TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: shesaidboom and 307 do La Ronde, TGE, SFNE, more!!

shesaidboom

Unfortunately, Catapult was closed both days we were there so we didn't get to ride it. Pandamonium was okay..the first time we rode it with two adults about our size and we didn't think it was so hot. The second time we rode with a couple scrawny kids and it was a lot of fun. I guess it just depends on who you're riding with.

Lake Compounce, well that's a whole other story. You'll find out about that soon. Thanks for the reply

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another fantastic TR!!!!

'American Size Small' I'm still laughing!!!

Stupid George Foreman Grill ride, that thing is just wrong!

I was waiting for someone to say that about Nightwing. The damn ride can squeeze the fat out of you like the foreman grill. To enjoy the ride, it's better to watch from the midway and hear the agonizing groans of all the guys as they get locked into place.

Anyway, thanks for loving my homepark, SFNE. I would have joined you since my house is 20 minutes from the park over in Connecticut, but I'm in Maine now for school.

It's a shame you didn't like Cyclone, that ride was so much better with the original drop and minus the trims. But when it comes to being very violent, that's Cyclone's trademark which makes it a fun ride for most SFNE regulars.

Next time you guys go to SFNE, might I recommend looking for hotels in Windsor Locks, CT off route 75. That's where all the better quality hotels are since they're near the airport and such.

can't wait for your Lake Compounce TR.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys

We found it kind of ridiculous that we went to a Tim Horton's in the US and they gave us a Canadian size large when we asked for a medium. The lid on the cup even said 'large', but it was being sold as a medium. Do they even have small fries at McDonald's there? We didn't see it on the menu at all. It's widely known that to get more bang for your buck in regards to food stuffs, Canadians should travel south of the border. AND PEOPLE WONDER WHY AMERICANS ARE SO FAT

We never understood the George Forman Grill reference until we rode Night Wing. The worst part was they locked you in and left you laying there for at least five minutes before they even started the ride. We will never be doing this again.

This was back in August, the 27th to September 2nd, we just neglected to mention the dates. It would've been fun to meet up with someone since it's usually just us.

Anyway, Lake Compounce update will be up in a bit.

shesaidboom AND 307 GO TO MONTREAL AND NEW ENGLAND IN SEARCH OF THEIR 200TH COASTERS AND A BUNCH OF OTHER CRAP!!! PART FIVE OF ... FIVE? WHATEV.

So uhhhh Lake Compounce decided that, due to the "potential for a possible brush with rain" [their words!] on Saturday, that they would CLOSE IT. WITH NO WARNING OR ANYTHING. NOTHING. And the worst part? SATURDAY WAS A GREAT DAY. NO RAIN. AT ALL.

SO that meant that on Sunday [the time designated for the nine hour return drive home], we'd have to drive an hour *south* [aka, the opposite way we needed to travel to get home], spend an hour or two at Lake Compounce, and then drive home [a ten hour drive now].

Before we left the hotel in the morning, we called the park to verify that it was, indeed, going to open as scheduled, and were told that yes, in fact, it would be. Excellent.

So, here we go...!

143.jpg.f1a3a80820564f949cd79a680549b6df.jpg

...but we wanted to end with a happy face, even though this was definately the worst trip we've been on. We ended up spending three days doing *nothing* because of Lake Compost's poor management. So uh, thanks for reading, and see you next year!

142.jpg.34fd86e5a53e3e6c67fd89b39a3355d8.jpg

Much of the 10 hour drive home was spent yelling about the horrible management at this dump, which will now be referred to as "Lake Compost". The Worst Managed Park in the US! Makes me yearn for Darien Lake. I HATE THIS PLACE.

141.jpg.f1fdc9ac787443f08383ef86b31d9910.jpg

OH YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME. After *another* call to make sure the park was to open, we were told that "It's raining, so we're not opening today."

dude, thats like uber suckage that LC doesnt feel like operating because of a "brush with rain". What kind of BS is that anyways? Oh well, since this is my first post on this TR im gonna go ahead and comment the rest of the reports:

LR- Looks like y'all had fun

Goliath is a cool ride

Haikus rock out loud

TGE- princess with an umbrella in the rain, and whats with the painful and vibrately colored Arrow escaping the chopping block? boo bad decisions, hooray bobsleds!

