TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Halloween Horror Nights Returns to Universal Hollywood

“We’re BAAACCKKK”…. Halloween Horror Nights returns to Universal Studios Hollywood this year striking fear at the heart of “The Entertainment Capital of L.A.”……wanted to give you an update as we're quickly approaching the Halloween season.

Fear strikes at the heart of “The Entertainment Capital of L.A.” as Universal Studios Hollywood employs the incomparable resources of the world’s largest movie studio, the birthplace of the horror genre, to present “Halloween Horror Nights.” The production will redefine the “live” Halloween event and allow the public to have pedestrian access to the backlot for the first time in the studio’s 93 years of operation.

“Halloween Horror Nights” will incorporate the twisted concepts of “The Director,” a mysterious horror genre auteur whose warped vision caused him to be officially banned from the Universal lot. “The Director” has sworn revenge on the studio and has vowed that his production will go on, with or without the blessings of Universal executives.

For the first time in the studio’s history, guests will be permitted to disembark the “Terror” Tram and parade through such original movie film sets as “War of the Worlds,” Psycho House and Bates Motel, newly peppered with a disturbing display of blood-thirsty Zombies and unspeakable creatures. The journey will provide a gruesome yet vividly memorable experience.

From the moment guests enter “Halloween Horror Nights,” they’ll be struck by its raw intensity. Uniquely themed Horror Zones -- pockets of terror – will appear throughout the theme park, each with its own array of Zombies and “scareactors.” A strong constitution will be a guest’s prerequisite. The weak-spirited may need to reconsider. As guests weave their way through the theme park, they’ll find there’s no reprieve as they encounter more and more Zombies at every twist and turn.

Universal Studios Hollywood’s “Halloween Horror Nights” will extend over seven nights beginning Friday the 13th of October and continue on October 14, 20-21, 27-28 and on Halloween, October 31.

Here are some video clips to get you excited:

Halloween Horror Nights The Director : Take One

A needle through his face!

For more event information:

www.halloweenhorrornights.com/hollywood/eventinfo.html

Also check out The Director's own Myspace:

profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=98447814

hhndirector.jpg.2376d661512233e7d796cee9b7589c6f.jpg

"The Director"

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^I should hope so, as they're really depending on him for this event.

I think it should be interesting. The best bit will be the tram, as you will be dropped off at specific locations in the backlot (I'm pretty sure this info is accurate), where there are scareators everywhere, some dressed as guests. There should be some great entertainment, including Chucky's Insultorium. I think it will be a great event for the area, and it should go off quite well. I think that next year's will blow this one out of the water, though.

Ya I totally can't wait for this. I'm trying to make the trip down next month to check it.

I do wonder though, if the backlot is just gonna be a large scarezone or will there be a particular maze or path.

From what I've heard, the backlot sets will be considered a maze of sorts. There's supposed to be two other mazes; an asylum and a classic monster maze in the Van Helsing building. They'll probably just stick Frankenstein and the Mummy in there and pretend it's different.

^Cool so am I! Should be interesting...

Yeah, while this is a much smaller event than HHN in Florida, I'm really looking forward to it!

We'll probably try and do a TPR group on one of the nights!

What date are you guys thinking of? Maybe I can make it (if it's the 14th lol) (I've always wanted to go to HHN with TPR).

Ooh anyways The Director is one of my friends on Myspace and it's freaky cuz if you comment him, he'll (probably) comment you back talking to you like a close friend! You can even ask him a few personal questions....It's strange, but awesome! He's looking forward to seeing me, well, us, in the backlot.

I've yet to do the one in Fla, but I can see this expanding to more of the backlot and soundstages to become just as scary in Hollywood if it is a success this year. Why was it canceled in the past?

I just wonder if HHN Fla will go back to IoA and/or both parks next year...

I saw his myspace and...Oh goodness...This guy is creepy...It makes wonder whether it's all for show or for real...

I saw it too, I don't think it's real, but the general public will think it's real, I personally think it's just an actor Universal hired, and they put a whole production out...it's funny how that the first YouTube movie is deleted, because Universal made him get rid of his film....

so anyone have any idea if this is real?

^ no, its just the storyline for this years haunt.

I'm going to be going to HHN this time around instead of haunt at knotts. Haunt was fun, but I was not very impressed to say the least. Just a bunch of mazes with nothing too stand out from thier mazes, save 3. I like the whole idea with "the director." Thats what makes this so cool is that its a little more then just "come to us because we have a bunch of mazes" where as USH and Florida actually have a theme for thier events.

The only sad thing is that he is being reused from Florida. But it makes perfect sense, so it should be good. I think next year's should be great. I bet they bring him back again, but will do something like Die-In, to really tie the event in its Horror roots. I would expect some mazes, even though technically the Bates Motel and WoW will be mazes, I think they will really try to do what Florida is doing. But it'd be great if it were all on the backlot, and the tram just drops you off and the event were there. Too bad that'd be a wee bit too much for all the companies there.

I think it'd be great for them to put scareators on Jurassic Park, like someone who's had his arm ripped off by the T-Rex, or things like that. And have them coming to the car, making the waterfall effect even more abrupt, as the riders would be paying attention to the scareators. Little things like that would be what would make this event amazing.

I saw his myspace and...Oh goodness...This guy is creepy...It makes wonder whether it's all for show or for real...

I saw it too, I don't think it's real, but the general public will think it's real, I personally think it's just an actor Universal hired, and they put a whole production out...it's funny how that the first YouTube movie is deleted, because Universal made him get rid of his film....

so anyone have any idea if this is real?

You cannot be serious.