TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World Blog

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow, this is making me get my hopes up way too early. I don't know what to expect, but anything that is said to be "big, really big" is ridiculously exciting. I'm with Elissa and hoping for something steel. This park could really use it. Am I speculating too much too early?

Launched inverting wooden coaster! Ok, seriously, I know nothing about Holiday World, but it seems they are not too keen on going above the tree line. An Intamin Hyper Coaster would do that. But who knows? Intamin have proven with Kanonen that they can pack quite alot of 'oomph' into a very small area.

^to be adventrous, and to try something different. remember that enthusiasts make up very little presentage of the people who visit amusement parks so were not really who their looking to please. but anything we think it is is purely speculation, unless Will Koch is posting what the big expansion is.

~Zach

I wouldn't mind then getting a GCI terrain twister, actually. It's a woodie, yes, but the park is GOOD at woodies, so why branch off from what they know?

Yeah Holiday world has great woodies, and for that sole reason they won't build a GCI . Am I the only one that thinks the phrase TERRAIN GCI is an oxymoron? I mean Thunderhead does not utilize the terrain 1/8 of what Raven and Legend do, since Thunderhead is just sitting in a shallow valley and Legend and raven run through the forest (raven more than legend)........... I'm sorry I personally hope they do not add a GCI, while i simply LOVE Ozark Wildcat I just don't think a GCI would fit HW at all.

In reality I could care less about what they add, no matter what they add I'm going to go every single year.

I think the reason they should get a steal coaster over a wooden one is because they no longer care about enthusiasts, they care about the GP. The GP says things like "it aint got no loops" or "I wish we could go to SFKK instead, they have bigger upsidedown coasters". Seriously, Robb and I have seen and heard these conversations!

Elissa "eh, like I said...XGForce or nothing!" Alvey

Let's keep in mind what exactly Holiday World's description of "big" is...

I wouldn't mind then getting a GCI terrain twister, actually. It's a woodie, yes, but the park is GOOD at woodies, so why branch off from what they know?

Because if they are that good with wood, think of what they could do with steel .

^^Considering it's Holiday World, I wouldn't think they have enough money to do anything HUGE with steel. Which is the only reason I'm staying safe with woodie, because unless they had THAT good of a year(and I don't know if they were THAT succesful) then in order for it to be "Big" it'd still have to be a woodie to not be as expensive.

Really, if they got a steel, it would make me happy if they got a custom Gerstlaur Boblsleigh or spinner. I'm pretty sure Gerstlaur could have some fun with a terrain ride there.

Highly doubt it'll be a GCII, since they recently signed deal with Gravity Group after the CCI fallout to maintain the Raven and Legend .. and seeing as how Larry Bill and group did Raven and Legend, why would they go somewhere else?

A smaller INTAMIN hyper or new GG coaster would be very nice.

I wouldnt say they dont care about us anymore as much as them trying to get some distance from what happened and hosting Stark Raven Mad in May would not help. I think they will welcome us back next year, but I think SRM is dead. Maybe something in the fall??

I think they will spend more money than people think they have. Part of taking that next step attendance wise is to be daring and bold. The way to do that is to drop 6-10 million on something spectacular. I can see another wooden coaster in that park, but the GP would probably consider it a waste since they already have two them almost side by side. I can DEFINITELY see a launched S&S ride similar to powder keg blasting through the backwoods of the park. Those are about in their price range and give them another family attraction. Imagine blasting off on Santa's sleigh for a kickass ride through the woods to get those presents to the kiddies.

I could also see them adding a new area, maybe a birthday zone. Some people consider their birthday holidays Also, it would suprise me if the park went the resort route and added a themed hotel. There is one solitary hotel in Santa Claus and another hotel would increase the multiple day visitors from out of town.

I guess we will find out in about 6 weeks. That is very close to when we will be there on the trek. Which ever way they go, I am sure it will help the park cross that 1 million mark in attendance.

Chris

I'll be honest the only coaster enthusiasts they care about is me and people like me, no matter what happens to them, no matter if there are no events we will still be back the next year. How many coaster enthusiasts didn't go to Holiday World last year because they didn't have Stark Raven Mad?

I think HW has hit that point where they either have to choose to try and become a destination park or cut down on their building. I think it is fairly clear what they seem to have chosen and they really need to go after it. Satisfying just the locals and coaster enthusiasts won't do it. Hopefully they will be careful in what they add. I think they don't have the budget to go with something from B&M but maybe a small intamin might work. Anyway it will be interesting.

It is possible that it will be another wooden coaster but for some reason the GP seems to be down on wooden coasters and prefer essentially forceless steels...

I think the reason they should get a steal coaster over a wooden one is because they no longer care about enthusiasts, they care about the GP. The GP says things like "it aint got no loops" or "I wish we could go to SFKK instead, they have bigger upsidedown coasters". Seriously, Robb and I have seen and heard these conversations!

Elissa "eh, like I said...XGForce or nothing!" Alvey

but GeForce doesn't have any loops either so who would they be pleasing then?

I think if you put a GeForce in ANY park with loopers, the Gp could tell the difference between a looper and the awesomness of GeForce. All the hills (GP loves airtime you know) overbanked turns, more airtime, LOTS of positive G's. I definatly think it would pass a GP test anywhere in the states.

Well, lets think major holidays that could be made to new areas...

-Valentine's Day would be a little hard to make rides and stuff around.

-Thanksgiving could work kinda... can you Sally dark ride turkey shoot? haha

-New Years could kinda be counted as a holiday...

-Arbor Day would work cause they like trees... a lot. Or Earth Day, meh beh.

Really, Holidays are harder to theme around succesfully then you would think, I guess...

Cupids' Chariot huh? I just hope they don't put in a pink woodie. Prolly not considering their in a red state and all but still.

What about a groovy Morgan Mine train with lots of tunnels and trenches? Most mine trains kinda suck, but anyone who's ridden Quicksiler Express knows what the modern mine train is capable of.

Maybe theme it after the mine where they harvest those candy hearts. And they could tie the whole land together with a cherub skyway.

J "Still think they need a Devils Night section" J