TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Eat a live cockroach and skip to the front of Titan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not exactly down for that but..

I could definately see Benzo all over this one. Heck he probaly come back for seconds.

Cool! I would do that if it were at SFGAm. Although, SFGAm doesnt have anything really worth skipping a line for.

'cept V2! - what are you on?

Someone should alert the Food Network. They need to include this in their best food show.

A cockroach probably could qualify as some of the best food at most Six Flags parks.

rbpia

"What you just ate a roach, well then, that coke just went from $3.50 to $10. It's all supply and demand here at the new Six Flags!"

Im not exactly down for that but..

I could definately see Benzo all over this one. Heck he probaly come back for seconds.

Cool! I would do that if it were at SFGAm. Although, SFGAm doesnt have anything really worth skipping a line for.

'cept V2! - what are you on?

Yes....but I dont ride V2 if there is more then a 15 min wait anyway

I'd do it.

Well, I can't since I'm not 18, but I definitely would if I could.

My guess is you wouldn't do it because the only thing you get at Elitches is a pass to the front of the Brutal Planet line... I've never known that to be more than like 10 minutes anyway so why? Besides the rest of your group would have to do it too...

I have to say the Elitch Gardens promo for this is lame... Of course I would be pissed if people were skipping in front of me a lot on most rides...

Gotta love at how many say they'd do it, but half of them would chicken out once the thing was crawling on their hand.

I've eaten one of these things, live, and I can honestly say, NOT worth a roller coaster ride. It was, however, worth the $1000 I won for eating it. It DOES NOT taste like chicken. LOL

NOW if they could have a stunt like THIS, they should just hand over the person who does it an entire life-time pass to ANY Six Flags park. And more. Free everything. Free food. Free drinks. Free Flash Pass.

Id eat it..why not? Ive eaten squid and such...so im not too worried

Was the squid alive and squirming in your hands and in your mouth before you crunched into it? Or was it cooked? These 3-inch long hissing horned roaches have to be eaten live in order for you to bypass the attraction line and to get that free t-shirt. It's not like these are pan-fried and sauteed roaches. You have to pick one up out of the tank with your hands as it's squirming around and eat it while it's still alive.

But I must say, it's a brilliant idea on SFOT's part. It'll be interesting to see how many people take the challenge.

Over Texas is just only one of 12 Six Flags parks partcipiating in this Roach Eating promotion --- with Great America's event standing out above the other 11 parks as the Gurnee park attempts to lure a potential strong stomach on the 29th of October to break the current world record of the most hissing roaches eaten in a minute...36 roaches. If successful, the new record holder will be given four complimentary 2007 Six Flags season passes and VIP treatment for every visit.

As for how many people will take the challenge...it's been done before. According to this article, Wild Waves & Enchanted Village did it last year and they actually RAN OUT of roaches. There are more brave people out there than you think.

i would eat an average/smallish sized one, but not something that big.

It's the size of it that scares you? Not the horns all over their body and the shrill hissing noise they make when you pick them up and contemplate crunching on them?

Gotta love at how many say they'd do it, but half of them would chicken out once the thing was crawling on their hand.

I've eaten one of these things, live, and I can honestly say, NOT worth a roller coaster ride. It was, however, worth the $1000 I won for eating it. It DOES NOT taste like chicken. LOL

Yea, I can imagine. I ate one of those crickets in a bug pop. Tasted like death. I imagine this won't be much different, although since its larger there would be more death tastieness.

I wouldn't do that for two reasons.

1. I'd never eat a live cockroach....that's nasty...mabye a dead cooked one.

2. Titan is the same thing as Goliath at SFMM (I'm still holding a grudge against that ride), except it has 2 helixes or pain, death and misery. Never will I go on that. MABYE I'll try Goliath in like a year ot two.