TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Atlantis Adventure POV - Intamin AquaTrax

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, never knew this ride had an LSM lift with its launch. Say maybe Maverick is an Aquatrax after all )

Wow, that was a pretty terrible POV. But.....

You know, it's funny......those of you who have watched that video....wouldn't you say that Maverick is closer to the Aqua Trax than a rocket coaster? It's got a LSM lift, an indoor launch section, and a bunch of low to the ground elements.....

Interesting.....

--Robb "Perhaps there was a 1/2 truth to that Aqua Trax rumor after all." Alvey

^ I think if you look at the profiles between Atlantis, Maverick, and Calif Screamin, CA Screamin' seems to be a much bigger scale in the sense that everything it does seems to be made for a large train in mind. Whereas both Maverick and Atlantis seem to be a bit "tighter", lower to the ground, and probably require a much smaller train/ride vehicle for some of the elements.

IMO, the only thing that CA Screamin has in common is that it has both a launch and a non-chain lift.

I could totally imagine an Aqua Trax vehicle going around the Maverick circuit. I couldn't see one on California Screamin'.

--Robb

honestly i just find the entire aquatrax concept a total hoax. it's just like any other coaster only close to the ground.

the matterhorn bobsleds at disneyland have more interaction with water than the aquatrax does, and it's ocnsidered a normal coaster. the train there actually touches the water. however, in the aquatrax coaster, the track itself is never submerged. at best it is in light contact with some water. its basically a rocket coaster with oddly shaped cars and atlantis theming. no splashing involved.

^ That's what everyone was saying in the CP 07 thread from day one, an "aquatrax" doesn't mean water, it's only the name of the ride system, and I agree that it does appear to have been designed at least with some aquatrax knowledge used.

-James "It's close enough that TheArchfiend doesn't have to change his name afterall." Dillaman

^^^ See this picture I took:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig1646.htm?picture=21

There's still a T-bar, but your legs are spread out. It's supposed to make you feel like you are on a jetski. I didn't get on the d@mn thing on either of the two times I went to Lotte World. The first time, it tested empty all day. The second time it was down for a week for maintenance.

Given the speed of the second lifthill on Atlantis Adventure, judging by the video on here, and the speed that Maverick's train ascends the first lifthill in the rendered video, I can't help wondering why the ride designers/parks are wasting money and power on an LSM lift compared to Intamin's cable lift system.

The cable lifts I've seen in videos seem to be pretty speedy so does anyone know if the park is actually saving money or gaining some reliability in using LSMs on such short lifthills?

Given the speed of the second lifthill on Atlantis Adventure, judging by the video on here, and the speed that Maverick's train ascends the first lifthill in the rendered video, I can't help wondering why the ride designers/parks are wasting money and power on an LSM lift compared to Intamin's cable lift system.

The cable lifts I've seen in videos seem to be pretty speedy so does anyone know if the park is actually saving money or gaining some reliability in using LSMs on such short lifthills?

probably. though speed is not the issue here. au contraire, too much speed would give the 95 degree drop some G forces that might be alittle higher than what they're aiming for.

I think it's more a reliability issue. Less moving parts = less stuff that can break.

-James "Simple is usually better" Dillaman

I think it's more a reliability issue. Less moving parts = less stuff that can break.

Yes, because LIMs and LSMs are known for their reliabil-- *Gets run over by a rolled back train*

Yes, because LIMs and LSMs are known for their reliabil-- *Gets run over by a rolled back train*

Thats true also. But maybe that random straightaway before the lift has some sort of brake mechanism that activates if the train rolls back.

Anyway, like almost everybody else said, Maverick is much like AA.

Better for the people on the ride that the train rolls back to a brake section before the hill than stops on the hill. You don't need to evac from the lift that way. We had to do an evac from the first lift on Beast once, and let me tell you, people were freaked out and we had to try hard to keep them all calm. The GP just doesn't like walking down lifthills.

-James Dillaman

The Koreans have it good, I tell ya. They have the only Aqua Trax around...

Well, the only TRUE Aqua Trax. Maverick just doesn't have a lot of water.

I guess rollbacks on an Aqua Trax may be less common then on a real Launched coaster, since the LSM's aren't made to thrust something at an insane speed for the lift.

Thanks so much for this. Have never been able to find any videos of this before...

Especially interesting for me, as there are some heavy rumours going 'round that my home park, Tivoli Gardens here in Copenhagen, Denmark, may be getting an Aqua Trax within the next couple of years... Representatives from Tivoli have apparently been to Lotte World 3 times to try Atlantis Adventure.

But the ride has apparently been down every time, so perhaps this will have put them off buying one...

Or does anyone know whether Lotte World are generally crap at maintaining their rides...

I thought the whole point of LSM's is that they actually won't allow rollbacks.

I don't know the technicals of it but how it's set-up the cars aren't allowed to go the other direction with LSMs so there is no need for a braking zone or anti-rollback device on the lift. But with LIMs it won't stop the car and will allow it to rollback.

Atleast this is what I've read if anybody can confirm this or add more insight it would be appreciated.