TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

I'm really interested to see where they are going to put this. ^That seems like a good possibilitty. Another guess I have would be where Waterworld is because that has been on the chopping block for a while. And along with getting rid of the Gibson Amphitheater, that would open a big footprint, but I don't know how likely that would be. And also currently they've been doing a lot of construction around the Studio Tour's queue area, so I wonder if that is somewhat related.

They had also had a long term plan to redevelop part of the backlot. They had said they were going to get rid of Falls Lake, War of the Worlds, and Wisteria Lane. But we have not heard anything about that in a while.

I would much rather prefer to have this one be different from Florida. Maybe have Diagon Alley instead of Hogsmead.

What if they rethemed the entire park to Harry Potter?

I still think it's very possible that we'll see the entire upper lot, sans Simpsons, be totally re-worked as Harry Potter. Everything Potterized - Shrek, Waterworld, Terminator, House of Horrors, etc. Gone. All Potter.

While I'm always happy to see a park expand/re-theme areas, this one is not in my top-ten best ideas- at all. For some reason, IoA got neglected following HP's addition there, and I'm wondering if the same thing will happen to USH after HP is opened there.

I'd not be thrilled too much over this- yet.

While I'm always happy to see a park expand/re-theme areas, this one is not in my top-ten best ideas- at all. For some reason, IoA got neglected following HP's addition there, and I'm wondering if the same thing will happen to USH after HP is opened there.

(EDIT TO CLARIFY)

Are you talking about in terms of maintenance or crowds?

Hulk just got its queue refreshed and Spiderman is getting an upgrade. Doesn't sound like IoA is being neglected to me; that is, if I understand you correctly.

Edited by Someotherguyuser

I'm fairly impartial towards to Potter theme park franchise, i like the movies but I'm not really a die hard fan or anything. With that being said I kind of think Potterland fits better at the Studios park than it did at Islands of Adventure, will be interesting to see how this turns out.

(EDIT TO CLARIFY)

Are you talking about in terms of maintenance or crowds?

Hulk just got its queue refreshed and Spiderman is getting an upgrade. Doesn't sound like IoA is being neglected to me; that is, if I understand you correctly.

I'm thinking of how empty other parts of the park are- Maintenance is fine, don't get me wrong: But parts of IOA are starting to look 'decayed' and have lost their lustre quite a bit. It's all about Harry- and I'm really not wild about it. If IoA were to keep up with the other sections (Add rides, renovate full themes, etc.) I'd be more for it- but that's not been the case therein.

I'm thinking of how empty other parts of the park are- Maintenance is fine, don't get me wrong: But parts of IOA are starting to look 'decayed' and have lost their lustre quite a bit. It's all about Harry- and I'm really not wild about it. If IoA were to keep up with the other sections (Add rides, renovate full themes, etc.) I'd be more for it- but that's not been the case therein.

You know, they could always save some money by scrapping the Hogwarts Castle facade and put in its place a big mural on a large soundstage of Harry on his broomstick. They can use that money to fix the rest of the park.

Seriously though, I do agree with what you said. The park feels neglected enough as is. A lot of the effects on Jurassic Park have become jaded and so has Earthquake. The whole park needs to be repaired and It won't quite help with Potter. At least the park should get some more rides (Which the park REALLY needs).

It would be cool to see a unique ride from Orlando go in there.

The difference between IOA and USH is that USH sort of sucks and feels pretty dated and mish mashed, ESPECIALLY the upper lot attractions. Gutting a lot of that crappy stuff and putting in something relevant is fine by me.

I don't know about this... I feel like a Harry Potter themed ride or two would be a great addition to USH, but recreating an entire section of the park is a bit much. It might just me, who gets peeved when companies repeat themselves in different parks. I love that USH has the new King-Kong while neither of the Florida parks has it.

I'm all for this, and I'm not a big Harry Potter fan at all. Personally, I've never really seen anything that appealing about USH. Since I'm not a huge movie buff, I've always looked at it from the ride stand point, and compared to the other Universal parks, and the other major parks in California, it didn't stand a chance. If they bring in one or two major attractions, it could put it on the map for me. If not, it'll at least look amazing.

This is a bad idea.

The two "Magic Kingdom"-style Disney parks have some big differences with each other, and are separate enough that (MOST) guests can tell the difference between Disneyland and Magic Kingdom.

Having a carbon-copy Wizarding World be built in Hollywood (if you'll pardon the expression) spoils the magic. Now, if that Wizarding World WON'T have Hogwarts and the other attractions that Florida has, and INSTEAD have different locations that you couldn't see in the Florida area, then they might be on to something.