that flew right over my head.

I've never been on an Arrow coaster with corkscrews, so I'm not sure. One thing that I can tell you is that you'll probably have to play with the laterals a bit to get them shaped correctly.

As for the roll - you're able to go in and change the settings for the maximum roll. Set the max roll to 840 degrees (if you can, I'm not sure what the max roll is), and you'll be able to get a smooth roll through both corkscrews, probably 720 degrees or so. Go multi-zone force with a single subsection of roll locked through the entire section.

Edited by A.J.

The thing about arrow corkscrews is that they are designed geometrically, and not by forces like a B&M corkscrew. Therefore, recreating them accurately in Newton will be next to impossible, unfortunately. If you are willing to learn another program, FVD++ actually has geometric design capabilities, and I think that would work a whole lot better. It is very similar to Newton, actually, so you shouldn't have trouble picking it up.

I keep trying to record in NL, but the videos I keep making at 1080 always end up being an OBSCENE amount of memory. Like six seconds = 1 GB. Anyone know if there's a way to reduce this bloated video size?

What resolution is your recording? You could try to reduce all the graphics settings to 800x600 and such to minimize the amount of data needed.

I keep trying to record in NL, but the videos I keep making at 1080 always end up being an OBSCENE amount of memory. Like six seconds = 1 GB. Anyone know if there's a way to reduce this bloated video size?

Well if you intend to record at 1080, then no. AVI has little to no compression. You'll need an outside video editing program to convert to a more compressed video type such as mp4.

Alright, So yes I'm new to NL. And I just discovered it a week ago and I've become addicted to a game that seems to have already started its decline into the dark internet abyss. And I'm a noob and blahblah.

I'm in my 6th year of college, and my 3d year of Architectural roller coaster engineering. So I might be a noob at "no limits", but I know a thing or two about the dimensional physics of a projectile object traveling at its terminal track velocity within safety regulation.

And I thought "Wow cool! Why didn't I look this up sooner? I can design rollercoasters and share them and have people comment wow!"

And now... There's something called "Coaster Sims Park Pack". And it's impossible to find anywhere.

And I need it, to look at rollercoasters that I want to look at and such.

Is there anyone who could maybe email it to me or direct me to an actual working download link?

And maybe give me a whole bunch of things that work with No limits?

It's such a great program, and it's a shame it seems to be on its decline.

The CoasterSims Park Pack is nothing more than a bunch of 3DS objects that you can place into the modeling space.

You would be better off going to the TPR Game Exchange or the NoLimits Exchange to download some tracks.

Also, there's a Kindle book that teaches the basics of the program.

As AJ stated, the park pack is simply 3ds objects, and is not necessary to view roller coasters, and he also provided links to places where you can browse and download roller coasters and other things related to the program. There isn't a "download everything" link. I suggest browsing these sites to find what you're looking for, they are very helpful. If you are looking for something specific, we'd be happy to provide links to certain things.

Unfortunately, coastersims is out of service and the Park Pack isn't available anymore.

How do you make a straight/good lift hill?

Probably n00bish I know but mine are always way too steep.

I adjust it but that messed up the bottom curve. Tired making it follow the grid (like up 1 over 1, up 1 over 2, repeat) but it's quite painstaking.

Is it this tedious? There must be a way to make straight lifts simply.

How do you make a launch track? I can't seem to find that anywhere.

It's the yellow transport track. Just turn up the speed to whatever you want it to go and turn the acceleration to around 2G.

How do you make a straight/good lift hill?

Probably n00bish I know but mine are always way too steep.

I adjust it but that messed up the bottom curve. Tired making it follow the grid (like up 1 over 1, up 1 over 2, repeat) but it's quite painstaking.

Is it this tedious? There must be a way to make straight lifts simply.

The straighten track tool, or short cut "I" will help a ton. This is what I do for my lifts. Curve a top and bottom section, then use the "I" shortcut to straighten out the track in the middle. Wherever the 2 nodes are for that track piece, that's where it'll straighten it out at. It may adjust the track on the other side of the nodes as a forewarning, but it won't move them unless you have multiple sections selected.

2013-03-17_00005.thumb.jpg.380782932bfef8b1392db2c821a9f24e.jpg

Here's how I normally do my lift hills in NoLimits

How do you make a launch track? I can't seem to find that anywhere.

It's the yellow transport track. Just turn up the speed to whatever you want it to go and turn the acceleration to around 2G.

2Gs isn't typical. I would realistically go with around 1.6.