TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official NoLimits/NL2 Help Thread

If you click a blue track node, you can edit the banking by clicking on the banking buttons in the top-right of the screen.

You can either add or subtract 45, 10 or 1 degrees. Also, it is wise to turn on con-roll for non-brake/station/lift segments.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi.

I have a question about the exchange

A lot of the tracks i've tried to download either let me save and then say that it takes up 0 bytes and won't let me open it in the Simulator or Editor. The other thing it will do is say it is in some other location. When you try to download it would normally in the three boxes say Open Save or Cancel but in this case it says Find Save or Cancel.

Can someone help me out???????

Hey everyone! I need help from any Apple users out there with the Mac version of No Limits. Just to clarify, I have the most recent update of the program. Please see below:

I've been using the Mac version of No Limits for two years now but am unhappy with a couple functions that are counter-productive compared to the Windows version that I had previously used. Can someone please help me? Maybe I'm missing something.

In the Windows version, after double clicking on any axis, you have the ability to tab between the various X, Y and Z fields and manually enter any value directly for height, length, etc. In the Mac version, however, it will not allow you to type that value directly, especially one with a period like "52.25". It requires much trial and error...highlighting and backspacing. Why can't Mac users just type "52.25" in the field and the value be entered correctly? Am I doing something wrong?

Regarding AVI Export, I have been wanting to post some coasters on Youtube. Unfortunately, when I do the export, the file is GIGANTIC and canot be uploaded to Youtube. I've tried resetting all of the video settings to the lowest possible settings of quality but the file is still HUGE. Furthermore, I cannot even view the video on my Macbook because the file type cannot be played on any Mac video software. What??? I am furious. Please help! Thank you!

AVI's are generally large files. I'd edit the video a little using iMovie, then directly use the "direct upload to YouTube function" (or something like that). If that function doesn't exist (it's been a while since I used iMovie...I just use Vegas on my PC nowadays), export it to a YouTube friendly format. I think of AVI's as the BMP's of videos (aka higher quality but they take a long time to load), and other formats like WMV as JPEG's (in that they are quick loads and have good quality). My latest videos use WMV and they are high-definition videos that look great.

I don't know about the other issue though...I use a PC for my NoLimiting.

The manual adjustment thing is, unfortunately, a flaw. I'm not sure what the problem is with it. I don't ever use the manual adjustment anyway.

The manual adjustment thing is, unfortunately, a flaw. I'm not sure what the problem is with it. I don't ever use the manual adjustment anyway.

That blows! Well, I have to use the manual adjustments because I'm anal everything being in line. So what are you doing? Are you freely placing and adjusting the nodes by hand? Or is there something else? Thanks!

I adjust the nodes on-screen using the left/right views for height, and the top view for position. I usually place nodes using the snap set at .625 feet and the grid set at 5 feet. However, when I go to smooth a few sections of track, I keep snap off so the smoothing is precise as possible.

I adjust the nodes on-screen using the left/right views for height, and the top view for position. I usually place nodes using the snap set at .625 feet and the grid set at 5 feet. However, when I go to smooth a few sections of track, I keep snap off so the smoothing is precise as possible.

The "snap" settings do not work for me either. I have adjusted and readjusted them but it changes nothing. Any ideas? I have the grid set at 5 feet and that seems to work...but the snap feature does not work. Thanks AJ!

So, I have NL 1.8 now and had some issues after I upgraded, but got everything working again. Just now though, I downloaded a couple track packs and now I can't get the track packager (1.5) to work properly. It says it installs them, but I cant find the tracks anywhere. And when I try to change the NL root folder location, it acts like it changed it, but then when I try again, it goes right back to how it was before (which is NoLimits Coasters v1.6/update/v1.7/backup). For some reason, it will NOT stay set where I want it at just /NoLimits Coasters v1.6.

The "snap" settings do not work for me either. I have adjusted and readjusted them but it changes nothing. Any ideas? I have the grid set at 5 feet and that seems to work...but the snap feature does not work. Thanks AJ!

Another flaw with NoLimits Mac is that you cannot easily tell when snap is on or off. There are two places where you can toggle snap -

nlsnap.thumb.png.0ac7fc85585c56566bddcc05a5ad4507.png

Under "display" (or by using command 0), and on the toolbar (but you have to customize it and put the icon on yourself).

The menu item under "display" is the only way you can tell if snap is on (check = on).

Edited by A.J.

So, I have NL 1.8 now and had some issues after I upgraded, but got everything working again. Just now though, I downloaded a couple track packs and now I can't get the track packager (1.5) to work properly. It says it installs them, but I cant find the tracks anywhere. And when I try to change the NL root folder location, it acts like it changed it, but then when I try again, it goes right back to how it was before (which is NoLimits Coasters v1.6/update/v1.7/backup). For some reason, it will NOT stay set where I want it at just /NoLimits Coasters v1.6.

Are you using mac or PC?

To me, it looks like the track extractor/packager no longer works on macs with Lion.

^ Vista. And I got it working now. I just removed that weird "backup" folder. Everything seems to work fine with out it (I do have it saved elsewhere just in case). One of the packages installed normally, the other, I had to manually break it down and put stuff in the right folders because it only installed half of the items.

I upgraded to OSX Lion the day it came out, and is definitely the best OS I've ever used. With one exception, no rosetta (powerPC) support. Albeit nothing has used rosetta since 2004, the pack extractor does.

So, does anyone know a way around this? (and no Im not going to downgrade)I recently downloaded some tracks that I can't open and would like to. Thanks

Hi.

I have a question about the exchange

A lot of the tracks i've tried to download either let me save and then say that it takes up 0 bytes and won't let me open it in the Simulator or Editor. The other thing it will do is say it is in some other location. When you try to download it would normally in the three boxes say Open Save or Cancel but in this case it says Find Save or Cancel.

Can someone help me out??????

Does anyone know who to fix this

It seems one of my problems was not having the Track Packager. That solves the Find Save Cancel option. However what do i do with Zip Files i can't seem to open these and i still am having the other problem which i listed above

Can anyone help me???

I have a question for people that are experienced in using Newton2

I just got No Limits last night (I've had the full game before on my old laptop and was fairly experienced in hand building, not the best, but I could make decent rides) and Newton is really easy.

I made a vertical loop and I wanted a zero g roll to follow it, but when I made it, it didn't come out smooth, there was a jolt and pump in between the bottom of the loop and the beginning of the Zero G Roll? How can I fix that?

You need to make sure everything in Newton is above the ground. When you construct in Newton and you have a track section that would go below the flat ground level, it creates it as if the ground isn't there. But when you import it into NoLimits, if there are sections that would go below the flat ground level, they'll jolt because they can't go any lower.

It seems one of my problems was not having the Track Packager. That solves the Find Save Cancel option. However what do i do with Zip Files i can't seem to open these and i still am having the other problem which i listed above

Can anyone help me???

That sounds like a computer (or personal) problem. You should go somewhere else for that. I heard of this neat website that you can find anything in. Is it "google eyes"? No. Is it "goggles?" Uhh...no. I don't remember what it is.

Edited by A.J.