TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 2017: Top Thrill Dragster RETIRED!?!?!?

I'm heading there this year as well. The rides I'm looking most forward to are:

1. Blue Streak

2. Mean Streak

3. Magnum XL 200

4. Rougarou

5. GateKeeper

6. Corkscrew

7. Millennium Force

8. Maverick

Do you have any ideas on how to accomplish these rides in a quick manner? (I can't afford FastLane)

If Magnum doesn't have enough airtime for you, you are the problem. Magnum has insain airtime. Infact, many people think the airtime on the return run is TOO intense (But then say GK is forceless ).

Magnum is arguably one of the best coasters in the park. In my opinion, its likely one of the best coasters in the world. But then again, I'm a big fan of Arrows.

I am wondering of the people that love this coaster; how tall are you? I am 6' tall and found the lap bars way too tight. Kind of made any airtime less enjoyable.

Im a shorter guy at 5'6. I find that a non-wheel seat reduces the amount of thigh pain to well within my own tolerance. Not saying that the coaster is a B&M Hyper by any stretch of the imagination in reguards to smoothness, but it certainly more intense than any of them. The seats didnt orginally have padding and once it was added it didnt leave much room for... well.. riders. I could see it being a tough ride for the taller among us.

Well thank you so much about all of the information! I just get more and more excited for it! Magnum in the back sounds awesome. I will probably aim for the Front or back of Raptor. I am definitely wanting to do a front and back of Millennium Force and I want a front row of Top Thrill Dragster. I'll probably do front and back of Wicked Twister. Front of Maverick. Front and back of Gatekeeper (one on one side and one on the other). Front of Blue Streak. Front of Mean Streak (if I even want to ride it).

If there is one thing I'm worried about it is the weather. Hopefully the rain and wind won't be a factor on my trip!

Again thank you all for all of this advice! Very excited for June!

I would also strongly recommend a back row ride on Maverick as well cause even though Maverick is amazing in the front the back is really good on this ride as I feel you are thrown over the first drop giving amazing airtime.

1. Blue Streak

2. Mean Streak

3. Magnum XL 200

4. Rougarou

5. GateKeeper

6. Corkscrew

7. Millennium Force

8. Maverick

Do you have any ideas on how to accomplish these rides in a quick manner? (I can't afford FastLane)

That's an interesting order for the rides you're most looking forward to... you've probably already got your plans set, but judging by your signature you'd be better off at Kings Island a few hours down the road. If you're set on Cedar Point, you probably won't have much issue with lines at Blue Streak, Mean Streak, Magnum, or Corkscrew. Just avoid the big name rides during peak hours (mid-afternoon) and ride Gatekeeper in the afternoon. If you have early entry, I'd say Maverick and Millennium Force/Rougarou would be good starting points.

Don't set your hopes too high for Mean Streak and Corkscrew. I don't know that I've seen someone more excited for those than MF and Maverick, but it's your trip. Just letting you know.

Well thank you so much about all of the information! I just get more and more excited for it! Magnum in the back sounds awesome. I will probably aim for the Front or back of Raptor. I am definitely wanting to do a front and back of Millennium Force and I want a front row of Top Thrill Dragster. I'll probably do front and back of Wicked Twister. Front of Maverick. Front and back of Gatekeeper (one on one side and one on the other). Front of Blue Streak. Front of Mean Streak (if I even want to ride it).

If there is one thing I'm worried about it is the weather. Hopefully the rain and wind won't be a factor on my trip!

Again thank you all for all of this advice! Very excited for June!

I would also strongly recommend a back row ride on Maverick as well cause even though Maverick is amazing in the front the back is really good on this ride as I feel you are thrown over the first drop giving amazing airtime.

Noted! I do plan on doing some re-rides on some of these. I'll definitely try out the back!

1. Blue Streak

2. Mean Streak

3. Magnum XL 200

4. Rougarou

5. GateKeeper

6. Corkscrew

7. Millennium Force

8. Maverick

Simple advice I would give is hustle around the park and don't dilly dally. I never buy any sort of skip the line passes at any parks and never have any problems. When I was at Cedar Point last year on a Saturday got on everything in 1 day easily with plenty of re-rides and still had time. Just have a plan of attack and stick to it. Your legs can be your best friends at a park if used properly.

I love Magnum and it's one of my favorite coasters. I only sit in row 6-1, which is the first row in the last car. I always get a smooth ride and lots of pain free airtime. Everyone I have recommended 6-1 to has had good rides. Hopefully you guys will too.