SFNE- Superman kicks my a** everytime I ride it, its just an awesome ride that has airtime by the truckload. Definately a good ride. How was Pandemonium? Does it really have bad lines for a boring ride? It doesnt seem like it would, I'd love to go down there and ride it sometime soon...

anyways, nice TRs

-Tex

Yay for doing nothing! I just read the whole report, and you two definitely rule hard. That was some of the greates captions Ive ever read! And I had a similar hotel experience in the Dells, it was a Days Inn and it was like sleeping in an ash tray! It was seriously horrible! Well, well done kids, Im looking forward to the next one.

Colin"and If that was REALLY Jer's ass, Im going to puke"C

Haha well I have no clue what the hell bit me, but I really thought we should document it, since it was such a painful, horrifying experience. Seriously, the thing was in the most uncomfortable spot. Ugh!

But uh, I had to suffer, so I am making sure I'm not suffering alone.

Awwww, shame you guys missed out on Lake Compounce. They're very cautious when it comes to weather, where as SFNE will at least open but may close early because of the rain.

But I will say this, when Lake Compounce is open, the operations are amazing, the staff is very friendly, boulder dash is the shiznit, and the food is great. It is a very family oriented park.

So be sure to hit LC again when you come back down this way.

Oh, you are f'ing KIDDING me - they actually closed an entire PARK because of a chance of rain?

What, do they actually believe the common misconception that if it rains, the trains will somehow "slip" off the track and plummet to the ground?

Jeez, sorry for the piss-poor management; if it means anything to you, it really is a fun park, even if the people running it have proven themselves to be so stupid as hell. I don't know if it's "ten-hour drive" good, but if you're ever in the area again - and the weather holds up - you should check it out.

Damn... that really does suck.

Apparently Lake Compounce has been infiltrated by Knotts Management!

"Sorry Folks, see those there clouds in the sky, yeah we're not going to open on a Saturday because of them!"

That's really shocking and appalling that even after a call to the park it was closed when you got there. I'm truly shocked!

And don't worry about what others are saying, Boulderdash is HIGHLY overrated and the rest of the park is just 'meh'.

Oy, that sucks!!! The park is "ok." Been there once in like 1999, and then again in 2001 and haven't bothered going back since. IMO the woodie is WAY, WAY, WAY overrated. I've seen some of the worst line jumping EVER at that place, and other than the two woodies, the dark ride, and a cuople of flats you can do just about anywhere, there really isn't that much to do there. It's a 2-3 hour park at BEST.

Personally, I didn't think you missed too much. Other than being home a day earlier!

--Robb "I had more enjoyment reading your TR than I did on my last visit to Lake Compounce!" Alvey

Thanks for the replies guys!

I really was only looking forward to Lake Compost for Boulder Dash, which I had heard mixed reviews on. But I'm a big woody freak, so I was still excited. I hadn't heard much positive reviews of the rest of the park [outside of the FREE BEVERAGES!], and wasn't looking forward to anything else at the park outside of the skilift thing and the screamin' swing.

But oh well!

The real bummer for me is that I didn't break 200 on this trip, I'm still stuck at 193. Missing two credits at La Ronde, two at TGE [three if you include Nightmare] and the four at Lake Compost has left me dangling. There's always next year though.

We might do a PCW Photo TR before end of season, but if not, thanks for reading guys! We have some big plans for next year

And the four at Lake Compost has left me dangling. There's always next year though.

First - lol to "compost" thats what my dad has been calling the place for years!

And second - you would have only got 3 at LC.. That kiddie is a bitch to get

Canobie "I got it in 1998" fan and also Canobie "Lake Compounce sucks.. But I <3 Dash" Fan.

You guys missed out on lake compounce. There may not be alot of rides but how good they are makes up for it. Boulderdash is a bit over rated. The line jumping is horrible , Boulderdash could be mistaked for a Vekoma now days. It has good airtime and the mountain thing is cool. But whatch out , after the best airtime hill on it there is astrait part that is so ruff you feel your organs smashing into eachother.