TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: shesaidboom and 307 do La Ronde, TGE, SFNE, more!!

shesaidboom

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to hear of your missing out on the park, i have been their in pouring rain and they were open, must have been an odd day or something was up.

the park has some nice stuff

dash obviously and to argue with Elissa its dang close to balder on my list.

the sky ride has some nice views from atop the hillside.

wildcat is a nice classic style ptc. i love old ptc 3 seat trains. its a decent ride similar in speed to thunderbolt with some OK air time.

other then that the park really has few unique rides, the do have a rotor, an OK rapids ride.

the lakeside trolley is another nice thing the park has. and the new show they brought in cirque en vol is not bad either.

I really feel bad for you all spending the 3 extra days and going out of your way for something that shouldn't have been an issue. It's not really what you missed at the park that matters, it's the fact that you missed it when you shouldn't have had to. Just because a park can't control the weather doesn't mean they should cut operating cost at the expense of those of us who actually plan things ahead of time.

I think you should at least write a letter to the park or something explaining your situation and see how they plan on making up the part of your trip that they deleted for you. Any good park management should at least be willing to comp your admission if you plan on returning in the future for a situation like this. Then again it's totally understandable if you don't plan on returning and technically that would be their loss.

Loved the pictures and comments, great TR!

^ If anything you should write to them and inform them the person you spoke with on the phone ASSURED you the park would be open that day, because it was closed the day before and you thought ahead enough to call. That is unacceptable in any business, and makes me want to skip this park entirely. Perhaps they will attempt and make it up to you somehow. If they do, I suggest you don't post publicly about it or brag about it, as they will change the way they compensate in the future if people try and take advantage of them. When I had a rainout at Dollywood, and they found out how far I had come, they accomadated me, hopefully they will at the very least give you a raincheck ticket or some free merchandise.

-James Dillaman

Awesome TR. Very funny. I love it when people create a story around their photos. Nice work.

On a little side note. I'm so sorry to hear about your bad LC experience. I totally loved this little park. I will agree with Robb in saying that it is a 2-3 hour stay. Half day at best if it's busy.

Oh, I love Boulder Dash! Easily one of my top 5 wood. A little rough in the back, but the front is smooth as buttah!

Guy "Boobs and Ass shots always make a TR better." Koepp

You guyzsz PTR is hillHARRYass! I thouroughly enjoyed reading all the Haiku poems and appreciate the creativity involved.

I also can't beleive that Lake Compounce did that to you! Talk about bad business practices. That's just not right. I've been rained out of parks twice, (Elitch's and Miribilandia), but they TOLD me they would be closed when I called in the morning. I guess someone way up on the management chain decides that they will save more money just sending all the employees home for the day than opening the park for the few hundred people that show up during the crappy weather. Soooo frustrating.

I went to Montreal last year, I liked it, I liked Parc Jean Drapeau where La ronde was but La Ronde....the ride ops, I swear they were on valium, and I missed the dragon credit because I didn't know it existed - bummer, and Goliath didn't exist then. Montreal is a strange place but interesting to someone who lives as far away from there as I do.

Lake Compounce doesn't get too many visitors daily. Maybe 10 min lines, on the most crowded days. So when it rains, the park is aboulutely dead. No one is there, and all they're doing is wasting money by paying ride ops and electric and water bills. Lake Compounce's management, is very good. The park probally just opened at 11am like usual, and they didn't take the sign down from the day before, or that lady was mis-informed. Other than Lake Compounce, it sounded like you had a load of fun!

Lake Compounce did it again today. They actually called it 2 1/2 hours early this time. It was raining in the morning, but the park wasn't supposed to open until 5. When we were by the park gates at 3, the ground was dry and the sun was shining. If they can't make a profit that day, they close the park. It happens quite frequently at that park. It is a really sad way to run a park. Who cares if it's not going to be profitable that one day? The proper thing to do is open the park and make the customers who choose to come that day happy.

Ben

The park probally just opened at 11am like usual, and they didn't take the sign down from the day before, or that lady was mis-informed.

Not true. I know for a fact that they were closed both Saturday and Sunday of Labor Day weekend.