Maverick is fun in any row, but the last row is the best.

Magnum is a bit painful but it's an enjoyable coaster. I'm 6'1 and get a ton of airtime on those return bunny hops. Still, it's pretty far down my list of Cedar Point coasters.

1.) Maverick

2.) Dragster

3.) Millennium

4.) GateKeeper

5.) Raptor

6.) Wicked Twister

7.) Magnum

I would say get Maverick done as soon as possible that line can get long quick, plus they'll have the new soft restraints which could take a little longer to load we'll see. It is hard to start at it since it's at the back of the park but you can always enter through one of the other entrances ala the marina entrance or the resort entrance to get a head start on beating people back there.

Why would soft restraints affect capacity? It's not like they're adding seatbelts, so the loading times should be more or less the same, right?

They will be exactly the same loading time if they are like the ones on I305. Unless somebody knows a reason why these would be more difficult to use for guests (of a larger size? Hard to use seatbelt clip?) I can't see softer restrains creating any kind of difference in capacity.

For the Early Entry...are there generally a lot of people? Also, what ride should I hit first for Early Entry? Rougarou maybe since it is new?

Every time I go, Raptor is a walf on for like the entirety of the hour. I usually don't hit Gatekeeper at this time so I wouldn't know. Millenium is usually the biggest draw and you might wait 15-20 minutes. Rougarou should probably be 10-15 considering its new, but has awesome capacity. Maverick is usually pretty short.

For the Early Entry...are there generally a lot of people? Also, what ride should I hit first for Early Entry? Rougarou maybe since it is new?

During early entry I've hit Maverick, Millennium, Raptor, Gatekeeper in that order and was in line for Dragster by 9:50. Millennium is the biggest wait during early entry but on most of my visits if it was the first or second ride I did the wait was no more than 10 minutes.

Just a heads up for those still interested... My Winter Chill Out photos have been upload: Cedar Point Winter Chill Out 2015

I would have done a photo TR post for it, but since I was late to the party with getting the pictures edited and such, I figure I wouldn't bother. Plus, plenty of other TR's floating around already!

Just a heads up for those still interested... My Winter Chill Out photos have been upload: Cedar Point Winter Chill Out 2015

I would have done a photo TR post for it, but since I was late to the party with getting the pictures edited and such, I figure I wouldn't bother. Plus, plenty of other TR's floating around already!

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Robb sent out an email on this, but in case you didn't get it or not on his mailing list - Registration for Coastermania on June 5 is now open! Here is the link from Robb.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/plan-a-visit/coastermania

Am I reading that right? As long as you're a member of a coaster club and have a season pass the event is free? I mean besides having to buy the club membership and season pass.

Robb sent out an email on this, but in case you didn't get it or not on his mailing list - Registration for Coastermania on June 5 is now open! Here is the link from Robb.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/plan-a-visit/coastermania

Am I reading that right? As long as you're a member of a coaster club and have a season pass the event is free? I mean besides having to buy the club membership and season pass.

Always been free. Also always huge attendance (like over 1000) for a coaster event.

I didn't know that. Thanks! Since there is no extra charge I'd imagine it would get very busy. Ert lines would be crazy. Am I wrong?

Usually they have a bunch of stuff open. Stuff that's newer gets a big line, stuff that isn't, not so much. I haven't been in years because, hey, it isn't that exclusive. Traditionally, if you wanted to marathon on Magnum at midnight though, Coastermania could definitely do you right. But I really don't hang out with many people in the scene anymore, so it isn't my thing even at the best possible price ($0).

During early entry I've hit Maverick, Millennium, Raptor, Gatekeeper in that order and was in line for Dragster by 9:50. Millennium is the biggest wait during early entry but on most of my visits if it was the first or second ride I did the wait was no more than 10 minutes.

Good to know for my June trip! I can't wait to finally visit Cedar Point.

Are Millennium and Maverick more front seat or back seat rides? I plan on trying both but want some recommendations for our first ride the evening before.

Maverick and Millennium Force are good in any row, but the last row is the best.

I personally think 1-2 on MF is the best kept secret... Usually walk-on and due to the stadium seating, usually have a great front-seat view without the wait. I think there is far more airtime in the front (aside from front drop) in the front of the train, especially on warm nights.

On Maverick, any seat is good. But I do like the visuals up front.