TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 1989: Wicked Twister's permanent closure announced!

HA! I was right about Rougarou's trains!

Can you link where you found this?

Edit: Wow, Dodgem relocated this offseason. Seriously not expecting that. Good to see these family rides relocated instead of removed.

To me, this adds quite a bit of fuel to the Dive coaster rumor. Why would they be doing all this NOW for a dark ride? This is going to be big.

Edited by Password121

New trains on Maverick! I was hoping to avoid cedar point this year on my coaster trips, but with my favorite coaster getting rid of the otsr, and the mantisraguoe conversion I'm gonna have to try them back out. Now if they could just add the zero g roll back onto Maverick the best coaster ever made would be better haha

New trains on Maverick! I was hoping to avoid cedar point this year on my coaster trips, but with my favorite coaster getting rid of the otsr, and the mantisraguoe conversion I'm gonna have to try them back out. Now if they could just add the zero g roll back onto Maverick the best coaster ever made would be better haha

Not new trains, new restraints. They will be the best ones like I305

Never in my life did I think I would read such a statement.

I am visiting Cedar Point this summer and I was a little worried from some of the reviews from Maverick with the head-banging...but now...I just can't wait to ride over and over again!

You're going to have to wait. That ride has the longest lines in the park!

I am visiting Cedar Point this summer and I was a little worried from some of the reviews from Maverick with the head-banging...but now...I just can't wait to ride over and over again!

I'm staying at Hotel Breakers for 2 nights and will be at the park for 3 days. I will be able to ride it multiple times haha. CAN'T WAIT!

PointBuzz posted this photo on their Facebook page showing a rendering of the re-done Wicked Twister midway:

1378578_10153108943661796_7032389846247588075_n.jpg?oh=05d04742f1cc6d8274a071b9d0d6001d&oe=559195B7

This really helped to clarify for me exactly what's going where, since there's a lot changing over here in 2015. I'd imagine the rendering itself will eventually appear online somewhere at large resolution, as CP tends to do with them.

I'm staying at Hotel Breakers for 2 nights and will be at the park for 3 days. I will be able to ride it multiple times haha. CAN'T WAIT!

You have plenty of time to hit up all the great coasters! Just avoid Raptor and GateKeeper in the morning. I've never seen a coaster that has as long a wait as Raptor does early in the day, and have almost no line by the late afternoon. Also recommend hitting up Millennium Force right at closing, to get one of the final night rides.

Enjoy America's Rockin' Roller Coast!

Edited by Mossed

Ok here's the info

1. Turnpike Cars are gone

2. Wicked twister midway refresh, calypso is relocating next to the Ferris wheel and dodgem is also relocating over there

3. I305 restraints on Maverick confirmed.

4. They HINTED at RMC coming to the park. Tony Clark & Jason the GM of the park were giving us a slideshow presentation and a picture of Outlaw Run was clipped by really fast and they said "Whoops how did that get here" when they were asked questions about it later they just said "I don't know what your talking about"

Ok here's the info

1. Turnpike Cars are gone

2. Wicked twister midway refresh, calypso is relocating next to the Ferris wheel and dodgem is also relocating over there

3. I305 restraints on Maverick confirmed.

4. They HINTED at RMC coming to the park. Tony Clark & Jason the GM of the park were giving us a slideshow presentation and a picture of Outlaw Run was clipped by really fast and they said "Whoops how did that get here" when they were asked questions about it later they just said "I don't know what your talking about"

WHY IS NOBODY TALKING ABOUT #4?! This is the first I'm hearing of it.

Has it been confirmed that maverick is getting new restraints like I305 or restrains like MF or TTD?

There is your answer.

These are Maverick's current trains...

They use a combination of a ancient 1960s lapbar and a thin, but hard shoulder restraint.

Intamin used these between 2004 and 2011.

maverick.thumb.JPG.3f370744677d95fda0d65fa71a20f073.JPG

If the park specifically mentioned Intimidator 305, then it's likely that the park will simply replace the hard shoulder part with a soft and flexible one.

Intamin first installed these on Bakken's spinning coaster in 2009. i305 got them in the summer of 2010, a few months after the ride's opening.

They haven't been used on any other ride.

inta13.jpg.f3f867ab5b4e081ec723fb9e82fadba9.jpg

Since 2013 however, Intamin has started using properly shaped lapbars, without an additional shoulder element:

inta.thumb.jpg.67f2b5a28ec0131fe91006d35341f15d.jpg

4846154674127503174.jpg.600184b6aeefd09055236c8ec17cda31.jpg

Edited by BDG

I think the lap bar would be best, also I think that the outlaw run picture is probably hinting towards a new woodie instead of a steel mean streak. Do you think a new RMC could be the 2016 coaster instead of a new Dive Machine?

Welp, today has been exciting. All great news, the new Wicked Twister midway is going to look great (similar to the new Gemini one), Mantis will be ride-able (and one of the better rides in the park), and Maverick has the chance to be my #2 coaster in the world now... This is possibly the best offseason for CP since Maverick was installed.

I couldn't have been more excited when I heard the Maverick news.

Unknown-2.jpeg.caebe5ee705bd0e290d64f709e197b14.jpeg