TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official NoLimits/NL2 Help Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe you actually can. Most recreations you see of the Arrow shuttles on Youtube is through editing.

Perhaps the simplest way is to have the reverse track not actually reverse at all, but to have it at a slight incline, wherein it only the rear half is inclined but just enough to get it down from the platform. Then have invisible LIMs at the bottom of that drop to help it through the loop and the same for the rise to the station. Place them so that it won't have *much* (it's asking too much for them to have no effect) effect on the trip forward. Have the settings on the segments set so that there's no obvious change.

Tell me how this works-I'm not sure it'll be 100% perfect. The real issue with this design in NL is that the platform is flat and there's supposed to be a reverse launch. With a ride like Freeze this is little issue.

Hey guys, I am trying to recreate Diamond Back at Frontier city, but I have NO IDEA how to make the reverse launch, Really could use some help. Thanks!

So, the key with Arrow shuttles in NL is that your station is actually your reversing point. Thus, you have to built the ride in reverse, starting with the brake section as your origin, and the station as the end. For the reverse launch, you place a small piece of lift hill down after the station, then a transport section. Be sure to have the cable lift and release options checked.

1574908075_ScreenShot2012-06-08at9_40_55AM.png.d1070819c13c98e144c1d6c2c4df4f27.png

Then, at the origin, use a brake segment and a launch. When placing the transport segment after the brake section, make sure that the train will not accelerate when it enters the transport section from the loop.

2144115009_ScreenShot2012-06-08at9_42_59AM.thumb.png.4e3c2939776348aaaafbee902a79c966.png

Again, this means that the brake segment is your actual station and the station segment is the reverse point.

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

On my RMC coaster I let the coaster go up the lift that is made of station segments to hide the ties. I E stop it while it is part way up the lift and the whole train rolls back into the station and stops. But when I release the E stop ALL of the lap bars fly up and the train completes the circuit as normal. The lift does not stop the train at all even with the lap bars up. So all the riders get ejected from the train when it pulls any ejector airtime.

518668220_RMCCoaster-120621232246001.jpg.0772d072fef9c717486b480263626a1a.jpg

38420080_RMCCoaster-120621232200000.jpg.192750bd82efece9e13cc5a3e1a23644.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

need some help guys. I need to redownload the nolimits software but can't find it. All I'm locating is the demo. Anyone know where the full game is downloadable. I have my reg and username just don't know where to download.

To my knowledge, each NoLimits download link is unique and expires after a set amount of time. However, if you have a buddy who has the installer, you can literally install it on your computer and use your own code.

Edited by A.J.

Bought the game a couple of weeks ago, have gotten used to it and belted out a few decent though pretty simple coasters and my biggest question is this:

How do you guys tweak?

Is it as simple, and painful, as going node by node?

Like I have a whole coaster, and some parts are not perfect, so I adjust it but that throws the rest off. Is all you can really do just take that laborious time?

I had a feeling it may be painstaking but wow!

Hoping somebody out there has an answer for me. I haven't played with NL for a few months now and during that time I got a new computer hoping it would run the simulator better. When I went to install and tried entering the key I got with the purchase I got a message saying the key is no longer valid. Is there a way to recover the key or do I just have to program again? I don't really have an issue with buying it again but I'd like to avoid it if I could.

That's strange. If I recall correctly, I was able to use my same key twice; once on an older Lenovo desktop and once again on my Windows 7 partition on my Macbook. I know that the download link that you get when you purchase the application expires, but I thought that the key was good permanently.

Odd, I used my old key and was able to get it to work, however they sent me and old version which means if I wanted 8 (which I had paid for) I had to repurchase at a discounted (15.00) price...

• 3 weeks later...

When you click on a 3DS object in the editor, clicking and dragging the cyan-colored dot will let you make it larger or smaller.

Edited by A.J.

• 1 month later...

When you look to the far end of the coaster, the supports are very blurry even though I have the resolution at 800x600. I tried a higher resolution but it didn't help. I tried putting the LOD to very far but that did not help either. Is that blurry look to that end of the coaster a fault of No Limits and will be fixed in No Limits 2?

Starliner-120923170004000.jpg.b6926e885ab89c7cfdb36cc59350f654.jpg

• 3 weeks later...