Although I don't agree with them closing the park, it is one of my favorite parks and Boulder Dash is my #1 coaster. If you're in the area again, you really should give them a second chance.

Sue

Not true. I know for a fact that they were closed both Saturday and Sunday of Labor Day weekend.

Yeah, they definately didn't open at all. On Saturday we stayed in the area way past 11 am and called several times to make sure it was infact going to be closed all day. We kept calling to make sure because we couldn't figure out why the park would be closed when it wasn't even raining. On Sunday we called at 10 am before we left the hotel [where they said they'd be open] and then again at 10:45 and were told the park would be closed all day.

If they can't make a profit that day, they close the park. It happens quite frequently at that park. It is a really sad way to run a park.

I agree. I get that they're not the most visited park and they'd probably get a lot less visitors in the rain, but I'm sure many people do go out of their way to get there and if those people get screwed over they'll think negatively of the place and probably not want to come back. Like us! Then they'll go tell all their friends about how much the park sucks. Like we did! That's not a way to spread positive things about your business. I know tons of people already love the park and will still visit no matter what, but they should still be trying to build up a bigger fan base.

I was their in 2003 and Boulderdash VERY overrated. You want a good woodie go to MT OLYMPUS and ride Hades. Well maybe not this year but next year. Your photo TR was great.

We actually rode Hades for the first time in June, and you're right it was great. So was Avalanche right next door. We still want to ride Boulderdash though, just to experience it for ourselves. I'm just not sure we'd risk driving the 9 hours to get nothing again, when we could go somewhere else we know will be open when they say they will be.

If your telling your friends that Lake Compounce sucks, isn't that all speculation? Yes, maybe you didn't get into the park and yes, maybe that made you very angry, but telling people the park sucks when you didn't even experience it for yourself is not right. Also, if i were you, I would contact the park and see if you could find what the problem actually was. The park has opened on much lousier days, so there had the be a prominent issue. Also, if you did have the oppurtunity to check the website, it was actually updated the previous night saying they would be closed Sunday. Miscommunication is a problem you will see at any park, and I'm sure this was just one bad case of it. Out of my knowledge, the park has not opened 3 times this year "due to weather", two of them being labor day weekend.

To those of you saying Boulder Dash is overrated, I don't understand how that is so, if everyone seems to love it? To experience Boulder right, you have to ride everywhere on the train. Every ride on Boulder is a totally differnt experience, and yes some are bland, but others are out of control. Also, you haven't experienced Boulder until you've ridden it at night. Flying through the woods at 65mph in the pitch black is just amazing.

^We've always followed up our "Lake Compounce sucks" with an explanation of our experience. We never actually got to experience the park so we're not sure what the inside is like, and everyone we've talked to about it is aware of that. They're free to form their own opinions of the place, but I don't see anything wrong with being upset about our experience and sharing it with others. Isn't that part of the point of trip reports? Sharing individual experiences and opinions of parks? We've never said anyone had to agree with us.

We didn't check the website as we did not have a computer or internet connection with us, but even if they did update the website they didn't update their staff or phone message. They should've done both, especially within less than an hour of opening. Other parks may have similar issues on occassion, but we experienced it with Lake Compounce and not another park. If it had been any other park, we would've written the same things about that park. I don't see why we should brush it off and say "Oh they're probably a good park despite this. Everyone else seems to love the place". We're upset about it and I think we have every reason to be.

I honestly don't care how many days they were closed 'due to weather' this year, what matters to me is that they were closed when I was there and on one of the days it was for absolutely no reason. It was actually a nice day and not a drop of rain showed up. If it was pouring rain all weekend that would've been a different story.

• 5 weeks later...

If Boulder Dash in truely that great, or a top 10 coaster it should not matter what seat or row you sit in.

As for the night rides on it you realy need to ride Hades or Voyage at night. i think that both of them are far getter than Boulder Dash at night, I'm not saying that it is a bad coaster, it's a good coaster, but i don't think It's as good as people are it out to be.

I was at Holiday World for Holiwood night's. and Voyage was increadable at night, but then again most coasters feel much better at night ,