TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

OK these are freaking cool. https://cedarpointonlineshop.com/

Made it out to Cedar Point this past weekend, October 17th-18th with my mom and dad to visit my sister working at the park. My sister works at Dorney, but since they closed early, a bunch of full time

Posted Images

Ok guys so a guy called coasterfeed on Instagram has pictures of a layout and logo for valravn which look pretty legit. He said that someone leaked it on the app for the countdown. I was thinking that it could be another bat hoax like with KI. But I'm not sure, it does look awesome and real. This guy is convinced 100% that this is the real thing. Check it out for yourself.

Yeah I saw that... looks pretty low resolution and low quality to be a legit rendering, but who knows. Usually B&M computer models are very fine 3d work, not crap 3d plastered over low quality Google Earth.

That said, I'd love a dive loop into a zero g roll on a dive machine!

Edited by DrachenfireOP

The animation looks like NL1 not even NL2. Also seems very short in height for what the actual track is showing.

Also CP models usually have everything around the ride in 3D, not Google Earth, so I'm not buying it.

Valravn leak? From what people are saying who watched it, this coaster features the vertical drop -> Immelmann -> MCBR -> Dive Loop -> Barrel Roll -> Airtime Hill.

And by the way, the reason it's such low quality is because it's from their new VR app. It's not an official animation I don't think.

image.jpg.29f5612cea347ed0009d800d664d17c4.jpg

image.jpg.cd3bb8ad520dacf5c48c3a5090712700.jpg

image.jpg.6632e9bd5118739ee5bc933812faec90.jpg

0GxVZqP.thumb.png.235cc697b7bf251601ac99737fbf6fe7.png

ADpoNKV.thumb.png.8aaffe337edaccb36529af7f544a22c2.png

JojWBwT.thumb.png.0ff9c36bbd49cfb1068547d340b3c852.png

zCwVTgQ.thumb.png.1a458a39dd0d882cf27a36c9eb3a92a0.png

Edited by robbalvey

I'm a programmer and also know Unity. So long as the Reddit user is telling the truth about the app being made in Unity, I believe this is real.

Edited by Dom497

^ ^ ^ ^ I'm join the "That's not real" group. Everything just looks so poorly done. Just look at power tower for example. It looks awful, and I'm not just talking about the image quality. The ride itself looks poorly made. Cedar Point would do better than that.

So IMO... Not real.

It is very odd that the app is available (sort-of) on the google play store only. From a business standpoint, wouldn't it make more sense to offer the app through itunes? Perhaps this is an accident and the app was going to be released on all platforms at once.

Put me in the "it's real" camp. Your better res layout will accompany the announcement...this is just a little app where they are trying something new.

Now I did say I enjoyed the dive coaster I've riden and was excited for this, but this layout just seems uninspiring. It'll be good fun and diversify the offering some more but couldn't we just have another Maverick. Ya know, help alleviate the lines there a bit.

Maybe it's because that quadruple down over at Dollywood is all I can really think of.

I could easily be like: It looks fake so must be fake. But being the open minded person I am about this I'm going to say this:

If real: This looks promising, A dive with at least 3 inversions and 2 drops, I'm in. Besides that logo looks awesome.

If fake: Like I said this looks promising so if this is fake I hope CP comes with something a bit more interesting.

Well in over 10 days we know.

Put me in the "it's real" camp. Your better res layout will accompany the announcement...this is just a little app where they are trying something new.

Now I did say I enjoyed the dive coaster I've riden and was excited for this, but this layout just seems uninspiring. It'll be good fun and diversify the offering some more but couldn't we just have another Maverick. Ya know, help alleviate the lines there a bit.

Maybe it's because that quadruple down over at Dollywood is all I can really think of.

Not sure if its real or not, but personally think this would be better suited to CW. At a park like CP, this layout just seems "meh" to me.

Clearly real to me. I don't think anyone would go through the trouble of faking a custom printed google cardboard. Looks like a pretty standard dive machine to me, which are good rides.

^^^Agreed. I think people aren't believing this because of the layout. Maybe it's not as good at people expected, so they just are pretending not to believe it. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong, but this looks real to me. Dive coasters are great rides and this coaster is going to be great no matter what, and the GP will eat it up. I think it's the same as what happened with Gatekeeper, no, it may not be a Maverick, but the GP still ate it up, and brought in more people. Maybe they're going for the same thing next year. Well we will know soon enough.

This is faked,

A: the park uses a different software for animations.

B: the cedar point banners logo is not proof that this is real, it was used before this was released.

C: this would be much shorter than it would most likely be

D: this being true would make the original leak totally false. Everyone took that as fact before but this is even less credible.

This is faked,

A: the park uses a different software for animations.

B: the cedar point banners logo is not proof that this is real, it was used before this was released.

C: this would be much shorter than it would most likely be

D: this being true would make the original leak totally false. Everyone took that as fact before but this is even less credible.

A: They aren't using this as a professional promotional off ride flyaround. They're trying Virtual Reality.

B: Seems like a pretty good "fake" to me then

C: All dive machines are short, and this is the longest one by far. How do you know how long it should be? You don't.

D: How would it make the original leak false? The only thing that this proves wrong about the memo is 4 inversions. Also, the VR app screenshots don't give us a full idea of the entire layout, so there could definitely be another inversion there somewhere.

Being knowledgeable about some graphic design, These logos, backgrounds, and custom google cardboard prints are too well done to be by some amateur leak artist.

My vote: this is definitely real.