TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most forceful coaster you've been on.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Batman the Ride in the front seat has some really powerful positive g's.

Mindbender's "third loop" helix was the only part of the ride where I could not keep my hands up. I think the ride's 5.4 g section is through the bottom of that helix, and the g's are slightly less going into the vertical loops. I may be wrong about that, though.

I thought that Face/OFF was way too intense, especially going around the second time. That ride is nothing but strong positive g's the whole time. I had my eyes closed going backwards during the second half, because I didn't even want to know if I was greying/blacking out. I'm sure Deja Vu is pretty much the same, only more sustained.

As for negative g's, Magnum XL and Georgia Cyclone's 4th drop in the back seat are definitely the most intense that I have ridden.

^I agree on Batman(SFOG), I grey out everytime on the loops. BTW, I noticed that Batman has gotten a little rough. The last time I rode it, I was in the front, and I had some headbanging through the last corkscrew. Has anyone else noticed this?

It might just be the fact that a corkscrew is just an odd inversion to enter, there should be some headbanging.

I got tunnel vision once on Goliath's helix. It was half cool/half scary.

The pull-out of Tatsu's Pretzel is crazy, too. B:TR is always intense.

You know I think I heard that Titan was basically a Goliath clone but with the extra upward helix... If my ride was any indication the upwards helix before the MCBR is much more mean than the helix past the MCBR. I have honestly never felt uncomfortable with sustained G-forces on a coaster before that moment... It really hurt... One of the few times I've gotten off a coaster and not wanted to go again.

Batman the Ride in the front seat has some really powerful positive g's.

Mindbender's "third loop" helix was the only part of the ride where I could not keep my hands up. I think the ride's 5.4 g section is through the bottom of that helix, and the g's are slightly less going into the vertical loops. I may be wrong about that, though.

I thought that Face/OFF was way too intense, especially going around the second time. That ride is nothing but strong positive g's the whole time. I had my eyes closed going backwards during the second half, because I didn't even want to know if I was greying/blacking out. I'm sure Deja Vu is pretty much the same, only more sustained.

As for negative g's, Magnum XL and Georgia Cyclone's 4th drop in the back seat are definitely the most intense that I have ridden.

I don't remember any G's in the helix. The loops were extremly forceful. I think MindBender has a design flaw. If you sit in the first row of the fourth car, you don't feel any positive G's but you still feel the airtime.

^I agree on Batman(SFOG), I grey out everytime on the loops. BTW, I noticed that Batman has gotten a little rough. The last time I rode it, I was in the front, and I had some headbanging through the last corkscrew. Has anyone else noticed this?

I have also noticed this. It happens to me in both corks actually. It just slams your ear into the OTSR which does not feel to good. Other than that though, the ride is very smooth.

The first overbank on Millenium Force is pretty intense, I along with quite a few other people grey out on it...either that or riding Invertigo at PKI, going backwards through the loop in the last car.

Raptor's helix was pretty intense the very first time I rode it in about 99, but since then I've never found it to be much of anything. Mantis also has some pretty strong Gs in the back car, enough to cause pain in the legs.

Never ride Batman: The Ride in the last car 3 times in a row. There is a buttload of force going threw those loops.

I have rode Batman la Fuga (madrid) for 6 times in a row on the backseat, never had a problem with the g-forces, till I got out of my seat. I couldn't stand anymore on my legs because of the G forces, was quite a weird experience to be hounest!

Haha I had the same experience after 2 rides in a row. I thought the corkscrews where more forcefull than those loopings though

im not a bigtime traveler (cant stop going to Disney!) but i have to say that the Thunderbolt at Kennywood gets harder for me to ride every year.....

those old wooden coasters are awesome. a friend of mine broke a few ribs one year at the school picnic when she held her arms up and it threw her against the side...YIKES!

Nancy